The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

It works for me and it wasn't an alpha I installed since I don't have that setting marked off. /shrug

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Yes but you're using the client. If the latest version on the Curse page is old that is the version new users will get when they search for it. Also, the people who prefer to update manually and not have an intrusive "client" will not see any updates. That's why the page needs to be up to date. Apparently it isn't.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I've been hounding my brother to put up an update for some time, though I've been lax in checking for updates myself as my WoW account is currently frozen. It looks like he's yet to do anything about it and has now gone to live with his girlfriend for a week and won't be able to do anything regarding the addon until he gets back. I'm as annoyed with this as you guys probably are. I'll be sure to get him back on track when he gets back. Really sorry about this :(

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The client isn't intrusive. You can set it up so it doesn't start up automatically and when you close it, it shuts down completely. It doesn't take anything personal. All it does is look at your addons(which are not personal), and checks to see if an update has been made. If so, you have the option to download the update. There's a large difference between intrusion and having convenient options. ;) Calling it an intrusion makes it sound like those who use it support hackers or something.

So...in short....if you have the curse client, it's updated since 5.4. If you don't, you're probably out of luck for now.

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The thing is. For those of us who don't use the client shouldn't have to be "out of luck". I personally do not like the curse client and prefer to manually install everything. What's on curse should be current for everyone not just those who use the client. Not sure why they'd be different or one up to date and the other isn't.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

zedxrgal wrote:The thing is. For those of us who don't use the client shouldn't have to be "out of luck". I personally do not like the curse client and prefer to manually install everything. What's on curse should be current for everyone not just those who use the client. Not sure why they'd be different or one up to date and the other isn't.
Oh I wasn't meaning that it should be that way. It's just what it is currently for some strange reason. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

A new update has finally been pushed on Curse! Rejoice!

The core however wasn't fully updated, so don't forget the Custom Emotes file in the first post. This hasn't been updated to integrate all current emotes yet because my brother the coder has noticed a possible need to rewrite and otherwise clean up the coding. This is a big project and my take some time. Apologies for that :)

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

Nice addon :) I like what you are doing with it and it sounds like you've done alot of work. So, I hate to complain...but...my monkey and gorilla are doing some strange things. It seems this was mentioned before for the gorilla, but the monkey does it too. Suffice to say they seem to have psychotic breaks when under battle stress. >.<
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Kintsugi wrote:Nice addon :) I like what you are doing with it and it sounds like you've done alot of work. So, I hate to complain...but...my monkey and gorilla are doing some strange things. It seems this was mentioned before for the gorilla, but the monkey does it too. Suffice to say they seem to have psychotic breaks when under battle stress. >.<
Thanks! I can't take all the credit for it though. It was originally written by Jorna and Teigan but both sadly had reasons to stop and I was elected to carry it on with the coding assistance of my own brother :) And a lot of the emotes were suggested by people here on Petopia, giving it its alternate title of "That Petopia Addon" :lol:

The issue with gorillas making strange, out of character emotes is well known but sadly right now unexplained. Ghouls and voidwalkers share this anomaly. We thought we had fixed it some time back, but it appears to be a more internal error (the emotes they perform are not present in the editor). However my brother determined that the core needs a rewrite at some point. Being a huge project that will be a while before it is implemented but with any luck doing so might fix our more estranged pets' (and minions') behaviour :)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've found a typo with the water elemental. :O

secrectly = secretly
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120613_215246.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120613_215246.jpg (251.71 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

LisaaraPokefarm

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Cheers Jun! It has now been fixed, along with another typo I spotted there. Emotes in the first post have been updated to accommodate these changes :)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

w00t! Thank you! ^^

LisaaraPokefarm

justindonovan

Unread post by justindonovan »

great! Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Tripp NYC Toxic Avenger
Last edited by justindonovan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

N'aaw ^_^ Glad you're enjoying it! The Petopia team, the previous authors and I thank you too :D

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I think I found a missing word in one of the voidwalker's emotes.
Mine did the emote "Daxirax pulsates with a faint, indigo light, stares into mistress's soul and nods in acceptance" Isn't there a "his" or "its" missing? I'm no native speaker of English so I'm not sure.
I'm also not sure if I have the latest version since my direhorns make no emotes. Where would I be able to get it?

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Good catch Findu! It has now been fixed. Daxirax (fun name by the way!) should now look into its mistress' soul as intended. As usual the folder with the updated files is in my first post.

Not sure about the direhorn emotes - my computer does have a tendency to eat them from time to time but they were still there while I was fixing this typo. Hopefully downloading the new files will help.

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Curse Client wants me to do something, but I don't know what. See attached screen cap. Is anyone else getting this? What does it mean?
When I got the addon originally, this didn't come up. It just recently appeared. I'm afraid to click accept, because I don't know what that will do.

Also, does anyone else get constant "PetEmote has been blocked from blahblahblah" when you open like your talent or profession tabs? And it asks you if you want to ignore it, or disable the addon?

Attachments
pet emote.png
pet emote.png (68.4 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

By that message it seems Curse Client has detected that you use PetEmote and that it is available on Curse. It is simply asking if you'd like it to add PetEmote to your Client so it can notify you of updates for the core addon (custom emotes will only be available here, you'll want to redownload the file in the first post whenever the core updates). I'm afraid I can't say why it's only now that it's asking, but if you don't already have it as a match it should be fine to accept. Let me know if you have any issues if you do - I'll notify the coder about it.

As for it being blocked in-game. This is an issue with code strings I believe, which end up interfering with strings from other addons causing them to trip over each other if loaded in a bad order (can't be helped). It happens with a lot of addons, annoyingly. A quick /reloadui should fix it.

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hm, the funny thing is that I got the addon from Curse originally....so...you'd think it would know that.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah the blocked thing isn't just PetEmote. It's all addons.

LisaaraPokefarm