Solo taming Spirit of The North on a level 90 toon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Solo taming Spirit of The North on a level 90 toon

Unread post by pop »

HOW?
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Solo taming Spirit of The North on a level 90 toon

Unread post by Finduilas »

I tamed him solo on my Tauren. I stripped of my gear so I wouldn't one-shot the mob and equipped a low level bow. Then I flew up to where they are in Coldarra. There is one that isn't flying as high as the others. Dismount in air, shoot once at it and then fall to the floor. Use disengage so you don't kill yourself when landing and wait for the serpent to come to you and tame :)
If you are an engineer you can use your slow-fall cloak. And I think there was some potion that would reduce falling speed too, but I think you could only use it in stormpeaks.
If you play on EU I can help you!

edit: I had the mob resetting a few times, but it can be done! Just try around to find the best spot.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

There is a much easier and simpler way of doing this! First, fly out to Coldarra and there will be three platforms up in the air near the Transitus Shield area. The ones just off to the right of the shield and on the left side of the nexus if you are facing it dead on.

Next you want to jump up on the middle platform and peer down over the edge of the backside of it and you should see a Spirit of the North patting by around just out of range most of the time. It will have a few moments just inside your range...You will actually want to -kill it here-, yes, kill it. DO NOT try and tame it from here, it will evade bug.

After you kill it, fly down underneath the platform. On the left hook under it, park yourself. You should see the Transitus Shield out on your left side.

From there, using your trap launcher. Launch a Freezing trap about where I have placed it in the picture, it's about the only place it will land at all. This is actually the spawn point of the one Spirit you just killed. Wait patiently and it will soon spawn and become trapped for you to easily tame your new pet! No stripping down of gear/doing tricky disengages necessary.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Cerim-Proudmoore
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Cerim-Proudmoore »

havent these been around for awhile?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They have. It's not hard to tame them. I'm a little confused on why a level 90 is having a hard time against a lvl 70 tame.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

I think most of the trouble comes from these being super high up in the air that most are out of taming range without doing tricky disengages, accidentally killing it trying to pull it down, or evade bugging. There are many and they are a non-issue, but most really are just way up in the air to where they are a pain to get.

I assume he was asking how to get one down enough into tame range without having to get a friend to misdirect/killing it.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ooooh. Okay. Cause the post just says "HOW?!" so I wasn't sure of the problem.

LisaaraPokefarm

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Yep! xD I saw the title and knew EXACTLY what the trouble was, because I went after one of these as soon as they were made tameable and ran into the exact same issues. I ended up having another hunter show me how to freeze it on it's spawn point and I've shared that with as many people as I can at this point who are also looking for it. :D

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gotcha gotcha. I never tried taming them and I was thinkin "It can't be that hard, can it?"

LisaaraPokefarm

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I remember my venture for one, as soon as they became available. I used the "naked" method, with just a lvl1 bow and a lowbie cloak for engi slowfall, but still it took me quite a some time, many dead spirits and some "dwarfette-goes-splat"s before I finally got one. Fun times :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Myrrmi wrote:I remember my venture for one, as soon as they became available. I used the "naked" method, with just a lvl1 bow and a lowbie cloak for engi slowfall, but still it took me quite a some time, many dead spirits and some "dwarfette-goes-splat"s before I finally got one. Fun times :D
There's probably still bits of armor from my poor Draenei cratering a few times with cursing echoing through the hills when she accidentally splatted a few.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!