The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I am still enjoying this emote in fact I make sure it is on every time I log one of my hunters just to see what my pets do but I have a question I am running around on my newest hunter and was wondering is there any way we can add our own emotes to the list? I have Lamepaw and called named him after my dog of 12 years Buffy and think it would be cool if she could do some rather personal ones since she was my own dog. Please if not now in a future release allow us to do this and thank you.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think there is a way but I forget how off the top of my head.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Right now the only way to permanently add personal emotes is to have a copy of the PetEmote Editor, or else take the more tedious route of adding them to the LUA file manually. You can. however, force your pet to perform custom emotes in-game by typing /pe [message] the same way you would emote with your character.

I do enjoy seeing others add their own personal emotes; it gives the pets even more personality. I'll talk to Teigan, the previous author, to see if she knows if anything can be done :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

guadalupegill

Unread post by guadalupegill »

I'm just glad it's back, and congratulations for getting this wonderful job.

hier
Last edited by guadalupegill on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

guadalupegill wrote:I'm just glad it's back, and congratulations for getting this wonderful job!
It's great to see so many people still enjoying the addon :) Thank you!
Varethyn wrote:Right now the only way to permanently add personal emotes is to have a copy of the PetEmote Editor, or else take the more tedious route of adding them to the LUA file manually. You can. however, force your pet to perform custom emotes in-game by typing /pe [message] the same way you would emote with your character.

I do enjoy seeing others add their own personal emotes; it gives the pets even more personality. I'll talk to Teigan, the previous author, to see if she knows if anything can be done :)
As expected, unless you have a copy of the editor you cannot add custom emotes to the emote pool. You can still perform pet emotes with /pe [message] but that is all. I am sorry for that :(

In regards to the "worry" business. First of all I want to apologise for my confusion for the whole affair. Now that I'm home I have less distractions and thus can focus on what is being discussed. Now that I've had time to properly read through the emote in question I have gone ahead and made a few changes:
Dogs no longer worry bones to pieces, and gnaw on them contentedly instead.
Felhunters and wolves will now catch unwary critters and either messily worry them to pieces, play with them before eating them, or lose their prize.

I hope this decision will be to you guys' liking :)

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

*high fives* Varethyn. Now THAT I like! Alot! My wolves have been waiting to do more than howl and "pad around" And my orc has, oh...8 wolves XD It reminds me of Uda the Beast (we all remember that scantily clad, angry innkeeper in Dalaran, right?) "Do not fight. Or I will feed you to my wolves."
Last edited by Kintsugi on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Oh yes, I remember Uda well. I was particularly pleased to see her become the Horde's innkeeper over on Isle of Thunder. I'm glad you like it Kintsu :D

As usual, if any of you see something wrong and would like something to be added (something you thought of or purely as a request for me to add something new) or changed do let me know! I am planning on looking over some of the families that have fewer emotes to see if I can bolster their pools a bit. If there's a particular family or so you'd like me to look at, poke me :)

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Varethyn wrote:Oh yes, I remember Uda well. I was particularly pleased to see her become the Horde's innkeeper over on Isle of Thunder. I'm glad you like it Kintsu :D

As usual, if any of you see something wrong and would like something to be added (something you thought of or purely as a request for me to add something new) or changed do let me know! I am planning on looking over some of the families that have fewer emotes to see if I can bolster their pools a bit. If there's a particular family or so you'd like me to look at, poke me :)
Wolves please, dear writer? :hug:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Very good compromise, Vare! ^^ And you were fine. We understand RL comes first and it was a civil discussion.

Wolves could use some more emotes, definitely.

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

One emote that I've seen hyenas make that I've not seen the wolves make is something along the lines of the hyena whooping and listening for response back and it either gets one or nothing. I'd love to see a howl emote like that for wolves since they're very social and packs have been know to communicate like that with either other pack members or unknowns.

I'm more than willing to help write emotes or throw out ideas if you need them

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

zedxrgal wrote:I'm more than willing to help write emotes or throw out ideas if you need them
Varethyn wrote:As usual, if any of you see something wrong and would like something to be added (something you thought of or purely as a request for me to add something new) or changed do let me know!
Feel free to suggest anything you'd like to see added :) It might get tweaked but I appreciate all contribution.

Okay, things I've done so far (I have no life):

Wolf sniffs
- the air/the ground/around/nearby objects, scenting prey/checking for other wolves

Wolf digs
- at the ground
-- looking for easy prey
-- in a bored manner
- at a hole in the ground. Anyone home?

Wolf leaps gracefully into the air
- in a playful manner
- and twists around before landing neatly on his/her paws
- and twists around but lands awkwardly on his/her side
- and snaps at a butterfly/low-flying bird/feather/insect/leaf

Wolf flicks an ear
- inquisitively
- as he/she listens to something in the distance
- to catch any interesting sounds

Wolf snuffles at a nearby bush, checking for berries

Wolf shakes out his/her fur

Wolf drops to the ground and stalks a rodent/lizard/frog/rabbit
- and catches it successfully
- but misses
-- by a hair
-- by miles

Wolf lets out
- a long, low howl. I found food!
- a high, vibrating howl. Time to hunt!
- a howl of joy, celebrating life. Nearby wolves join in the song
- a confused howl when he/she hears an odd sound

Wolf catches the scent of another wolf pack
- and howls in greeting. The other pack howls in reply
- and howls in greeting. But the other pack remains silent
- and barks a quiet warning. Friend or foe?
- but stays warily silent

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh I like those, Vare!

LisaaraPokefarm

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I love those! My wolves love them more!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Glad you approve guys!
Will that do for wolves or would you like more? Any other families you'd like me to look at? :)

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'm really enjoying the new wolf emotes. I was showing my MRP stuff to a friend (new-ish to RP, just got the addon and wanted to make sure I was doing the writing ok, ya know?) and my wolf started stalking a rabbit...and missed. We laughed. I swear the wolf was embarrassed. LOVE it!

If you want to do more, I personally would be thrilled, because I use wolves alot. But there are many families that need your love, plus I'm sure there's general maintenance, so I don't want to be all "moar for wolves!!" :lol:

Oh...one thing I guess. I really like alot of the sporebat emotes, but the spore-showers kinda are...sticky. Anyone else not wild about getting showered with spores?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I do if he's sneezing or if he's showering me with affection. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Are any of these new emotes in game yet? I keep seeing the same ones again and again also have the latest version I like what was written here and know all my wolves will too every one of them.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Varethyn, do you have some kind of list with all the emotes for all the families? I'd love to translate them and maybe you could put them in the German files? The German version still has the few old emotes for the old pet families and I'd like to make this addon great for all the German users again.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

@Cubsfan: I've only yet put the new wolf ones in and am still in the process of researching ideas for other families (sporebats are a pain!), though it's been slow due to a myriad of real life issues. If you're not seeing them either you've simply been unlucky and they haven't yet shown up or you need to download the zip file in the first post of this thread and move the custom emotes files into the PetEmote addon folder. Remember that updating the core addon removes the custom emotes so you'll need to replace those files each time. Let me know if that still doesn't work; there have been a few odd times where the files I attached weren't up-to-date.

@Findu: I don't have a list outside of the Editor itself, but I can work on compiling the emotes into lists for you. It'd be nice for the German community to enjoy the new ones as well :) It'll take time but I'll PM them to you as I go if that's okay.

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

That would be totally awesome! Take your time - RL always comes first. If it's easier for you to email them just send me a pm and I'll give you my email adress.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables