Extremely Frustrating Pet/Spec Change :/

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Extremely Frustrating Pet/Spec Change :/

Unread post by Maizou »

Anyone else notice it?

Previously, pets had their own individual spec. So, for instance, my Crane was my tank pet, and my Nether Ray or my Serpent was my DPS pet.

Now? Pets SHARE their spec. If one pet is set to Tenacity? If you dismiss and summon a new pet? That pet will be tenacity regardless of what you dismissed it as. :/

I really dislike this. What do you guys think?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Extremely Frustrating Pet/Spec Change :/

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah that and the fact my pet can't tank more than 2 mobs at once. :| :mrgreen:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Ugh, are you serious? This seems like another one of those "streamlined" changes that actually just makes things frustrating.

"We changed this so newer players would stop wondering why they did less DPS after switching pets!" :(
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

well that just shts...I keep a pet on tenacity so I can quickly switch to a tank pet when I need one...Fck there's a few changes they made that I am pretty unhappy with.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can see why you dislike it, though at least in this case it's a 5-second fix, but at first it'll be easy to forget to check the spec each time.

It's an accumulation of what I consider really poor judgement and attention from the class designers that is turning me off. My only other main character is an enhancement shaman and so far I'm disliking that too, but I'm giving it a couple of days. Beast Mastery is most definitely a lot worse. We're really lucky that tameable pets are being handled by enthusiastic designers in the world / area team (or whatever it's called!). I'd hate to think what we'd have to tame if it was just up to the class designers.

To be honest I'm about a week away from unsubbing for the first time since I started playing. I'm simply really not enjoying playing my characters at all, and it seems they've made class redesign a huge feature of the expansion. And it's not like these are first-week teething problems, which are to be expected... these are issues that have been ignored all the way back to Alpha.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This became extremely annoying yesterday when going between LFR and questing. Kept have to stop and make sure my worm was reset back to tenacity before leaving the raid to ensure I don't get pummeled by five mobs at one time.
I get why they did it sure. But.

Like Wain said why bother resubbing for such a broken class.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

is there a thread on the forums for this? I tried looking but didn't see anything, was wondering if anyone had seen one were we could voice our concerns at this...change.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Someone could make a post in the bug reports, and hope it's a bug, but I'm not going to, cause I'm assuming it's meant to be an intended change. If someone posts one though and links it, I'll gladly voice my opinion.
Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Bheleu »

When I came across this after the patch I immediately submitted it as a bug through the in game tool. After I did some looking and found that it seems to be intentional. I'm all in favor of flooding them with bug/suggestion reports with all of the stupid in the new patch. Been SV forever on all my hunters (Five 100's and one level 90). I'm trying MM, but like Wain said, first time I've really considered unsubbing....

Bheleu
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

I... never actually noticed it was doing that, how irritating. Bad enough even as a tank my pet loses aggro and folds like paper when they're actually meant to tank as either that health bug is back or somehow they're going down in two seconds when before I barely needed to heal on the shatt rare with imps.

You do have to love Blizzard's love of fiddling and breaking everything.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I...I thought that was a bug. I made a bug report about it actually. I'm livid about the changes they've made. They're so shoddy, careless and downright rude. I will not give up my hunters, but I hate what Blizzard did them. It's atrocious.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah I noticed it too and didn't like that at all. I like having it different for different pets. :/

BM is ugh....at least SV is fun.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

It's almost as if... Blizzard is doing it on purpose!
As if they... WANT WoW to die.

Were I prone to conspiracy-thinking, I'd almost think this was Blizzard's way of dropping WoW so they can work on something updated.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Sukurachi wrote:It's almost as if... Blizzard is doing it on purpose!
As if they... WANT WoW to die.

Were I prone to conspiracy-thinking, I'd almost think this was Blizzard's way of dropping WoW so they can work on something updated.
You are not the only one who wondered that. Like a kid that's tired of doing dishes, so they break a plate so they don't have to wash any more.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

As they say. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
I don't feel they're trying to kill off WoW. They're still making too much money off it so it's not going anywhere.
I do feel that they are trying to make the game easy per say. I think they want new blood who won't become bored quickly and want to learn everything at lightning speed.
Sad part is ............................ they killed classes in doing this and as such have basically pushed the old guard away.
Like being married to the same person who you're in love with only to have them tell you "Babe. While I still love you. You're looking and feeling old. We should get you plastic surgery!!! Change EVERYTHING! Bottom to top".
Not sure about it anyone else but that offends and upsets me just typing it but that is how it feels to me.
The game I fell in love with has had some major plastic surgery and no longer feels or looks the same in some respects. My pets are all the same. No talents. No special attacks. I despise the I have to change my tank pets BACK to tenacity EVERY FREAKING TIME.

Sad part is. I am now stuck with a sub for another month because I forgot to cancel it last night.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!