6.2 Datamining - Dear lord, invincible pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

6.2 Datamining - Dear lord, invincible pets

Unread post by Zetharl »

A new trinket will make Bestial Wrath last 60 seconds on our pet. Couple that with the Glyph of Endless Wrath and...dang.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=124515&bonus=0

http://www.wowhead.com/item=42902

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: 6.2 Datamining - Dear lord, invincible pets

Unread post by Makoes »

Now that would be an awesome trinket to get my hands on!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

5 will get you 10 it gets nerfed. But that might make the BW glyph worth using (right now it isn't really).

I've been frustrated for a while about most hunter glyphs being really lackluster/uninteresting when compared to other classes. Sure, Tame Beast is handy, so's Fetch, and the Pet-MD glyph is invaluable (for me anyway) but the rest of them are a big fat meh. And NONE of them do anything visually interesting. Oh yay, I can make my Stampede LESS INTERESTING or maybe make my pet smaller. Whoopee.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

Nachtwulf wrote:5 will get you 10 it gets nerfed.
I don't understand this sentence.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Zetharl wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:5 will get you 10 it gets nerfed.
I don't understand this sentence.
A saying expressing the high odds of an event occurring, stemming from the idea of 2:1 odds in gambling.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Nachtwulf wrote:5 will get you 10 it gets nerfed. But that might make the BW glyph worth using (right now it isn't really).

I've been frustrated for a while about most hunter glyphs being really lackluster/uninteresting when compared to other classes. Sure, Tame Beast is handy, so's Fetch, and the Pet-MD glyph is invaluable (for me anyway) but the rest of them are a big fat meh. And NONE of them do anything visually interesting. Oh yay, I can make my Stampede LESS INTERESTING or maybe make my pet smaller. Whoopee.
BW glyph not worth using? I consider it essential. I don't use fetch or MD. I never have to misdirect to my pets. They pick up aggro and lock on like pit bulls without it, even ferocity specced. I agree that Hunter glyphs are uninspired but some are useful. I use BW, Animal Bond, and Mend for major and Aspect of the Cheetah, Play Dead, and Tame beast as minor.

I too see this new trinket being seriously nerfed if it ever even makes it to live. The MM part is especially overpowered. I think this could even be a PvP trinket and only work there.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well, I consider it useless 'cause I can't remember the last time my pet died in a raid, since pets are immune to raid AoE, and it doesn't last long enough to be useful while questing. I can see it being good for PVP buuut, I hate PVP with the fury of a thousand suns so that makes no nevermind to me, haha. MD is invaluable (to me) because I spend a lot of time questing and farming and while pets are good at keeping the aggro you send them to get, if you get other mobs it's much easier to MD them onto your pet than fart around with feign which doesn't load threat. I don't use fetch all that much but given how often people are a) tearing through dungeons so fast you don't have time to loot, or b) I seem to kill mobs on the sides of cliffs, it's pretty nice.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I haven't used the Endless Wrath glyph in ages, ever since we realized that it was what was causing pets to lose all aggro during BW. Did it get fixed, or is it still wonky?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415