Pet appearance bugs, 6.0

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Pet appearance bugs, 6.0

Unread post by Wain »

This is a thread to catalog any changes to pet appearance in 6.0 that are probably unintentional. Hopefully some are linked and will be fixed together.
  • previously smaller / larger wasps now all a default size. See this thread.
  • previously-tamed old colour-changing pets are no longer changing colours. See this thread.
  • Red spirit porcupines are appearing with green (and blue?) fire instead of their proper fire colour. See this thread. Affects minipets too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Pet appearance bugs, 6.0

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone noticed if any of these issues have been fixed yet? Just updating.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

My color changers still don't color change. So that's not fixed yet :cry: My wasps as were still regular sized. I've none of the porcupines to check those.
This was checked last night 12/14/14.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

The red spirit porcupine still exudes a blue-green smoke instead of red

On top of that, upon calling it there is a very brief (and hard to screencap) starfall effect complete with a faint whooshing sound

Lastly, I don't own a vengeful porcupette but looking at it in the pet journal reveals that it, too, still has blue-green smoke

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Varethyn wrote:On top of that, upon calling it there is a very brief (and hard to screencap) starfall effect complete with a faint whooshing sound
That's normal, all spirit beasts do that, it's their Mastery buff being applied.

ImageImage
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Ah I see. I don't use spirit beasts very often so I didn't notice. Thanks for that :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

I bring bad news from the PTR for 6.1.

I copied over my third hunter who has the spiny, color changing raptor from the Goblin Starting area. He's still stuck as black :( . (Very upset because I paid for a race change just so I could have this pet and still be a blood elf)

I don't have any wasps or the Spirit Beast Porcupine. However, the companion pet still has the green/blue aura in the middle of it. Picture: Image

Probably safe to assume the regular pet and the wasps are still broken.
zedxrgal

Thanks for the update Britty. Ugh. Makes me so sad :cry:

zedxrgal

And updates in the current patches of the PTR if the color changing pets color change again or are they still broken?

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Color changers are still broken as of yesterdays patch going live. Sad to report. I'm getting more and more tempted to release mine as time goes on.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I have a feeling the proper term here is 'color changing pets are fixed', not broken. The color changing qualities was considered a bug/unintended behavior and I think they fixed the glitch in technology that allowed them to change color at random when summoned.

What -isn't- fixed is the tendency for newly tamed pets to be un-renameable. If you just tame something, a good portion of the time it will return 'that name has invalid characters' when you try to rename it, even if it absolutely does not. You have to dismiss and resummon it and then the rename will work. It's not, you know, the end of the world or anything, but it really does get annoying after awhile.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

If I remember right, the color changing effect occurred due to two [Or more, considering the Spiny Raptors/Uldum Beetles/Florawing Needlers all were in sets of four.] sets of models sharing the same ID. During cata they started separating the models into their own ID numbers based off color, IF I am recalling the events correctly. It took them several patches before all the once wild color changing pets started staying the color you tamed it as. Pets that were tamed before this time period continued to color change even after the change to the tame mechanics of the wild ones. I don't recall Blizz saying this was unintended. It was just the way they set things up when multiple colors of one model all shared the same name, which had them all listed as the same ID number.

I believe there were no more wild tameable color changers once the hotfix to how trick tames went in, which was sometime mid cata. Since then, pets tamed before that time period would color change and remained that way all through the rest of Cata and the entirety of MoP. We were sure they were grandfathered in like so many other interesting pets had been along the way. That was 'fixed'/'broken' when 6.0 rolled around. We've gotten no word if this was an intentional thing or not, so I just drop updates in when patches roll around.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Are any of the pets that managed to retain their unique looks (i.e. from the old abandon macro or well-timed death-tames) affected at all?

If they're dropping "unnecessary" attributes it's likely that these pets may also be "cleaned up".

For those who are unaware what I'm referring to - check out: -
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45450/the-lone-hunter
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36696/armored-battleboar
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I just noticed my Hyena color changer isnt the same color as his pic in the stables. He is either white or yellow but the pic is orange, weird.
ImageImage :mrgreen:

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rawr wrote:I just noticed my Hyena color changer isnt the same color as his pic in the stables. He is either white or yellow but the pic is orange, weird.
ImageImage :mrgreen:
That one's normal. :) You must have tamed him in Uldum before that colorchanger got fixed. Your boy got grandfathered out of the fix. My Jason's the same way. It's a feature of having tamed that particular hyena. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!