Realm Hop For Rares!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Realm Hop For Rares!

Unread post by Zaranock »

Hi guys! I just got Ban'thalos, finally.

After sitting on my own server with competition from several hunters, I started realm-hopping in my idle time. I'd go to Custom Groups and look for different realms- if it was a group for a specific event I'd ask if I could hop through their group, but for things like Silthide and Poundfist etc where there were already people lousing about I wouldn't bother- and would join them, floating around for Banny before repeating the process.

Most people were very kind and said yes and even wished me good luck or said I could stay to look for others if I liked, although some people called me very rude things :|

Anyways anways, at the end of this anecdote, I finally got Ban'thalos...From Nathrezim! And I'm from Bladefist. :)) If you're just camping a single spot for a rare spawn, realm hopping might get it to you faster.

Just be sure to ask before you join a specific group for something so that you don't get people's hopes up or mess up their composition.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Realm Hop For Rares!

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I did the same for Nakk the thunderer. Found him within ten minutes this way. Camped one spot, and kept joining and leaving different groups till I found him.

When I did it, I just joined Nok groups because there are a ton of them (at least there were two months ago) and if someone joined then immediately left, it didnt screw with them much. Joining world boss groups like drov or tarlna works as well.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |