Anxiety

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Blåckspiral
Realm: Azuremyst

Anxiety

Unread post by Blåckspiral »

The thrill of the hunt.

Researching... stalking... taming.

I love it. My favorite thing to do in WoW is hunt rare spawns and I've gotten good at it. Pre-MoP I was so good at it that other hunters on my server were paying me to hunt rares for them and then use Have Group Will Travel to port them to their new pet.

Spirit beasts? Got all 9 of the originals. :headbang:
Challenge tames? Tamed them all but had to release most of them. :ugeek:
Tracking tames? I have a few. The ones I don't have I've helped other hunters get. 8-)

People ask me why I never have any gold when I spend so much time online and that's why. I'm hunting instead of farming.

There are too many I want and too few stable slots and it's giving me anxiety because I know I have to start freeing up space in my stable to get the skins I want. I never raid with half of the spirit beasts... they're just trophies. I never use Portent or Deth'Tilac but I still have them. I don't like Skarr's skin so I don't raid with him but I still have him because of the challenge he presented and how many times I died before figuring out how to tame him!

But I can't get rid of them. I've tamed and released so many for so long and now my stable is filled with pets that I've classified as difficult because they were the ones I spent the most effort on getting. I can't get rid of King B because I'm attached to him after all these years. I can't get rid of the maggot because they're no longer tamable according to beast lore.

Maybe I should see a shrink and get on some meds or something... maybe have them submit a form to Blizzard saying the only treatment option available to me is them increasing the amount of stable space to 100 and threatening an Americans with Disabilities claim against them if they deny my life saving treatment!

Maybe I need to just man up and release the ones I don't use so I can get ones I like.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Anxiety

Unread post by Zhinru »

If nothing changes from the PTR, in 5.3 you're gonna get thirty new stable slots. So you know...
Blåckspiral

:shock:

Please tell me you're not toying with me!

:evil:

And if you're not toying with me Blizzard had better not change it!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I am not toying with you. Currently on 5.3 PTR, hunters have 50 stable slots + 5 active pets. So you might hold off on releasing anything.
Blåckspiral

This makes me happy.

My guild... not so much so. Too much coffee plus good news like that makes for an annoying guild chat for them.

And my wife has left the room as I've put on the hunters are awesome video on loop and am getting all giddy.
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

oooh that's such good news ^ ^

Myself, when I got to the point I was worried about releasing things I made a second hunter. I have some older pets... and though they aren't unique skin the one I tamed is no longer in the game (Spawn of Hakkar from the old sunken temple).

I tend to rotate my pets due to my mood and if they have an ability that's needed... like I'll bring a water strider questing for the water walking (hehe)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!