Color changing pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Color changing pets

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just FYI if you tamed any of these guys:

Sand-Husk Scarab - NPC ID 51674
Jeweled Scarab - NPC ID 40458
Borer Beetle - NPC ID 8932
Dredge Worm - NPC ID 8925
Enthralled Crustacean - NPC ID 46369
Pyreshell Scuttler - NPC ID 41922
Gundrak Raptor - NPC ID 29334
Rabid Hyena - NPC ID 51671
Sentry Worg - NPC ID 30430
Baradin Fox - NPC ID 47676

As of 6.0 they DO NOT color change anymore!!! I do not know if this is intended or it's a bug. I've submitted a bug report AND a ticket on the matter. I will be EXTREMELY upset if they no longer can color change.

I am requesting others with these pets to please submit a ticket! Hopefully this is a bug and not intended.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Color changing pets

Unread post by Wain »

I did log an entry on the beta untameables and bugs thread. I'm not sure if it's being looked into however.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Add the Venomtip Needler NPC ID #52379 to that list. Mine has now stopped changing colors. :/

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Pystol
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Pystol »

Spiny Raptor from the goblin starting zone is also not changing colors. I'm REALLY upset about this.. he's the main pet I use ;;
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Can vouch that the spiny raptors from the goblin starter area no longer change colors...not happy about that since it was my main reason for rolling a goblin hunter T.T

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

zedxrgal

Thank you for reporting those that I missed.

I believe there was a mastiff that was also a color changer come to think of it. Cannot remember ....................*goes off to search*
Yep.
Mountain Mastiff - NPC ID 37718
Wary Mastiff - NPC ID 41561

And the raptor from the Lost Isles:
Spiny Raptor - NPC ID 38187

I completely forgot about the starter pets. Shame too because I completely remade my goblin huntress purely to get the color changing spike raptor. Which she still has. :cry:

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

There was also a monkey from the Lost Isles, but I don't know how to get the NPC IDs. It's my only colour changing pet, and I'm very attached to her. Quite disappointed about this change, although it does seem like a bug seeing as no warning was given for them going away. When they removed colour changers from the game, we were informed in advance to tame those we wanted. So it seems very unlikely that they'd just silently remove them now.
zedxrgal

Ah! Thank you Mozag!!

The monkeys from the lost isle are as follows:
Bomb-throwing Monkey - NPC ID 34699
Smart Mining Monkey - NPC ID 35812

Here is the response to my ticket:
Hey there, ---------! Game Master K------- here. :)

I wish we could have chatted while you were online! I hope you're doing well today. I received the recent ticket you submitted and was able to look over your issue.

There's honestly no word from our Dev team on if this is intentional or not with pets that used to change color, so the best thing to currently do is submit a bug report on the issue so it can be looked into!

I went ahead and submitted your specific incident to QA so they know about it directly! You can submit your own report by going into the Help menu were you made this ticket and click "Submit a Bug." :D This will help them gather more data and let them know how much of a priority this is from players themselves!

The window itself will only have room for 500 characters. So try to be as precise as possible with your wording. Once you have your report entered, just hit the Submit button and the bug report will be sent with your information directly to our QA team. This will not generate a ticket on your screen. Also, our QA team will not contact you back about the issue, but rest assured they will be reviewing your report and working to get that bug corrected. :)

There’s a big advantage to this method as it sends the QA team a snapshot of your character’s information along with the ticket. This provides them with information such as your current phasing, buffs, and any quests you have completed or are in the middle of. This and other information helps them with reproducing the bug. When myself or another GM submits a bug on a player’s behalf, that additional information is not available. So when players submit them directly, it definitely gives them more of an edge to work with.

Thanks for letting us know about your issue! It's proactive players like yourself that keep this game running. <3 It's definitely a priority of ours to make sure everything is working properly so everyone can enjoy Azeroth.

Take it easy and happy adventuring, friend!
/wave (◑‿◐)ノ*:・゚✧

I am going to send a link to this thread back to the GM's so they have the list of NPC ID's just in case.

