Sudden Raptor Love (Taming Help?)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Atuakte
Realm: Duskwood

Sudden Raptor Love (Taming Help?)

Unread post by Atuakte »

I suddenly fell in love with raptors, partilly thanks to seeing the Lashtail Hatchling again...

But I'm stumped on what raptor to tame, as I have a color theme, of sorts - purple, brown, and unknown 3rd (white/gray).

I know there's the purple raptors in the barrens that are easy to grab, but they seem too pink to me. I love the purple spiked raptors, but they're available later on, my hunter's only level 27 right now.

Or, does anyone else have a suggestion on what I could tame next? Along the theme colors, or something? I'm currently in Grom'gol/ N. Stranglethorn.

My tauren and I are avoiding black and undead pets, doesn't help I had leveled in Hillsbrad - the so many undead quests scared us both away from the Forsaken. ...Yes I rp on my tauren, but never speaking in game.

Please, note, I like the race, but quest-wise... <.<" *Did not do Silverpine, too dreary for me*
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Sudden Raptor Love (Taming Help?)

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's a level 28 rare named Tenok that uses the purple/blue Outland model that might interest you:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50874
Last edited by Vephriel on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Why not try hunting down TenokImage, a rare purple raptor?
Atuakte

Unread post by Atuakte »

That is a good suggestion, but I'm refraining from taming rare pets, thanks to CRZ and stuff (I've seen about 5 die right in front of me so far. ;.; Was trying to home Humar even.). Plus, I never liked Stonetalon.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Cutting out rares is really going to hamper you getting what color theme you want until you are level appropriate for the more commonly found variants, I'm afraid. Plus, if you don't try checking, you'll never know if CRZ will hurt your chances or not. :p Most of the rares are actually on a fairly fast respawn timer, so you never know unless you look. It's a journey for a lowbie, but that's part of the fun, but if you don't want to...that's cool too. :3

Sadly, for the lower levels, if you are cutting rares out of the picture, your choices are very limited for the color themes you are looking for. Most of us completely understand why you'd giving them a wide berth though, we've all had our fair share of disappointment. ;3 Finally taming the pet I wanted after all the heartache made it that much better to me in the end though. :)

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Atuakte

Unread post by Atuakte »

I understand that completely, as I have tamed hard-to-find rares before. One was Arct - ghost bear, on my old account (it got hacked). Was hunting for Loque, after that, no show - unless another hunter tripped my Silver Dragon scan... @.x Ow for loud volume.

For now, I'm probably going to stick to normal mobs, but I may tame a rare, but it'd be far between. I'll try out a barrens raptor for now.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Sometimes even the most common pets end up being the ones you love the most. *gestures to sig*

But I will say that the "lesser" rares, aka the ones just chillin' around in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms aren't nearly as much of a pain to get as the "shiny" pets that usually require a lot of time and patience with long respawn timers or that are on achievment lists. I wouldn't even say that the lesser rares are really hard to get at all, honestly. They're almost always up when you look. That's why we're just suggesting those. :)

I might suggest Screamlash in Durotar if you're wanting one a little darker in color. He's the 'grey' skin that Tak the Leaper also shares. He's always up as he's a quest mob.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma