The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Greylight
Realm: US - Blade's Edge (Ally), Thunderhorn (Horde)

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Greylight »

The newest emotes are great. Good job on them. Having just one small issue, my ghost wolf Wraith keeps snuffling in bushes looking for berries. I've spoken with him about his identity crisis he seems to be having to no avail. When you have a chance could you maybe do a fix to help me remind him he is not actually a bear?
Greylight, Worgen Hunter - Blood Reign (US-Blade's Edge)
Longshank, Highmountain Tauren Hunter - Core (US-Thunderhorn)
Wagwan, Troll Hunter - Core (US-Thunderhorn)
Stixxs, Forsaken Hunter - Memento Mori (US-The Forgotten Coast)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ack, did not mean to leave it so long to respond to this thread x_x RL crisis and general forgetfulness got in the way. Sorry! Again!

Re: Other languages - If you guys looking for the addon to come in additional languages I'll send you a list once I've finished writing up all the new family emotes and fixing current ones. Be sure to poke/PM me if you're willing to write them out in your language of choice. I'll need to poke the brother to see if he can get it to all work smoothly.

Re: Wolf/bear confusion - Wolves do actually eat berries irl :) But if it bothers you guys too much I'll remove or rewrite it for you.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Apologies as this may be a very old bug that has been fixed, but my Voidlord (the updated voidwalker minion) seems to think he's a Ghoul. Am I perhaps using an out of date version of Pet Emote?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Apologies as this may be a very old bug that has been fixed, but my Voidlord (the updated voidwalker minion) seems to think he's a Ghoul. Am I perhaps using an out of date version of Pet Emote?
Mine still does it. I don't think its been fixed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Yeah the "voidghoul" is a bug that we've never been able to fix. It's saved somewhere in the code but my brother can't find anything like it, and it sure isn't in the Editor. I really don't know what to do about it :(

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Huh! Okay, I was just curious!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

panpanpandy
Realm: Nazgrel/Nesingwary/Vek'nilash

Unread post by panpanpandy »

/scoots in

Hi! New here, though I've been playing my hunter for a couple of months and using the addon sporadically in that timeframe and I love it. Just redownloaded it, actually!

I did so with the intention of creating custom emotes for my pets, but it looks like I need the editor for that, and I... can't seem to find that. I was just wondering if there was some way I could get it? Both my hunter and my mage, the main reasons I want to make custom emotes, are WoW versions of existing characters elsewhere (Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale + Khoshekh as his pet, Elsa from Frozen + Marshmallow as her Elemental though I can't name him) and I just feel like adding a little something special to them.

Aaah, sorry if this is too forward!! ;A; Thank you for your time................
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Should we perhaps prepare stag emotes? Since they are confirmed, we could save time by thinking of some now and then you've only got to add them in later. Then again, I've no idea how hard making these emotes actually is. The most complicated I go with computers is 'turn it off and then turn it back on again'. If that doesn't work, I unplug everything and plug it back in again. If not...I don't turn it on for a few days :lol:

[insert pet name here] bellows out a challenge, ears flicking as he hears a returning roar.
[insert pet name here] bellows out a challenge, seeming satisfied when nothing answers back.
[insert pet name here] snorts, ruffling his mistresses hair.
[insert pet name here]'s ears flick, as if he's heard something you can't detect. (The wording needs improvement on this one. I can't think of the correct word I'd like instead of flick)
[insert pet name here] lowers his head and roars, jutting his horns forward in a threatening manner.
[insert pet name here] takes up a defensive position in front of his mistress.
[insert pet name here] rests his head on his mistress's shoulder, grunting at her.
[insert pet name here] nuzzles his mistress affectionally.
[insert pet name here] begins to graze, occasionally looking around for danger.
[insert pet name here] sniffs the air, shaking his head as he catches the scent of a predator nearby.
[insert pet name here] rubs his horns against a nearby tree.

There are some more I can think of, but I'll leave it at this for now. Some need rewording, in case of a master instead of a mistress. I've also only referred to the stag as a "he" because...stags are he's, aren't they? Then again we've got the talbuks to think about. So that'll need adjusting. I think once I started, quite a few came into my head, more than I intended :)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

panpanpandy wrote:/scoots in

Hi! New here, though I've been playing my hunter for a couple of months and using the addon sporadically in that timeframe and I love it. Just redownloaded it, actually!

I did so with the intention of creating custom emotes for my pets, but it looks like I need the editor for that, and I... can't seem to find that. I was just wondering if there was some way I could get it? Both my hunter and my mage, the main reasons I want to make custom emotes, are WoW versions of existing characters elsewhere (Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale + Khoshekh as his pet, Elsa from Frozen + Marshmallow as her Elemental though I can't name him) and I just feel like adding a little something special to them.

