Pet base movement speed

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Brano456

Pet base movement speed

Unread post by Brano456 »

Hi guys i want to ask you what is pet base movement speed and if its the same on the Vanilla,TBC,Wotlk,Cata,MOP
thx (my English is bad )
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Pet base movement speed

Unread post by Zhinru »

As far as I can tell, pet moves as fast as it needs to. When you walk, it walks with you. When you run, it runs with your speed just after you. When you're mounted, it can rocket behind you with a mounted speed. Granted, vehicles that give you flying speed and do not despawn your pet tend to finally lose it, but from observation, the pet can run at least up to 200% run speed, and matches your speed.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They move at 114% speed.
ImageImage
Brano456

Even on TBC?
+ i have another question does "aspect of the cheetah"(NOT PACK) effects pets movement speed?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think the pet moves only as fast as it needs to, cheetah or not.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They always move at 114% speed naturally, even underwater. Of course Dash will make them move faster for the time it last, and I think Boar's Speed only works when you send your pet to attack. Aspect of the Cheetah doesn't affect our pets at all. I'm curious though, why do you ask if their speed changes in different expansions? Do you mean it as right now in the different expansion zones, or what their speed was like during those expansions back in the days?
ImageImage
Brano456

I mean back in the days
Well if hunter have activated cheetah and pet is chasing someone is he going faster? than normally?
ImmaGoku
Realm: Borean Tundra (US)

Unread post by ImmaGoku »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:They move at 114% speed.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I have noticed that Pets will lag behind a mount when the player is in combat. So 'always at 114%' is only *out* of combat. Once in combat, unless they are Cunning, I believe they have similar speed to a player. Likely to keep pets from being super-fast against players in PVP.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kurasu wrote:I have noticed that Pets will lag behind a mount when the player is in combat. So 'always at 114%' is only *out* of combat. Once in combat, unless they are Cunning, I believe they have similar speed to a player. Likely to keep pets from being super-fast against players in PVP.
Cunning shouldn't make a difference at all, especially since ferocity pets have been The Spec for PvP this expansion.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:
Kurasu wrote:I have noticed that Pets will lag behind a mount when the player is in combat. So 'always at 114%' is only *out* of combat. Once in combat, unless they are Cunning, I believe they have similar speed to a player. Likely to keep pets from being super-fast against players in PVP.
Cunning shouldn't make a difference at all, especially since ferocity pets have been The Spec for PvP this expansion.
Cunning still have the +30% base movement speed, though, don't they? That's what I meant by 'unless they are cunning'. I might misremember; I haven't changed my pets to Cunning even once. Even when I PVP, I prefer Ferocity/Tenacity, depending.

*checks Petopia* Yep. Boar's Speed.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:They move at 114% speed.
If it is so, why are my pets right behind me while mounted on a +100% mount? That would give them at least 200% speed. Or did you mean it's their in combat limitation (as they do lag behind the mount then)?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kurasu wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Cunning still have the +30% base movement speed, though, don't they? That's what I meant by 'unless they are cunning'. I might misremember; I haven't changed my pets to Cunning even once. Even when I PVP, I prefer Ferocity/Tenacity, depending.

*checks Petopia* Yep. Boar's Speed.
Ah right, forgot about that - since, well, ferocity pets have been The Spec for PvP this expansion. ;) Good call! It's easy to forget with Blink Strike making up the difference.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Brano456 wrote:I mean back in the days
Well if hunter have activated cheetah and pet is chasing someone is he going faster? than normally?
I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but back in Vanilla pet speed was not standardized. So some pets, like Mazzranache, ran so slow they couldn't catch a player running at normal speed. Other pets, like the Alterac Valley wolves (I think... I forget), ran as fast as 255% speed and could catch players on epic mounts.

It got standardized either late Vanilla or early BC.