Thunderlords Rylak gone for good?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Thunderlords Rylak gone for good?

Unread post by Bluefire »

So I was just trying to tame my tan/brown pet team and wanted to tame the Tan Armored Rylak http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ironchimera.html only to find that rumor says it's been removed does anyone have any more insight to this?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Thunderlords Rylak gone for good?

Unread post by Wain »

Hrm. You may be right there. Damn :/ Unless anyone does happen to spot it we'll have to remove it from the list.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hm....well damn. I haven't seen any.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Why Blizzard why. :( :cry:

Edit: Does anyone have one tamed???? I be curious to know if the pet is still in their stable.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It may not have made it out of beta. It always seemed out of place, like something left from an earlier version of the encounter that they just forgot was still there.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I could swear I've seen someone with one in-game. I didn't take a pic because it was, as far as I knew, normal. And I didn't go try to get one myself because I'm not all that crazy about rylaks. But I am almost positive I've seen someone with one in live.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal

For some reason I cannot get to that island to even look. I know a quest gives you passage there at level 100 but I am not sure if there's a quest that needs completing before hand or what. I am very curious to know.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:For some reason I cannot get to that island to even look. I know a quest gives you passage there at level 100 but I am not sure if there's a quest that needs completing before hand or what. I am very curious to know.
It's possible to just water walk across from the shore. There are no barriers or anything.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, the "Burning Blade Rylak" which attacks during one of the garrison invasions has the same look, but could well not be tameable. It's worth checking though. Which invasion would that be with? Iron Horde?

There are two versions (Alliance and Horde):
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=86462
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=86555
zedxrgal

I will have to tame a strider to walk across the water to do that. lol But worth it if I can actually see one.

I am 90% sure when my garrison was invaded, by iron horde if I remember correctly, those Rylaks not being tamable and despawning or something. I'll have to wait and see if I get invade again to check.

zedxrgal

Ok so here's the verdict. In live the Tunderlords Rylak is no longer in game that I saw of. During the event, which you do not need a quest to start it seems (?), only the Darkwing Rylaks spawn. Which you can target them but you cannot attack or tame them. Nothing else spawns anywhere near the Razz Ricketroz event. I repeatedly tried for about 45 minutes. Even waiting while others who had the Rexxar quests to complete their's watching dutifully to see if one popped up. Nodda. :cry:

OF NOTE! This area appears to be phased! So maybe just maybe they cannot be seen. VERY very slim chance since on WoWhead it shows them removed. But. Yah never know.

Edit: Still no garrison invasion. Sorry.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

you can just use the premade group finder to team up for an invasion. there are usually three or four going on at any given time and iron horde is a fairly common one it seems.

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

This makes me very sad. I dearly wanted that particular Rylak.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I did tame this Rylak at the start of WoD - I frantically headrushed to 100 in the first few days and managed to snag it before it was removed. The reason it was removed was because it was tied to an NPC, pictured below, who had ah.... "spawning issues" as you can see. You'd get one-shot running up every time someone triggered the Rylak event because she would just spawn and spawn and spawn, so they moved her and removed that part of the event, when you engage the Goblin boss at the top of the hill, that triggers other NPC's such as the multi-spawning orc woman and the Thunderlord Rylak.

I've gone back and checked a few times. You used to be able to see the Rylak below the big black rock that's to the left when you're facing the Rylak Matriarch and the Goblin Boss waaaay atop the hill on the island. He definitely doesn't spawn there anymore, and nor does the orc - I think she got replaced near the dock now. It was a pretty buggy and unfinished area at the start of WoD, to be honest.
Last edited by Dialga on Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I knew I wasn't crazy! :lol: (Well, not in this, anyway.) That sucks that it's gone now. But, I hope that since it's already been in the game and tameable at one point, that it's something that can easily be added in later, without the bugs. :) Thanks for the info, Dialga!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal

Dialga - Do you still have that Rylak in your stables or?????

I ask because if you still have it then that leaves hope that it may return to being a tamable beast again

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I believe he's still in my stables; I'm not subbed anymore as WoD as been... "underwhelming", to put it kindly. But he wasn't really a 'forbidden' or 'unintentional' tame on Blizzard's part from what I can tell, not like the Slime or Worgen or anything. It just had the unfortunate coding mishap to spawn along with a mob that had glitchy spawn issues and they yanked out the whole bit of code that causes things to spawn when the Goblin Boss is engaged.

EDIT: After doing a little bit more reading, I realized that the Thunderlord's Rylak was NOT tied to the Goblin Boss directly in coding per se; rather he is meant to spawn as a 'mount' for Ra'ka Bloodspear (the multi-spawn orc), or just a pet of hers if you prefer. When they moved her, they must have also taken out the coding that caused the rylak to spawn with her (perhaps having two things spawn was what caused the spawning problems). Instead, she now has a Disciplined Rylak (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=78360/disciplined-rylak) with her. So I think it is unlikely they will replace this specific mob into the game, but they may re-use the skin at a later point with a new model.

tl;dr It used to be if you got into combat with Razz Ricketroz, Ra'ka Bloodspear and the Thunderlord Rylak would spawn below and start attacking other rylaks. Ra'ka had a bug where she would keep spawning and not despawn, so Blizzard patched this encounter and moved her to the docks. Her Thunderlord Rylak has not spawned since, as the coding in the encounter changed and she has a new Rylak that does not have the brown armored skin.