Could you tell me what this is ?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Re: Could you tell me what this is ?

Unread post by Congafury »

Seilahyn wrote:Wasn't that method patched on the US servers, though? I thought they removed all the ways possible to glitch tame things with visual effects/buffs.

Also, the pictures you posted don't show. I just see some Chinese text and a little girl eating something from a bowl. You might have to rehost them and not directly link from whatever site you found them.

Also for those wondering, the cat is in the Hunter's stables. It's the third card down on the right hand side. The link is to pet58884 which is the normal orange tiger being shown when clicked. If this were the same tiger as the first guy, who claimed he got his in Jade Forest, it would be the brown model and not orange. From what I could tell, every tiger I checked was the brown skin under the black goop.
will reupload them, now!

I have also noticed that the cat has a different color. interesting:3 I'm intrigued!

I'm starting to think^ that maybe the kill taming method was only patched on EU and US servers?
Attachments
25eb8c22720e0cf32a8a002f0a46f21fbf09aa1b.jpg
25eb8c22720e0cf32a8a002f0a46f21fbf09aa1b.jpg (403.78 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
03444666d016092439db13ced40735fae4cd34a6.jpg
03444666d016092439db13ced40735fae4cd34a6.jpg (139.02 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Don't panic!
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Sounds like the Kill and revive method which cannot be done on NA servers.

I tried multiple times. You can tell from the combat logs it does not work. Mob has 15K health gets hit for 40k+ no overkill pet becomes tamed. Same thing like 10+ times. This has been fixed on NA servers.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

I don't get why would they fix this one EU and NA servers and leave it open for other regions..
Don't panic!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I have gotten hold of my Chinese guildmate. Unfortunately, she isn't able to read and write her own self. *Fortunately*, she's got relatives who can, so if things aren't figured out by the time she gets back to 'home', I can see if they can answer. Maybe we can figure this out before it gets hotfixed. ;)

EDIT: She got in touch with one brother who can't read it. It's 'old style' writing, which is more complicated than the simplified characters. Hopefully there's someone else who might be able to figure it out there.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I just went the dungeon shado-pan monastery and maybe I can bring some light into the dark....
The boss before the last boss, the sha of whatever left a debuff on my pet. Making it look like this:

This debuff lasted about 20 seconds still when the boss was killed. Now it made me wonder. We all have had pets that still had the buffs from the deathwing fight on them after a wipe, or pets left with bloodlust, or stacks of frenzy. I don't really know how this happens, but I think it's when you get killed while your pet has the debuff on it, or you dismiss your pet with the debuff and somehow it keeps on the pet. I have an orange tiger, so this might be why it looks slightly different.

Maybe someone can try it out if this is the cause for the pet to look like the sha-touched ones.

edit: I had tried dismissing my pet with the debuff and now called it, but the debuff was gone... but it also never worked with my devilsaur when I tried it. Still sometimes I had a devilsaur looking like this in his buffbar. The buffs said "5 days remaining" or something like that. It was several days and I had tried it out with dismissing and recalling the pet. Only a kill would remove the buffs.

edit 2: but I don't know how this would show up in stampede. Just read the first posts again and it said it worked with stampede as well. Maybe we'll see.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_122112_165444.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122112_165444.jpg (137.85 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
WoWScrnShot_122112_165448.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122112_165448.jpg (97.35 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Eddie bugged.JPG
Eddie bugged.JPG (26.4 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Last edited by Finduilas on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Interesting. This makes a lot more sense though.
I've never got it to work, myself before.

Siggy under construction!

zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

How about the grim totem spirit guide type of tame?
the use of an MC'd npc is whats causing me to have that train of thought
*shrug*
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

zyggie wrote:How about the grim totem spirit guide type of tame?
the use of an MC'd npc is whats causing me to have that train of thought
*shrug*
Wasn't that the kill at the last second method too? That got hotfixed, if I recall.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

No, the trick with the Grimtotem Spirit Guide was to tame them before they despawned. Most successful tames were done with a Pally or Shaman's buff. I tried to solo it by with drums of battle, but never succeeded. :(

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Yeah. I got my grimtotem by having a friend MC the mob and summon and then my Shammy friend use bloodlust. At the time there was a gem for the head that would give a chance to cut spell cast time, so I spammed my aspects to set it off to add that too.

I don't think that would work for this though...

Siggy under construction!

Dini

Unread post by Dini »

Last edited by Dini on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vulcorhunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Vulcorhunter »

So since its looking like a kill revive method of taming can we assume that its not possible to get the pet in the EU or US since all the trick tame methods were fixed?