The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Abominable Emotes!

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh my gosh, yay! Goopy and Rotty and all the other abomination spawns will love it. <3 Thanks for the update!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Esquirua
Realm: Barthilas

Unread post by Esquirua »

so I think I may have found a way to have it trigger fairly reliably, using /etrace I found the API/LUA the event called is "CHAT_MSG_PET_INFO" argument is arg 1: "your pet begins eating <food name>."

I was also able to make a weak aura that triggers when Feed Pet heals/overheals. it's probably no help to you two but I took the trigger conditions from that WA in an LUA string

Code: Select all

["spellId"] = "6991",
        ["duration"] = "3",
        ["unit"] = "player",
        ["debuffType"] = "HELPFUL",
        ["type"] = "event",
        ["subeventSuffix"] = "_HEAL",
        ["spellName"] = "Feed Pet",
        ["event"] = "Combat Log",
        ["unevent"] = "timed",
        ["use_spellName"] = true,
        ["use_spellId"] = false,
        ["spellIds"] = {
        },
        ["use_sourceUnit"] = false,
        ["subeventPrefix"] = "SPELL",
        ["name"] = "Feed Pet",
        ["sourceUnit"] = "player",
        ["names"] = {
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but just happened to me so thought I would share on how I fixed it.

While ago my Curse client did some weird update to the pet emote and at the time didn't think much of it cause it was working for my pets until I logged my Horde 100 hunter and went through my pets checking their sex and what the spec was since been awhile I was on her. Seemed to be going fine until I summoned my kodo upon where nothing was being shown no matter how many times I did the random still nothing.

So I came here and redownloaded the add ons yes both of them from here not the curse site I unzipped them and with my add on folder open I readded them all into the folder checking each was updated then closing those I logged back in game checking they were enabled before entering Azeroth. Upon entering the world checked my key binds making sure all was well and while doing so my kodo did an emote.

So if for any reason your emotes no longer work come here and redownload the add ons making sure to put them on the desktop for easy access then readd them into the add on folder once it is updated you should now see them work.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

That's because those aren't addons on the first post but a file of custom emotes and the program that lets you make your own. The actual addon hasn't been updated to contain the new emotes yet which is why your kodo wasn't emoting to you. My brother, EthanCentaurai, is the one who looks after the addon proper but between a full-time job and supporting several other addons as well he simply hasn't had the time to get around to everything. What probably happened was that the addon was updated which, as I've warned several times throughout the thread, overwrites the current custom emotes and making it so you need to replace them. That's why I leave a custom emote file on the first post - so they can be manually added back in until they get baked into the addon.

Sorry for the confusion.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Gypsyrose
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Gypsyrose »

Does anyone have a copy of the PetEmote editor? I really want to fix it so my spirit moose doesn't do spirit beast emotes as they seem a bit weird for a moose.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hey Gypsy! There's a folder containing the Editor at the bottom of the first post along with the custom emotes :)

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Gypsyrose
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Gypsyrose »

Thanks so much Varetyn
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

I've been playing a hunter for ten years and I only just found this addon! It seems awesome, and it's mostly working for me, including some edits I made in the editor, but I'm having a small problem: sometimes the emote that comes out is the text from two separate ones combined, and I don't know how to fix it. It always seems to combine one emote that has subnodes (including one of the subnodes in the expressed emote) and one that doesn't. Sometimes the one that doesn't is first, sometimes not. It was just doing sequential ones that fit those conditions, but then just now it combined two that had several others between them in the editor, so I have no clue what the problem is.
Ink Dragon
Realm: icecrown, wyrmrest accord

Unread post by Ink Dragon »

not sure if this has been requested yet, but with the addition of mechanical pets can we get a third neutral gender option.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Feathery Phrases!

Ink Dragon wrote:not sure if this has been requested yet, but with the addition of mechanical pets can we get a third neutral gender option.
First off, I have no idea how I missed this and I apologise. Feel free to PM me if something needs my attention and I've yet to reply. In regards to this however, sadly I cannot add a neutral gender without a rewrite of the Editor program which I have no clue how to do. If in future I can find someone to help with it then it is a possibility.

