tips for getting those tricky 6.0.2 tames! hydras, UBRS wolf

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

tips for getting those tricky 6.0.2 tames! hydras, UBRS wolf

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I have met a lot of hunters looking for pets in patch 6.0.2 and i keep getting asked the same questions over and over again. some of the new tames are a bit tricky so i thought I would just put the answers to some common questions in here and ask that others add their own tips and knowledge to the thread. Perhaps you can find some cross realm petopians to help you out with some of your tames.

NOTE! Hydras are incredibly loud pets. most hunters cant stand the constant fighting. to stop their constant snarling just hit esc>>>system>>>sound>>>uncheck "enable pet sounds." this will turn off their idle sounds but not their combat/buff sounds ect.>>> Systems
BLACK ALCAZ HYDRA.
this is by far the one I see hunters having the most problems with. the island is phased out and thus the mobs vanish once you get in range. to fix this all you need to do is talk to an npc outside theramore. just follow the long brick bridge that connects theramore to the other half of the swamp and talk to the disguised bronze drake off to the side. she will send you back in time to before Theramore's fall. the Hydras will now be waiting for you on the island!

PURPLE HYDRA.
If you are ally you may need a bit of help with this one. there are two purple hydras in the game. One is a rare spawn that is probably being camped by a group of hunters right now. the second one is a mob spawned from a low level horde quest. there is no quest chain to worry about and you probably only need to be about level 20 to do it.
Go visit the beach in ashenvale. just outside the first building on the left side of the entrance to the horde quest hub you should find an orc named muglash. accept his quest and walk with him out to the beach. you kill six or seven naga and then he will summon the hydra for you.
you can immediately abandon the quest and do it over again after he is tamed so all your friends can get one. the NPC's respawn is really fast- he just walks kind of slow. I tried starting the quest on one toon then logging over to my hunter to tame him but the orc despawned so if you did the quest already or you are ally you may need to find a friend to help.

Chimaeron
this one is probably the most tricky one to pull off. if you have a low ilvl you may need a friend to come with you. but regardless of your gear you need to be incredibly cautious when fighting him. we hit really hard in old raids now and a lot of hunters are killing him by mistake- forcing them to wait until next week to try again. once he hits about 30% you want to slow down and maybe even let the last few % get ticked down by auto shot.
its ok to send your pet in to take a few hits and dish some damage but its probably best to dismiss your pet before it dies. otherwise you may get stuck trying to rez him when Chimaeron is at low health. you may die or your pet may come to life and kill him.
DO NOT WEAR YOUR CLOAK! if you have the legendarily cloak and it procs at the wrong time it will instantly kill him and there will be no way to stop it.

WOD WOLVES!
it came as a surprise to most of us that we got three new wolves to tame in UBRS this week.
I believe there are three colors in all but sadly I only have two I can show you. if someone wants to provide a picture of the third one please do.
you can find them near the very start of the instance and as an add spawned by the last boss. you can quickly tell what color the mob is by looking at the eye color in its portrait. most groups will start pulling and wont stop so it can be hard to tame one without the tank killing it first. the q is usually 40min + so i would recommend looking in trade chat for a group and explaining your intentions before hand.
however if you would rather pug it it can easily be done. Just use glyph of tame beast for a fast tame and as soon as you zone in find the wolf you want and target it. set it to focus if you want so you can help clear the trash leading up to it and still target it without any trouble. dismiss your pet during these trash pulls since you wont have time to switch after them. don't bother trying to freeze it. just use distracting shot as soon as the tank pulls them and start the tame right away. your wolf will be a few hits shy from death when the tame goes off so you need to act fast.
if all goes well you will have a new wolf and your group probably didn't even notice your little side adventure. :)

That's all the tips i can give from personal experiences. if anyone else has info they want to share or wants to organize a taming trade or something, feel free to use this thread.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: tips for getting those tricky 6.0.2 tames! hydras, UBRS

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A tip you can add for the Worgs;

Glyph into Tame Beast (A staple, duh). Dismiss your pet if you have one, and use Distracting Shot as the tank pulls. Immediately hit Tame Beast.

Distracting shot lasts 6 seconds. It takes 1 second to refill the Global Cooldown. Glyph of Tame Beast takes 4 seconds. Easy wolf tame.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Wait, there's black ones? :O Oh man. I gotta get back to UBRS. I wanted a black one but they didn't spawn.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Just thought I would add that I am giving away purple hydras to anyone who may need help. just be a high enough level to tame him and come from a US realm. Unless blizz changed things up in the patch, i should be able to bring both horde and ally players to my server for a quick tame.

if interested my Btag is Kyro#1916
please contact me in the thread, in a pm or in game before sending the friend request.