Please post if there are anymore color changing pets not listed here in the thread already.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

the raptors on the goblin starting zone island stopped changing colours aswell. i made a gobby ages ago just to tame it, undeleted it and every time i summoned it - never changed colour besides black.. =(
zedxrgal

Response from 10/24/14
Hey there, _______!

I’m very sorry for the wait time and that I was unable to get a hold of you. Some hunters just don't understand that bear season does not include druids in bear form! /facepalm

I definitely appreciate your bug report on the matter. That is a good step to take, because if this does end up being a bug there will be lots of information on the situation :) Sadly, from a GM standpoint this situation is above our heads. We cannot directly help with bugs, especially of this intensity. If I were in your shoes, I would gather as much information as you can and make a nice, professional forum post about it here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/

While Petopia is a nice site to gather information, I don't believe our bug guys look into third party sites for their information. Having it here on Battle.net is a best way to get the info to them. I can see through thr forums already that there are other people going through the same situation you are, and I believe this was not intended as well. At least, I would hope so.

I know I can't fix the problem for you, but as mentioned this is a bigger issue than what we can assist with. Getting the information to the correct people for the job is they key here, and that is what I'm here for in this situation. I have submitted an internal bug report on the matter as well. It will definitely get seen, so all we can do is wait until the Dev's work on the fix. In the meantime, there is still much to do in the world... of Warcraft :)

Keep Calm and Game On!
Your friendly neighborhood GM, Z :)
Since I forgot to create said thread back on 10/24 ............................ I created that tonight. Please add your voices to it
My bug thread can be found HERE.

zedxrgal

Sorry to re-up this thread but I found another pet that no longer color changes.

Oasis Crocolisk - 51675

I also noticed just today when trying to confim this that the NPC ID's have letters at the for the different original colors. For example
Rabid Hyena - 51671 is linked to Image
But Rabid Hyena 51671a is linked to Image

Both tamed color changed (or at least they used too) from white to yellow and vice versa. Obviously now they don't.

I also realized when trying to confirm the crocolisk that the armory NPC ID's for hunter pets no longer match WoWhead's. They used too. I am not sure this is a glitch with the armory or not. But after 6.0 they matched perfectly. As of today (11/23/14) they no longer match. Which is pretty lame in of itself.

So add another color changer to the list of animals that no longer change.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I know I haven't posted in a while, but Squirrely got his winter coat back :D Testing my other color changers :headbang:
ImageImage :mrgreen:

EDIT: Sadly Squirrely seems to be the only one to get their color changing ability back :cry:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Strange they fixed one and not the others!! Cool for you they fixed him anyway :)

Going back to something Zed said in 2014, the "a" "b" etc. suffixes on the NPC IDs are just a Petopia thing so we can differentiate between the colours of the same ID (since we use the NPC ID as the entry ID in the database). Blizzard doesn't use it :)
zedxrgal

I guess that's one small step in the right direction for the others. Hopefully the non color changers will follow suit.

And thank you for mentioning that Wain. :oops: Sadly what's on the armory still no longer matches WoWHead. So still no ability to link pets that way.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote: And thank you for mentioning that Wain. :oops: Sadly what's on the armory still no longer matches WoWHead. So still no ability to link pets that way.
Sadly it seems like they've been putting less effort into updating the Armory for quite some time now. The mounts list, for example, is severely messed up, and still displays a whole bunch of "White Stallions" instead of the WoD mounts you do own. There's a bunch of other WoD mounts that don't show up at all, let alone under the wrong name. This goes for the API (which third party apps and Warcraft Mounts use) too. We have to do a lot of massaging of data to get it to work properly when it should be straightforward. But it goes back much longer than WoD. The Acherus Deathcharger (DK class mount) hasn't shown up on the Armory or the API since about 2011. At least that's as far back as the reports go.

And that's just mounts. It really is a bit of a mess. :P

I've been trying to encourage fixes for mount data (not much luck so far) but if I can find out what's wrong with the hunter pet data I can post about that too.
zedxrgal

I'd really love if they fixed the color changers. I went through the Uldum quest line just to get the beetle on my toon with all the color changers and so that "unique" pet is just a blah beetle. What's even more the bummer is that it's stuck on the beetle color I despise the most.