Now the main article of this post: Feathermanes! They are coming very soon now (hopefully) and it's about time I got something out for them. It was a little tricky to do since the pets in this family don't all share similar features (owlcats don't have wings, wolfhawks and wyverns don't have beaks etc) but I think I have a good few things for them. As always if you guys have suggestions or spot something amiss in my current emotes then please let me know!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

somnomania

Oh man, those all look awesome! I'm still without an answer for the problem I was having, though; that it was combining emotes for me, to the point that I disabled the mod because it looked so bad. It didn't seem to have any real pattern to how it combined things, either.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thank you! And meep sorry about that. However unfortunately there's not much I can do in regards to that, as the addon pulls randomly from all available emotes. There is an option to set emotes as the first, second or last in a chain but that'd mean going through each and every one and deciding where best it sits. And even then I can't guarantee that the chains produced will make sense. You guys are more than welcome to suggest which emotes could have more or less prio, or if some should show up less.

somnomania

I fussed around in the editor and assigned first/second/third call to everything, and it seems to be behaving for now. However, I was getting the targeted emotes when I had no target sometimes, and when I attempted to fix that in the editor, found that I can only have one condition on an emote at a time, which I don't think is how it used to be, I can't remember. So it can either be the second call, or it can be when I have something targeted, but not both. Am I missing something?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

No you're not missing anything. For as long as the Editor has been available there has only ever been the capability of adding one condition to an emote or part of the emote string if there are multiple additions that could be pulled from. I'm glad to hear adding the call conditions helps your issue however. Would you like me to add it to the main addon for when the core is updated? Mostly because of the next part of this post:

Custom emotes for feathermanes have been added to the first post! But as always, if you have any custom emotes of your own make sure to write them down and be prepared to re-add them as adding these custom emotes will overwrite existing ones.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Maybe it's just me being my usual paranoid self but I can't help but notice how quiet things have been here. Aside from a few issues either out of my control or awaiting feedback there's been nothing from anyone. No comments, no suggestions, no feedback, no thanks... No community spirit. Not many people have downloaded the new custom emotes yet either. Is it me? Have I done something wrong?

somnomania

You're just being paranoid. :P I haven't seen many people on my server (WRA) using the addon, like maybe one other person in the last couple of weeks, or with feathermanes tamed; I just grabbed two of the three wolfhawk colors and one of the owlcats myself, and I'm off to update the addon right now so they can have emotes. If I didn't dislike the lodge so much, I'd spend all my free time hanging out there to boost visibility of the addon, because it really is awesome! Hopefully Dalaran will do just as well. :D
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I don't use this addon personally, but I can tell how much work has gone into it. So I thank you for putting your heart into making something for us Hunters. It means a lot, even if I dont use it. It means that you care and that you want to give something to the community.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have a lot of fondness and nostalgia for this addon, and I absolutely appreciate the people that have kept it going all these years! <3 :hug: I personally no longer use it only because it interferes with my RP addon of choice, so it's not something I think about often anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't still love it from afar. :) And it always makes me smile when I encounter a random player using those familiar emotes!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just tamed Netherbeak and did an update to the add on but it is still not showing feathermanes is there something I am missing on how to get it to work for them I also readded the two from the front page in this thread.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

The core addon hasn't been updated yet due to lack of motivation on my part and an injured hand, real life work, other addons and a family on my brother's. So it won't yet have feathermane emotes. When you say you "readed" the files in the first post what do you mean? Because one contains the custom emotes which you manually add to the addon. Simply extract the files from the ZIP and copy/paste them in the PetEmote addon folder. The other is the Editor program to make your own emotes with.

I'm taking a break from WoW for right now so I haven't had the chance to see for myself if they're working... hence why I keep pestering you lot to let me know if something's off! :P