Grom'kar Warbeast no longer tame-able?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Grom'kar Warbeast no longer tame-able?

Unread post by Merduin »

Greetings all,

Before patch 6.2 you could go to The Glory Road in Talador and tame a Grom'kar Warbeast. Since the patch, that area has been transformed and those clefthoofs are gone. These are the only pets that match the Nakk the Thunderer mount, so I would really like to get one.

Wowhead show's them in Tanaan jungle near the Iron docks, but the only thing I can find in that area are Emberhide Warbeasts. I've tried realm hopping, killing the Emberhide's hoping a Grom'kar would spawn in it's place and joining the Assault on the Iron Harbor daily thinking maybe it only shows up during that. Nothing.

Can anyone confirm they've tamed one since Patch 6.2? Appreciate the replies.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Grom'kar Warbeast no longer tame-able?

Unread post by Wain »

Merduin wrote:Greetings all,
Before patch 6.2 you could go to The Glory Road in Talador and tame a Grom'kar Warbeast. Since the patch, that area has been transformed and those clefthoofs are gone. These are the only pets that match the Nakk the Thunderer mount, so I would really like to get one.
Wowhead show's them in Tanaan jungle near the Iron docks, but the only thing I can find in that area are Emberhide Warbeasts. I've tried realm hopping, killing the Emberhide's hoping a Grom'kar would spawn in it's place and joining the Assault on the Iron Harbor daily thinking maybe it only shows up during that. Nothing.
Oh crap. I think you're right. How did we miss this? :(

Can anyone find a way of getting to the pre-6.2 phase? Otherwise this guy is MIA and needs a new home. :(

Well spotted, by the way! I can't believe none of us thought of this.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:
Merduin wrote:Greetings all,
Oh crap. I think you're right. How did we miss this? :(

Can anyone find a way of getting to the pre-6.2 phase? Otherwise this guy is MIA and needs a new home. :(

Well spotted, by the way! I can't believe none of us thought of this.
Thanks. Although I'm kicking myself. I had one, but abandoned it in a taming pinch. Figured I could always go back to get another ... :(

Here's hoping this is all just some big mistake and Blizzard puts them back in. There's Grom'kar War Rylaks in the Iron Harbor. There's Grom'kar Beastbreakers there too. It would make sense for them to reappear there. If they aren't already ... in stealth mode or something.

Supposedly we have a lurker. I'm a big fan of lurkers ... :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We do have a lurker, though he's been disclosed for some time now as Jeremy Feasel, aka 'Muffinus'. Hunters aren't his primary job, but he's been looking after hunter pets as a personal side project and has been amazing. :)

There are a couple of places that missing look could be added, but I think you're right that the Iron Docks in Tanaan is probably the best. The clefthooves there aren't currently tameable so changing their colour (and then making them tameable) wouldn't affect anything.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:We do have a lurker, though he's been disclosed for some time now as Jeremy Feasel, aka 'Muffinus'. Hunters aren't his primary job, but he's been looking after hunter pets as a personal side project and has been amazing. :)

There are a couple of places that missing look could be added, but I think you're right that the Iron Docks in Tanaan is probably the best. The clefthooves there aren't currently tameable so changing their colour (and then making them tameable) wouldn't affect anything.
Ah! I missed the thread(s) where Jeremy's info was disclosed. Well as a bona-fide Pet-a-holic his legacy certainly shows. After a 10 year hiatus I came back to WoW and rolled a hunter and haven't looked back since. Pets are my favorite vice ... I mean attribute of the class. ;) (I'm sure everyone here is probably intimately aware of what I mean). Thanks for the insight.

Jeremy if you happen to see this thread ... this hunter would be very grateful for your time and assistance. Thank you in advance. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:but I think you're right that the Iron Docks in Tanaan is probably the best. The clefthooves there aren't currently tameable so changing their colour (and then making them tameable) wouldn't affect anything.
Damn, I forgot, the ones at the docks ARE already tameable. A second colour could be added to them I guess.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Wain wrote:but I think you're right that the Iron Docks in Tanaan is probably the best. The clefthooves there aren't currently tameable so changing their colour (and then making them tameable) wouldn't affect anything.
Damn, I forgot, the ones at the docks ARE already tameable. A second colour could be added to them I guess.

Yes, maybe just have them spawn in multiple colours. :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There isn't an NPC that allows you to relive previous quest instances is there? Just thinking that if you could relive the legendary stuff in northern Talador then maybe that clefthoof might still exist...

