The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Falcon »

I updated PetEmote and the dire horn emotes are working pretty well, but I'll keep an eye out for mistakes and the like and report back here if I find anything that needs addressing. :)

Wykea, thank you so much for the compliment! I'm so happy people like my emotes so much, it inspires me to come back and keep contributing to the project as much as I can.

Edit: Looking at the list on the first page, I noticed that the serpent family is absent completely.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Thank you very much for the Direhorn addition. :D
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Falconcrest wrote:I updated PetEmote and the dire horn emotes are working pretty well, but I'll keep an eye out for mistakes and the like and report back here if I find anything that needs addressing. :)

Wykea, thank you so much for the compliment! I'm so happy people like my emotes so much, it inspires me to come back and keep contributing to the project as much as I can.

Edit: Looking at the list on the first page, I noticed that the serpent family is absent completely.
I received word about that a few times ever since the update to eliminate the phantom emotes. The old serpent emotes are part of the core thankfully so they'll still work in-game, but somehow they got removed from the custom stuff. If worst comes to worst I'll rewrite them all, since I have some new ones to add in :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I saved my last set of customs before downloading the current version, if you need an older version. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Varethyn wrote:I received word about that a few times ever since the update to eliminate the phantom emotes. The old serpent emotes are part of the core thankfully so they'll still work in-game, but somehow they got removed from the custom stuff. If worst comes to worst I'll rewrite them all, since I have some new ones to add in :)
I remember reading about that before, sorry, sorry! I don't know why I didn't remember it when I made my earlier post. Also, I've already found an emote that's broken, it's your feeding emote. When it came up for Amaranth earlier when I had her out, all that came up was 'Amaranth hooks a horn under her mistress'.' and then it cut off, just wanted to let you know about it, and I'll report back with any more bugs I happen to find with these.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

No worries!
D'oh, I'll get that fixed :oops:

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

It came up for me again just now, and it was working correctly, but looking into it is still a good idea, just incase it breaks again.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Initial dire horn testing indicates that Tiresias likes to GOGOGO and gets VERY BORED when we're not. :lol: Really adorable thus far!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Falcon: I'd forgotten to force continuation for that particular string in the emote, so sometimes it would stop where you noticed it. I have updated the custom emotes again so that is now fixed, along with a few similar errors and some more emotes borrowed from other families. I have also recovered the serpent emotes and added yours with them :)

Kalli: Glad you like them so far! :D

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Varethyn wrote:Falcon: I'd forgotten to force continuation for that particular string in the emote, so sometimes it would stop where you noticed it. I have updated the custom emotes again so that is now fixed, along with a few similar errors and some more emotes borrowed from other families. I have also recovered the serpent emotes and added yours with them :)

Kalli: Glad you like them so far! :D
Spiffy, thank you! I just now applied the update, so I'll bring Hel (my red arcane serpent) out and let you know how the emotes are working for that family. And the family is still missing from the list on the first post, just letting you know. As for the dire horn emote, sometimes it would work, sometimes it would break, I'm glad it's fixed now.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

It only now clicked what you meant... *Hangs head in shame.* T'is fixed now xD

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

:(
My direhorns is still not working...I dont know if I did to wrong or not : /
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Not to sounds obvious but did you download the attachment in the first post and copy/paste the files correctly? As far as I can tell the emotes are working well for everyone else.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Uploaded a new attachment file for another broken emote string, plus made the "flicks his/her tail threateningly" occur only with an unfriendly target. It seemed too aggressive otherwise :)

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Varethyn wrote:Not to sounds obvious but did you download the attachment in the first post and copy/paste the files correctly? As far as I can tell the emotes are working well for everyone else.
I think I did. I put it into the petemotes file unzipped....I might be doing it wrong :( Not so great at this kind of stuff.

((My husband helped me...I missed replaceing one of the files with the new one and that is why it was not working for me :oops: But, thank you! So happy to have my BabyMak emoteing like the rest of my happy crew))
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Good to know it's all working well for you now :)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Are the Voidlord's supposed to have emotes like the ghouls? Mine apparently likes to roar and eat brains and shout.....I remember mine being very....quiet....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

This is random, but thank you so much for the improved imp emotes. The old ones made me angry, I hated how annoying the imps were. The new ones are just adorable. <3

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Junrei wrote:Are the Voidlord's supposed to have emotes like the ghouls? Mine apparently likes to roar and eat brains and shout.....I remember mine being very....quiet....
It's already been mentioned several times (mostly in the old thread) that it was an unintended bug and that even though they don't have those kind of emotes in their files (Teigan showed a screenshot of them not being there), they and gorillas were spouting out random ghoul emotes. I ended up working them into my voidlords personality. xD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

LupisDarkmoon wrote:This is random, but thank you so much for the improved imp emotes. The old ones made me angry, I hated how annoying the imps were. The new ones are just adorable. <3
You can thank Teigan for that. The imps, among a few others, were changed a while ago :)
Junrei wrote:Are the Voidlord's supposed to have emotes like the ghouls? Mine apparently likes to roar and eat brains and shout.....I remember mine being very....quiet....
They're not. As Tyger said it's an anomaly in the core addon data in that they only exist there and refuse to be overwritten with the new custom stuff. Problem is I could have sworn my brother fixed it... Oh well, back to the drawing board with that one. In the meantime, enjoy your brain-craving gorillas and nether demons? xD