Pet idea?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Pet idea?

Unread post by Divixon »

im not sure if anyone thought of this - but why not an account bound *hunter pet trading*?
and nope i wasnt thinking of pokemon with this idea =/

ive been sitting here in sholazar with a random hunter - im mallow i have him on my alt but hardly use my alt. like if you could u can trade ur alts pets to your main char. or the other way arround kinda thing - and or with friends, if they tamed and didnt honestly want it but ended up keeping, can trade for what they want?

blizz should kinda add this, alot of us are having a pain in the ass with some rares like loqu < best example i can throw out. i know alot of people tamed loqu for the hell of it and never liked it. XD
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Pet idea?

Unread post by Aweena »

not sure i like the idea cause some of the fun of having certain rares is all the time it took to get it and the hard work it took to tame one of the special requirement ones but that is just how i feel and all the pain makes the pet even more special to me but i have patience and am rather stubborn when i want something.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ehhhh I'd have to say no to that. Last thing we need is people to have incentive to camp the rares for ransom.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

While the idea is a good one, I wouldn't use it. I see only bad things coming out of trading pets. Spam mainly. Plus, when I tame a pet, I could never give it to someone else. I'd rather release it than give it away. Receiving a pet from someone doesn't make the pet yours. It would feel less personal to be given a pet in return for one of yours :?

However, I'm pretty sure quite a few people would approve of the idea. But like Junrei said, I wouldn't want to see people camping a pet for this other pet they want. I like the concept of hard work for your own pet. Probably why I don't use NPC scan/overlay and silverdragon. I like to feel like I've found the pet by myself completely, rather than being told where it is. Plus, if someone else hasn't got those addons, it's an unfair advantage (in my opinion anyway). *puts thread back on track*

So yes, while the idea is certainly inventive, I don't see it being introduced anytime soon.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

lol yea it was just a suggestion, because myself i got alot of rares, but i dont take them out n do stuff tbh. friends are missing the ones i have yet spent hours finding and no luck. my main idea was if you aldeady had the pet, you could trade them. and making the newly tamed ones un-tradeable making it less spawn camping. but either way lol.