Unlikely, I know, but that kind of thing seemed familiar.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Yikes... how did we all miss this? Thankfully I found my "Nakk Jr." sitting safe in my stables. Hopefully the color gets re-added at some point.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I named mine Rusty and I love him. I feel bad if people can't get that look anymore. I'm sure it'll return somewhere :)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:There isn't an NPC that allows you to relive previous quest instances is there? Just thinking that if you could relive the legendary stuff in northern Talador then maybe that clefthoof might still exist...

Unlikely, I know, but that kind of thing seemed familiar.
I don't believe there's one in Talador, but there is one on the edge of the Blasted Lands near Swamp of Sorrows named Zidormi - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=88206/zidormi. She allows you to see the "Pre-WoD" version of the zone." It's an interesting idea to put an NPC in if there isn't another one already around and for some reason you can't introduce Warbeasts into Tanaan for some reason (lore?). I don't know if that's easier than just switching out to a different colored pet. Something to consider anyway.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I have it stabled on my 'Laughing Skull' character but wanted it on my 'warsong' orc. Oh well, I think I don't want to do 3 orc hunters anyways, since I can't make any frostwolf transmog that pleases me.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They've been adding NPCs to some of the parts of Draenor that required flying, but I haven't seen any new beasts or signs of the missing clefthoof anywhere yet. Is anyone else looking? :)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:They've been adding NPCs to some of the parts of Draenor that required flying, but I haven't seen any new beasts or signs of the missing clefthoof anywhere yet. Is anyone else looking? :)
I've been checking after the server reset each week. Nothing so far. Here's hoping that this week brings our Grom'kar back ... :|
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So this beast MAY appear on Tanaan. Perhaps just on the PTR but I'm not sure.

If you go to the Grom'kar Warbeast page on Wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85537/gromkar-warbeast
... and switch the map to Tanaan Jungle you'll see it's been tracked on a section of the Iron Docks. It seems to follow a path on the western side of the docks, from the cannon up on the north-western rise and down to the open area with a big circle on it just below. Note that this is a different part of the docks to where the Emberhides are, so it's not using their spawn locations.

I've checked on the PTR and seen none, so it might be an irregular or rare spawn.

The problem is I'm not sure if this data is fresh or old. Perhaps it dates back to the previous PTR and never made it to live :/ Or perhaps it even exists on live but is so rare that nobody caught it. Please keep an eye out anyway!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmm, on closer inspection the path described on the Wowhead map looks a little out. It looks like it's partially up the top of the cliffs and partially down the bottom by the cannon. Maybe the dots are a little out, but otherwise I feel that this may be bad data. Maybe it's because the beasts were so close to Tanaan in the first place and some registered for that zone and gave bad placement values. Or something, I don't know, grasping at straws here. :/

I've been parked on the PTR for a few hours and had no luck seeing one, anyway. I kill stuff that patrols the same area.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

I think it might be bad data, at least on the Tanaan part. It's putting them in Ruins of Kra'nak on the Tanaan side, which makes no sense. They should technically be where the Iron Front is, because that's where Path of Glory comes out. It's really looking like this might be a case of disappearing Clefthooves.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Torachi wrote:I think it might be bad data, at least on the Tanaan part. It's putting them in Ruins of Kra'nak on the Tanaan side, which makes no sense. They should technically be where the Iron Front is, because that's where Path of Glory comes out. It's really looking like this might be a case of disappearing Clefthooves.
I think you're right :( I got excited at first but on closer inspection it started to look a bit off. I've seen this before with Wowhead data, where something is close to the border and it's gotten the zone confused and sent it bad coordinates.

I'm going to post a request to the PTR forum. It's probably too late but can't hurt to ask. I'll post a link to it when I do...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK I've posted a request on the 6.2.2 forum for the Grom'kar Warbeast to be added to one of the newly-opened sections of Tanaan Jungle. If you'd like to please post in support, the thread is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18706413163#1

If you haven't been following the PTR, there are a few areas that are now accessible with flying that weren't before, so they populated them with a few NPCs (including rares). The Warbeast could be added to one of these without affecting existing gameplay. The non-instanced courtyard of Hellfire is one of these and is probably the most fitting since it's a martial area.

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Are you required to be on the PTR to post in that section? Because I'll add my own plea to put these guys back in, too, if you don't have to actively be on the PTR to post on the PTR forum. I need to get it again, but 28gb is going to take at least 5 hours for me to download. x.x

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)