Interesting Tame; Twinbreath Skystalker Rylak [Image Heavy]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Interesting Tame; Twinbreath Skystalker Rylak [Image Heavy]

Unread post by pop »

I don't know if this is old news but I found something interesting about Twinbreath Skystalker Rylak from Frostfire Ridge. I was just out trying to tame different kind of Rylaks for my Orc Hunter and stumbled upon something interesting about Twinbreath Skystalker. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72273/twinbreath-skystalker

I tamed one that was flying with a rider on top. After tame, it kept its fiery blaze from its mouth and its rider become friendly.

And apparently, after it attacked a nearby flying Rylak, it flies post tame! Initially it didnt but after that attack, it kept flying, but lost its flying and lava breath after I hearthed.

*I tamed this on 29th June 2015, patch 6.2.(x?).

And then I attacked a flying critter way up above Frostwall Garrison. I think the critter is named Ridge Vulture. Anyway it started to fly again after attack and it can fly REALLY HIGH!

To test whether it can be used for other rylaks, as to date, the method of attacking flying mobs do not work on my armored rylak pet. Even after stabling my Twinbreath Skystalker Rylak, it still has the mechanic of being able to fly.

it seems Icewing Rylak also can gain its flying mode through this way.
Last edited by pop on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Interesting Tame; Twinbreath Skystalker Rylak [Image Hea

Unread post by Dialga »

I believe I've heard of that - however, once you dismiss the pet, the blaze is gone, correct?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Dialga wrote:I believe I've heard of that - however, once you dismiss the pet, the blaze is gone, correct?
I find it interesting tat attacking any flying mobs triggers it pre tame flying mode.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Oh, nice! I know flying still works on my Thunderlord Rylak so I guess I didn't notice, but they probably missed that one since it got yanked out like a week into WoD. Nice find!
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

There was word that this pet would fly up to any flying target, then it was mentioned they had fixed it and they wouldn't fly at all. Now the flying is back on them when going up to a flying target, they fight while flying, then come back and flap around for a while. It is random so they don't always fly up to their targets. Daing it rng!

Also, these twinbreath rylaks have a very loud growl when you click on them. I got a few of the other rylaks but they don't growl at all when you click on them, they randomly growl on their own but it is very low.

Twinbreaths fly outside in the world but don't seem to fly when in instances, dungeons, raids, that sort of place. I haven't tried in bgs but unless there is something flying, flight won't trigger on the rylak.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

it is just amazing having this pet, and using stampede w/ glyph. Stampede rylaks also fly!! \0/
Lazei
Realm: Nemesis

Unread post by Lazei »

Hi guys! Do you know if this ability disappears i arena / timewalking dungeons?
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

I just got one as well.
Looks like the flaming breath is already taken away, but its fine with me cause the flying attacks and random flight by my side is awesome.
TYVM for finding this sir!!