Aaah, sorry if this is too forward!! ;A; Thank you for your time................
First up, welcome to the Petopia forums! It's great seeing new people about :)
Second, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the addon :D I hope I can keep it active and interesting for you guys~

The Editor is something I've been thinking about. As far as I know only myself and the original author of the addon have copies of it, though I don't see why it shouldn't be made public again. The main reason that hasn't happened is... I'm not quite sure of the best way to go about it ^_^; Suggestions welcome! Custom emotes are some of the best as they help you connect better with your pets and give them even more personality. The biggest issue though is that any new updates to the addon will clear all custom-made ones so you'd have to re-write them.
Kayro wrote:Should we perhaps prepare stag emotes? Since they are confirmed, we could save time by thinking of some now and then you've only got to add them in later. Then again, I've no idea how hard making these emotes actually is. The most complicated I go with computers is 'turn it off and then turn it back on again'. If that doesn't work, I unplug everything and plug it back in again. If not...I don't turn it on for a few days :lol:

[insert pet name here] bellows out a challenge, ears flicking as he hears a returning roar.
[insert pet name here] bellows out a challenge, seeming satisfied when nothing answers back.
[insert pet name here] snorts, ruffling his mistresses hair.
[insert pet name here]'s ears flick, as if he's heard something you can't detect. (The wording needs improvement on this one. I can't think of the correct word I'd like instead of flick)
[insert pet name here] lowers his head and roars, jutting his horns forward in a threatening manner.
[insert pet name here] takes up a defensive position in front of his mistress.
[insert pet name here] rests his head on his mistress's shoulder, grunting at her.
[insert pet name here] nuzzles his mistress affectionally.
[insert pet name here] begins to graze, occasionally looking around for danger.
[insert pet name here] sniffs the air, shaking his head as he catches the scent of a predator nearby.
[insert pet name here] rubs his horns against a nearby tree.

There are some more I can think of, but I'll leave it at this for now. Some need rewording, in case of a master instead of a mistress. I've also only referred to the stag as a "he" because...stags are he's, aren't they? Then again we've got the talbuks to think about. So that'll need adjusting. I think once I started, quite a few came into my head, more than I intended :)
Yes! New families mean new emotes (remind me to rename "rhino" to "clefthoof"...). Thanks a ton for the suggestions so far! Any and all are welcome and I'm always accepting new ideas for all families :D
I'll probably still go ahead and make male and female variants however despite them being named "stags" and stags being the male of the species typically. After all this is a fantasy world with weird and wonderful creatures - I don't see why "stag" shouldn't just be a name for the family as a whole :)

panpanpandy
Realm: Nazgrel/Nesingwary/Vek'nilash

Unread post by panpanpandy »

Ahh thank you for answering me!! I was thinking it might be possible to put it in a zip file and have it available in this thread? Or, possibly, as a part of the addon download -- i originally went to the folder to see if there was one there!

I'm not really sure of the mechanics behind the editor, actually ^^' but if there was some way to export and save your custom emotes, it might be a simple matter of importing that file back in after an update? I'm not very good with programming, so I'm not sure if that would be possible, just!! throwing out some ideas!!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Riverbeasts and Stags!

And now for some in-progress emotes now that my brain's in gear as well as a sneak-peek at how the Editor works. It's a little wordy :)

Riverbeast Emotes
ImageImageImageImageImage

Stag Emotes
ImageImageImage

Let me know what you guys think! After some consideration I added female options to the stags to keep things simple, and so people can live their dreams by having female deer that have antlers. I'm at a loss with some of the stag emotes though; stags, gazelle and talbuks will all fall under the "Stag" family but each either have antlers or horns, and since they're not the same thing I wasn't sure where to go with the current emotes that feature antlers. I'd love some input on that along with any other ideas you may think of or typos/other issues you may spot.

Hopefully I've also been able to fix the "voidghoul" bug by deleting and rewriting the voidlord entry. Keep me updated!

Additionally, along with the updated custom emotes file, I've experimentally attached a zip with the PetEmote Editor to the first post. Be aware that you will need Microsoft .NET Framework for it to work. Assuming the download works to begin with.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I love them! They look great!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I see some of the ones of thought of in the stag section ^_^

All these fancy emotes are urging my to download it...when I get a computer that actually loads google chrome, I'll get it. Poncho gonna have to nimble on some berries from time to time :lol:
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

A new update for PetEmote is now available for download! :)

As usual, if you encounter anything peculiar or have ideas let me know!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

*races off to curse to download*

YOU GUY ARE AMAZING!! :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Whoops, found two mistakes already. Female stags always saw their hunter as female and an emote I'd meant to delete wormed its way back in. A temporary fix is available in the first post while I sling things at my brother to update the core again :oops:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Ok re adding all my add ons finally and got a question about this one I have the core installed and the two on front page downloaded I installed custom emotes and the editor put the custom in my pet emote folder but am wondering what do I do with the editor does it just go in my add on folder or in the pet emote?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Iowawolf wrote:Ok re adding all my add ons finally and got a question about this one I have the core installed and the two on front page downloaded I installed custom emotes and the editor put the custom in my pet emote folder but am wondering what do I do with the editor does it just go in my add on folder or in the pet emote?
Erp not sure how I missed this, sorry.

The PetEmote Editor is its own program and does not need to be in the addons folder at all, so you can have it anywhere on your computer :) The custom emotes file should automatically save into the PetEmote folder so you don't need to move anything at all.

I feel the need to remind people to be careful when using the Editor to make personal emotes though - If ever you install an update either of the core or my personal custom emotes yours will be overwritten and will need to be rewritten. This is the biggest reason I hadn't made it available until recently (along with being a massive derp and not being sure how to upload it in general, go me). So be careful and be prepared to rewrite emotes if the addon needs updating! Also, it has no spell check so make sure everything is spelled properly before adding an emote in.

If anyone has any questions about how the Editor program works just poke me :) And as always, let me know of any mistakes I've made and I'm always open to suggestions for core emotes!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Is everyone enjoying the current emotes and the Editor? :) Do share some of your ideas and personal tricks and memories!

Also, having finally tamed my own thunder hydra I feel hydra emotes could use some polishing. Anyone agree?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Admittedly I have not downloaded the new version of PetEmote because I have an irrational fear of it not working (since it used to not if you used a newer version over the old version I have). :lol: I really ought to update it.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]