Which pet took you the longest time to find?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Elffy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Which pet took you the longest time to find?

Unread post by Elffy »

A long long time ago, back in the vanilla days Humar the Pridelord eluded me for an insanely long time. Not only did I want him for his color, but his attacks were better than most cats at the time. Exactly what I needed for 29 twink PvP. I think it took...three months? There was always one or more hunters at the spot, and boy, when I saw him sleeping there logging in, I just about had a heart attack. Good times :)
Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

Ah! Oh yes, I loved Humar!
Alas, no longer in the stable.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It took me a long time to find Humar too. Then they pretty much ruined him by putting Pitch in Sholozar.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I spent a few years looking for Loque'Nahak. I started looking for him the second I could fly in Northrend, which was just a month or so after the expac released. I was in one of the biggest raiding guilds of my server at the time too, and so being BM for starters was looked down on, and Spirit Beasts really weren't super strong as far as pets were concerned. Regardless though, most of my off-time efforts went in to circling that God-forsaken Basin. It wasn't until the very end of Cata (or perhaps even the early days of Pandaria) that I found Loque. I'm not quite sure how long it was, I haven't played the game in almost a year now, but Loque was quite the hunt for me.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Way back in Vanilla... which I remember so unfondly you cannot imagine.... it was my two MONTH non stop sit and watch for Rak-shiri who I was dumb enough to fall in love with the first day I walked into Ironforge (called lagforge back then LOL) and saw that amazing BLUE TIGER running alongside a hunter.

I had my tame actually taken from me-- it was a long story, but let's say I imploded badly and was about to log off for a lONG LONG hiatus when a group of Hordies (I was a Night Elf hunter at the time) who had witnessed the steal gestured to me and together helped spawn Shy-Rotam and help me tame it!! They hugged me, I hugged them and we parted... I still have Merlyn on that hunter, and never will release him. :D

In recent time? It was King Krush... but I admit to not hunting him in a dedicated way... about a year after I mumbled in guild chat I liked him a guildie spotted him and hollered to me and I tamed him and Kiwi is also still part of my stable...

The only other horrible long wait was for Ankha... but I was given a whole lot of help to tame the wonderful Ban'thalos while waiting, so it was fine. LOL
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

I'll have to find my screenshots of Araga with her stripes. I miss her unique look.

Spent 3 weeks of doing nothing else to get Loque. Sit for an hour, circle then sit some more. About went nuts. Maybe I did? Right before I started the camp I tamed one of the corrupt kittens in Zul'drak, then rp'd that he was cleansed and came out shiny at the end. That post may still be around somewhere. Might have been on the other forums.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Ashwyn

Unread post by Ashwyn »

For me it was and is Skoll..
I can never get him, and I always wanted one ever since I saw em.
(I gave up playing a hunter for some years. Started again in Cata, then quitted again and now been trying ever since, and nothing).
He just wont come to me. :3
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

zedxrgal wrote:Bronze Madexx.
Haha, i remember a Petopian a few years ago --- Pent was it? Was obsessed over finding the Green or Blue maddex something like 30+ maddexxes he went through I think- that was a interesting forum topic. I hope he did end up finding him.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

King Krush took me over 5 years to find. Admittedly, I had given up for a good period of time in between. I recently got him by logging out at a spawn point, and when I logged in he was about 15 yards away.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

the longest is loqu. i have her on my alt hunter but my alt hunter dosent get as much attention as my main hunter. she has every rare pet including king,skoll/both the maggots before blizz made untameable so fourth.

my #1 hunter zìroth - frostmourne - eu : im looking for loqu - i found her 5x but i didnt want her at the time aswell as lookin for friends even for random ppl. now i do want her but my server is so populated its hard to get. my bnet id : Gadzooks#1624

anyone on a low alliance pop serv could help me out? i have a list of rare times i can share
:3

i found king krush when wotlk/cata * my memory is bad so correct me :3 * blizz put that stat buff where we had 30k hp tops, they gave us a bloody lot of armor upgrade that made our hp zoom to 100k at the time.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

I would have to say Loquenahak for sure. I remember the first time I saw this magnificent beast
I was questing in sholozar and I was killimg some wasps when I saw a dranei priest engaged in combat with a magnificent beast. I did not know Loquenahak was tameable then, and had quickly looked him up after that. I immediately wanted that pet, and so I began my hunt at 80.

I flew around the basin, searching spawns. Sometimes I settled down in some for a while. After more than a month of not seeing him I gave up. Then I retried again the month before cata came out, and would have my heart broken two times. First I finally spotted Loque, but some warrior or pally alliance was killing him! I hoped that somehow Loque would one shot him, but the ally succeded in killing Loque. Then about a week later I spotted Loque again near Nesingway Camp, but I was too slow for another hunter swooped in and stole Loque from me. So I continued my search, spending coubtless hors day after day looking for him.

Then my chance had come. It was a lovely morning, and exactly ONE day from Cata coming out. I did a quick fly by and then I saw him. Locked on target I flew right at him and hit the tame buttons, my heart rushing, hoping that noone would try to steal him. Then it was done. All those long weeks have led up to this final moment. I stared in awe and my new, epic companion. I was in some disbelief for a bit after seeing him killed and tamed in front of me. Together we have killed many great enemies, and Loque has saved me with his heals from death more than once.

All the other spirit beasts I tamed were not as difficult as Loque, and I have not adored them as much as Loque.
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

Perhaps not the longest time spent, but probably the most frustrated camp for me was Ankha - simply because I'd seen Magria 7 times before Ankha finally popped up.
But then, it was nothing compared to my Aeonaxx camp when I parked my char in Deepholme for 20 hours a day every day over a month while I was preparing for my final (and still only managed to see the blood seeker twice) to no avail.

Off-topic: As so many people here mentioned Loque, I have recently been leveling a second hunter on the opposite faction, and was so excited when I found Loque while questing in that zone (I was 10min into the zone, and I have just swept the area 5 min before and Loque wasn't there). And now I'll have to camp all the spirit beasts once again :shock: