Curious-anyone seen a bug with Gara and boosted toons?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Curious-anyone seen a bug with Gara and boosted toons?

Unread post by Shade »

Tonight in my general chat in Shadowmoon Valley, I came across a newly boosted 100 toon who was trying to tame Gara but having trouble. They'd done the steps right to get the berries, had those in hand but they could not get Gara to talk to them, and yes they were in BM spec, but the option to show Gara the berries was not there.

I read around and dug around some on the forums but could only find posts from 2014 and the like about trouble with boosted hunters and taming in general, or bugs in the Gara tame with her dying before they could tame them-not anything really like what this hunter was experiencing. I did suggest some of the fixes that people in the boards reported helpful (switching specs back and forth, hitting an instance to make sure all abilities are there or making sure they finished all of the introduction quest lines for a boosted toon, etc).

We were not able to determine a solution that worked in the time that I was online talking to them (I needed to get off as I have get to work early tomorrow)-and I am curious to see if anyone else has come across this problem? I am pretty curious because I am pretty certain that when my best friend pre-orders Legion she will be boosting another hunter and may come across the same problem (As Gara has become her favorite pet).

So thoughts, fellow hunters?
Dakender
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Madoran

Re: Curious-anyone seen a bug with Gara and boosted toons?

Unread post by Dakender »

Have not seen the bug here. I have boosted 2 hunters now on live, and have done the quest on all 3 servers on Alpha (All Boosted Toons).

Maybe try skipping to the next step? Maybe they flagged as already doing it...