What we need as a new pet.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

What we need as a new pet.

Unread post by Zaranock »

Whether the next Xpac sees us returning to The Outlands or not, (HATE ON BRUH, I CALL EM THE OUTLANDS.) we need this pet. I introduce to you, the Crust Burster. (Pic didn't work. Look up Crust Burster or just Burster on wowpedia/wiki)
This creature terrified the daylights out of me more than the Fel Reaver on my first trip to the Outlands, as rumbling soil followed by a massive, carapaced worm shooting from the soil to spit at me was HORRIFYING. And now, inspired by the recent posting of the Bobbit Worm, I am convinced we as hunters have a duty and a RIGHT to show this horror to all.

Oh yeah. We need to tame them.

This would offer a bit of a challenge to tame, as you do have to search for rustling dirt a bit...unless your just wandering about to do your quests and they ninja you.

I think this type of worm needs to be exotic, or at the very least have some strings attached before we can tame it. Such as a book, called Listening to the Earth or something. Anyways.
I picture it working something like this: It follows you around under the dirt like they normally move, and pop up and rest above ground when your stationary. And then, to attack, they spit. Like they normally do. Our first purely ranged pet! Even tank specced, its realistic that as an armored worm it could take some hits at melee.
Of course, some pathing issues might arise with kiting and stuff. But still.

WE NEED THIS WORM
/discuss
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: What we need as a new pet.

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh the worms underground?

You have my support. I want it. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Unfortunately that particular model was never made with a lower half, so they'd pretty much have to completely redesign them in order for them to be passable hunter pets...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Unread post by Zaranock »

Exactly, Makoes. They wouldn't come up from the earth; they would travel and appear as they do in the wild. That's the nifty thing- their model stays the same.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Unfortunately that would also add targeting issues in pvp settings...But I highly doubt blizzard would allow the taming of an incomplete model. There are also many area's around Wow where the ground is transparent, and the model would would show nothing but a gaping hole into the body.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Zaranock wrote:Exactly, Makoes. They wouldn't come up from the earth; they would travel and appear as they do in the wild. That's the nifty thing- their model stays the same.

The main problem is that you'd see the lack of lower body underwater for one.

I support the notion though. Blizzard could finish the body. I mean.. I really, really do want a lava worm. Those things look awesome.

(Of course, they can also grab the full-bodied worm model some time and make it look like the sand and lavaworms)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I did vow to Magmaw that one day I would tame him.....one day.....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Makoes wrote:Unfortunately that would also add targeting issues in pvp settings...But I highly doubt blizzard would allow the taming of an incomplete model. There are also many area's around Wow where the ground is transparent, and the model would would show nothing but a gaping hole into the body.
If I remember correctly you can tab target them so it wouldn't take to much time to make their name targetable, I don't know anyone who PvPs without name bars turned on. :mrgreen: