Spirit lion, petopia missed out in cat family.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Spirit lion, petopia missed out in cat family.

Unread post by erictks1 »

Name Spirit Lion
Color: Blue spirit looking lion
Wish: Hope petopia include it and blizzard make it tamable.

Thanks
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Spirit lion, petopia missed out in cat family.

Unread post by Chimera »

Considering there's no lions in Draenor, the tawny Saberon excluded, I don't think they'd consider introducing an alien species to the world unless they made a model they really wanted to introduce to live. In Cata (was it Cata they did this?) they introduced a couple dozen or so creatures that weren't native to Azeroth but I think they were just doing a big rarespawn dump to try and bump up the amount of rares in a given zone for people questing to find and get a little exp boost here and there, and ended up using a lot of unused models that got their tameable switch flipped on.

'Course that doesn't mean that the chances for such a creature you're asking for wont happen, but it's unlikely it will. I'm sure a lion spirit beast would be absolutely gorgeous (hopefully a model more closer to the original lion and not the baggy glued on mane Sambas has), but if they ever introduce a second spirit beast into Draenor, the chances are it'll probably be native to un-corrupt Draenor and not of Azerothian, Outland, or Twisting Nether descent.

But overall, as a concept, I'd definitely be interested in it! Lions have gotten no love since Sambas' model was introduced while the tigers have been getting both spirit beast and new model changes. If we consider all the families though, there are many I'd like to see tended to first though, but for the cat family specifically, it'd be nice to get some more lions. As well as, hopefully, the other species that make up the family. Panther's, cheetah's (maybe an actual leopard, jaguar, and snow leopard skin pretty please?), lynxes, and the misc. colors (pure white, the white/blue "ice") haven't gotten any attention either.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Thanks for the heads up Eric, I'll be sure to mention to powers that be (once they return from holidays :) )
As they are sadly untameable atm I'm not sure it will be on the top of the to do list once they return, but every little bit of information helps when it comes to anything with a "Beast" label on it.
Chimera wrote: lynxes, and the misc. colors (pure white, the white/blue "ice") haven't gotten any attention either.
If there was to be another Feline Spirit beast, all my Yes's for a Lynx please :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Is there a "spirit" lion in Nagrand? I've truthfully never explored the full area but I've never seen any lions there. I assumed from that the OP was giving an idea for a new spirit beast, and that it wasn't actually an already existing creature :0

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Chimera wrote:Considering there's no lions in Draenor, the tawny Saberon excluded, I don't think they'd consider introducing an alien species to the world unless they made a model they really wanted to introduce to live. In Cata (was it Cata they did this?) they introduced a couple dozen or so creatures that weren't native to Azeroth but I think they were just doing a big rarespawn dump to try and bump up the amount of rares in a given zone for people questing to find and get a little exp boost here and there, and ended up using a lot of unused models that got their tameable switch flipped on.

'Course that doesn't mean that the chances for such a creature you're asking for wont happen, but it's unlikely it will. I'm sure a lion spirit beast would be absolutely gorgeous (hopefully a model more closer to the original lion and not the baggy glued on mane Sambas has), but if they ever introduce a second spirit beast into Draenor, the chances are it'll probably be native to un-corrupt Draenor and not of Azerothian, Outland, or Twisting Nether descent.

But overall, as a concept, I'd definitely be interested in it! Lions have gotten no love since Sambas' model was introduced while the tigers have been getting both spirit beast and new model changes. If we consider all the families though, there are many I'd like to see tended to first though, but for the cat family specifically, it'd be nice to get some more lions. As well as, hopefully, the other species that make up the family. Panther's, cheetah's (maybe an actual leopard, jaguar, and snow leopard skin pretty please?), lynxes, and the misc. colors (pure white, the white/blue "ice") haven't gotten any attention either.
My friend it is already there but sadly it is not tamable. Let's fight for the Tamable right....
Last edited by erictks1 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

erictks1 wrote: My friend it is already there but sadly it is not tamable.
!! :0 omg, and it's using the original model according to the one comment on that page!

Well then, I'm even more in all yes for it, either in the cat or spirit beast family :D *squee kitties*

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spirit beast Lynx, yes plz!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Chimera wrote:
erictks1 wrote: My friend it is already there but sadly it is not tamable.
!! :0 omg, and it's using the original model according to the one comment on that page!

Well then, I'm even more in all yes for it, either in the cat or spirit beast family :D *squee kitties*
I attached a picture of it , look its cool :)
Attachments
Picture of spirit lion
Picture of spirit lion
upload.jpg (266.4 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Awesome find Eric! Now if only we could get the devs to make it tameable.

Even though I LOVE the old lion skins like Humar and Echeyakee, I would really LOVE it even more if they added some updated lions (Sambas wasn't really doing it for me). If they made a nice looking spirit beast lion I think I could die happy.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hope admin make some update on this new discovery
biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Ok IF this Cool cat makes it to tamable.I have room for it...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I deliberately left that one out, but later forgot about it. Because it uses such an old model I made a note about it here:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 53&t=22837

... I had wondered if it may have been a placeholder and was intended to use the new cat model. Or may have been intended to be undead. Or both. Nothing changed, however.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

It would also make a good shaman skin for spirit wolves (the ones enhance can summon) like how you can glyph the raptors.

I do love the old model and it would eb nice to see it used in some way.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~