Have u ever seen this bug?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Have u ever seen this bug?

Unread post by Ana »

I dinged to lvl 73 but my green scorpid Ivy dinged to 75... only for a few seconds though but still wird :o :shock:

have any uf u tried that?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Have u ever seen this bug?

Unread post by Hatari »

My hunter is 90, so I haven't had that particular problem, but something weird has been happening for me.

In my taming spree the last couple of days since the patch, I've noticed that if I try to rename a pet, it doesn't stick. Or at least, several times it hasn't. It's not a restricted name problem, either. These are pets I've had in the past but had to let them go for one reason or another, so I know the names should be fine. And when I type them in and hit enter, the game does not say there is a problem, or that the name is restricted, it simply asks me if I'm sure I want to name the pet the name I typed in. I hit yes, and it gets entered, but the pet's name never changes. It's happened three or four times. Eventually, if I do it enough times, it finally takes, and the name changes. But until the patch, I've never had this issue before. Have any of you?

Also, something very odd happened earlier in the week. My Loque'Nahak is named Loki, and I have a turtle named Leonardo. One day, I had Loki out, but noticed that the name on his portrait was Leonardo. I did a double-take look, blinked, and kind of freaked out. I had to dismiss him and recall him before it changed back, and briefly, while I had the menu open to choose which pet to call, the names on the small whistle icon were also mixed up. It all sorted itself out, but....things have been very odd since the patch.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I was having the rename bug today! I noticed because I am taming all kinds of beasts now. Dismissing the new pet and then recalling it allowed the name to stick the next time. I was debating reporting the bug but now that someone else has seen it I think I will.

Pets having their name swap seems to always happen to me when I use Stampede. The pet who is on your last active slot (the top one when you use your whistle fly-out button) seems to paste its name onto your actual active pet. If you don't see it, someone else will when they emote with the pet (my priest friend likes to cast Confession and that's how I know when the name was secretly swapped on me). That's been there since MoP launch and they'll probably never fix it because it's minor on the scope of bugs... the renaming one probably will be ignored, too. World of Playing-A-Betacraft... :lol:

I have a hunter around 85 so when he levels I can see if I replicate that pet leveling bug...
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I haven't been able to rename any tame since 5.3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Tårnfalk wrote:I dinged to lvl 73 but my green scorpid Ivy dinged to 75... only for a few seconds though but still wird :o :shock:

have any uf u tried that?
I had this! Habanero did this to Kallimon in a battleground. Kallimon dinged 88 and Habanero dinged 90! He went back to normal after the bg, but it was weird. :|

The renaming bug is easy to counter - dismiss the pet and resummon it and you'll be able to name it.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah the rename bug i had also.. either dismiss the pet or just fly up so the pets goes away and u can tame it afterwards ;) but the lvl thingie is fun i think hehe

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Now that you brought it up. I think I noticed the level bug on my little Panda hunter, too.

And with the names: dismissing the pet and then calling it again and naming it, like Kalli said, works for me.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

I've had this happen on my baby warlock. I dinged something along the lines of 55 and my succubus dinged to 60 according to the chat dialogue!