Void Hounds: Demons or Beasts?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Void Hounds: Demons or Beasts?

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Letting us tame these might push it a bit - but to add to the previous felhunter-to-observer bit, felhunters are iconic for their hound-ness, but the role they play as demons is their magic-seeking, magic-destroying nature. Observers are like felhunters on steroids if we consider their role and not their appearance, AND they're able to speak. We have no idea if these void hounds are at all like felhunters, all we know is they're bestial demons. That's just my two cents though.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

PrimalTazza wrote:Letting us tame these might push it a bit - but to add to the previous felhunter-to-observer bit, felhunters are iconic for their hound-ness, but the role they play as demons is their magic-seeking, magic-destroying nature. Observers are like felhunters on steroids if we consider their role and not their appearance, AND they're able to speak. We have no idea if these void hounds are at all like felhunters, all we know is they're bestial demons. That's just my two cents though.
Interesting way to look at it, yes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Considering they make me feel sick to my stomach, I don't want them to ever get tameable or become a warlock pet. I would probably cry. I hate them so much.

As for the question in the topic title, they are most certainly demons - in my opinion. No tameable creature would be so scary..

You can feel free to think 'that is a really idiot reason', but I will stand by it.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Naw. I don't think that's a stupid or idiot reason. It's as valid as any other.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Demons. Beast like demons.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Demons. Warlocks should get one.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Iirc, lorewise they are -not- demons. Instead, they are beings from the Void realm--like Voidwalkers and the like, which apparently aren't true demons. They're instead creatures that are based around shadow magic.

Mind you, lore on shadow magic is awful, and this also goes for void and how either or both interact with fel.

Still, shadow creatures, demons, whatever, they still aren't alive, still aren't beasts. They're monsters, sorta. Not pets for a hunter, who thrives on keeping close to nature!