Froststorm Breath = Great Tank!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Froststorm Breath = Great Tank!

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

/cast [nochanneling:Froststorm Breath] Froststorm Breath
Edit: They changed the way the ability works, so it's no longer needed with "nochanneling", but unless nochanneling is added it won't activate Kill Command. (may also just be an issue with my macro setup sense Kill Command is kinda finicky)

NOTE: This can be a very energy-hungry ability. To best utilize this, you should probably disable Frost Breath and Thunderstomp.

The macro above can be added to whatever your normal pet macro is. Your chimera will let out a constant stream of breath (never visually stopping) as you spam your attacks. Your chimera will continue to use Kill Command, never interrupting the stream of breath. Not only does the Froststorm Breath deal more damage than it's regular Tenacity attacks, but it hits EVERYTHING within a 12 yard radius!

Specced as Cunning it's normal attacks deal roughly the same amount of damage as the Froststorm Breath, so that could also work. Ferocity, however, the Chimera deals more damage with regular attacks against single targets. I'd suggest Tenacity though because Thunderstomp would most likely hit any non-aggressive near it within the same distance, so there's no real collateral damage from spamming the Froststorm Breath.

Cornered: Not sure if the bonus damage buff effects Froststorm Breath.
Spiked Collar: The AoE tics aren't effected, but the Critical Hit chance may be.
Rabid: Visually, it's hard to tell if the tic speed increases, so I'm not certain.
Stampede: Unfortunately, Froststorm Breath does not work while summoned through Stampeding.