Some help for a newer hunter...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kannon18
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Some help for a newer hunter...

Unread post by Kannon18 »

Good afternoon all,

I'm relatively new to the hunter class. I've been an off and on player since WotLK but it wasn't until I started a hunter that I became hooked on WoW. Hunting for pet's has been one of the funnest things I've done in the game. I've had very good luck while hunting. I've recently gotten all the spirit beasts other than the Northrend beasts. I decided I wanted to try my hand at Arcturis, so last night I began my camp. I met a couple of really nice hunters during my 7 hour camp until about 30 minutes before he spawned another Ally hunter landed next to me (I'm Ally as well) and we began to chat. A couple minutes into the chat he says, "so are we in agreement that the bear is fair game?". I said that i would prefer not considering i had just spent my entire evening camping. 10 minutes later he appears. I get the tag and begin my tame. I'm so excited until half way through the other hunter kills him. I was so disappointed. My question is this, is there any type of hunter ethic or code? And second, what is my best way to go about searching for him again?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Some help for a newer hunter...

Unread post by Kalliope »

Welcome to the forums, Kannon!

Unfortunately, while some (most, I hope) hunters stick to an ethical code when it comes to taming rares, not all of them do. Since Arcturis only has the one spawn location, you already know the best way of finding him. :/ I'd recommend checking his spawn around 10-12h after he was killed, since you know he'll pop up around then. If that doesn't work, camp in the late hours of the night/morning or whenever your CRZ is mostly empty. Sadly, Arcturis's hill always has people there when I pass by, so the odds of you finding him without competition are slim to none. Hopefully, you'll be more lucky about who's there beside you next time!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kannon18

Thanks for the advice Kalli. I supposed I'll have to keep at it! Luckily last weekend, while farming, I came across Ban'thalos and Karma into he matter of an hour. I was very excited. So I'll just keep being patient!
Kalliope

Best of luck! As long as you're patient, you know you'll eventually succeed in taming him. The hardest part is being there when he spawns in the first place. :)

YouTube Edition

Kannon18

Kalli!!!

Update. 4:52pm. Arcturis tamed!!!

Patience. It's a virtue.
Kalliope

Grats! :D He's a smart ol' bear - he knows who to show up for. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats Kannon and welcome to the forums! As Kalli said, most do stick to an ethical code but not all do. Usually communication is key.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Glad to hear you got your glowbear! :)

There is indeed an 'ethic code' that most hunters stick to, as Kalli said. However, just like with everything else in life, there will always be some who simply like to cause problems for everyone else. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I've been playing as a hunter since pre-BC, and like you, I absolutely love pet hunting. I've ran into some real jerks, but I've also encountered some people who are just awesome... and they make up for the rude ones.

Good luck on all of your future hunts, and welcome to the forums! :D

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Apaché
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Apaché »

Personally, on my server, I usually hunt at the 7:00 hour. This is because many beasts are instantly tamed, and seem to have a set spawn. It's been a pattern since early bc, and seems to continue.... Dunno, maybe just a huge coincidence :P
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I'm glad you got your bear Kannon- congrats, and welcome! Unfortunately a lot of hunters don't believe in the ethical code of letting someone else who got the tag/tame finish their tame. Some even sit and camp just to kill other hunter's pets because they want their pets to be "more rare" if they already have that particular beast.

I'm glad you were able to get it, and I'm sorry that you had to experience one of those people! Never fun.

Welcome again, to the forums. This is a GREAT community. :)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Welcome :) and congratulations on your bear spirit!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)