Mana Wyrm mistakes?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Mana Wyrm mistakes?

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Er...I'm not sure anyone else posted about this. but when I went to get myself a Silver Mana Wyrm model...I checked both the Mana Snappers/Feeders and they don't seem to have the model? Is that a future release or a glitch?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Mana Wyrm mistakes?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Intentional. The old ones retain the old model. Only the new ones in the Broken Isles have the new model, and sadly only the silver one :(
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Valnaaros wrote:Intentional. The old ones retain the old model. Only the new ones in the Broken Isles have the new model, and sadly only the silver one :(
Is this intentional for sure? Because according to Petopia the new models replace all older ones and are showing all to be available now? If that is truly the case then the web page needs changed to reflect that. They all show up on this list.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/prelegion.php

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

N'jala wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Intentional. The old ones retain the old model. Only the new ones in the Broken Isles have the new model, and sadly only the silver one :(
Is this intentional for sure? Because according to Petopia the new models replace all older ones and are showing all to be available now? If that is truly the case then the web page needs changed to reflect that. They all show up on this list.

The wording might seem a bit off, but that list is just for "new looks" coming in the pre-patch. If you look under each family it says whether or not the new model is replacing the old one.

Ex:
Bears

Replacement looks : these appearances replace the previous looks on most existing bears.
The families that have the new appearances replacing the old appearances are the listed Bears, Birds of Prey, Carrion Birds, and Core Hounds. If the family doesn't say "Replacement Looks" under it, then the old model is staying, it's just a "new tameable" that came with the patch.

The old mana wyrms are not being replaced. The new model will only be in Legion/Broken Isles.

Silivren

Rikaku wrote:
N'jala wrote:

The wording might seem a bit off, but that list is just for "new looks" coming in the pre-patch. If you look under each family it says whether or not the new model is replacing the old one.

Ex:
Bears

Replacement looks : these appearances replace the previous looks on most existing bears.
The families that have the new appearances replacing the old appearances are the listed Bears, Birds of Prey, Carrion Birds, and Core Hounds. If the family doesn't say "Replacement Looks" under it, then the old model is staying, it's just a "new tameable" that came with the patch.

The old mana wyrms are not being replaced. The new model will only be in Legion/Broken Isles.
Mm yes that is extremely confusing, considering it shows the model available in the pre-patch, otherwise I would think it would be classified as available in Legion. But then again it is also confusing because underneath each of the pictures it shows them as tamable. Which to most people would lead them to believe they can get the model now. I do still think the wording should be changed/it should be moved to available in Legion to avoid confusion.

Edit - Especially because under the New Looks title this can be read -New tameable appearances now available in the Legion PRE-expansion patch.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

N'jala wrote: Mm yes that is extremely confusing, considering it shows the model available in the pre-patch, otherwise I would think it would be classified as available in Legion. But then again it is also confusing because underneath each of the pictures it shows them as tamable. Which to most people would lead them to believe they can get the model now. I do still think the wording should be changed/it should be moved to available in Legion to avoid confusion.

Edit - Especially because under the New Looks title this can be read -New tameable appearances now available in the Legion PRE-expansion patch.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. The model shown is available in the pre-patch though. The ones shown on that page are the old Mana Wyrm models. The old models are available, I've gone out and tamed one myself, so they are available.

These ones are available currently:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/prelegion.php#fam_Serpents

Which have a model like this one in various colors:

If you click the link for the "full Legion release" appearances, you'll see there is a new model "Greater Mana Wyrm". It's very similar, but a higher res model of the Mana Wyrms first introduced in TBC. These models will only be available in Broken Isles with the full Legion release.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=manawurm2sliver

Which have a model like this one (possible various colors):
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silivren

Rikaku wrote:
N'jala wrote: Mm yes that is extremely confusing, considering it shows the model available in the pre-patch, otherwise I would think it would be classified as available in Legion. But then again it is also confusing because underneath each of the pictures it shows them as tamable. Which to most people would lead them to believe they can get the model now. I do still think the wording should be changed/it should be moved to available in Legion to avoid confusion.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. The model shown is available in the pre-patch though. The ones shown on that page are the old Mana Wyrm models. The old models are available, I've gone out and tamed one myself, so they are available.

These ones are available currently:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/prelegion.php#fam_Serpents

If you click the link for the "full Legion release" appearances, you'll see there is a new model "Greater Mana Wyrm". It's very similar, but a higher res model of the Mana Wyrms first introduced in TBC. These models will only be available in Broken Isles with the full Legion release.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=manawurm2sliver
Wait then why are these listed? Are they new colors? I know I've seen quite a few of these before. Which is what is confusing to me that if they're not new why are they showing as just now being available? o.O

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

N'jala wrote: Wait then why are these listed? Are they new colors? I know I've seen quite a few of these before. Which is what is confusing to me that if they're not new why are they showing as just now being available? o.O
Because prior to the patch, Mana-Wyrms weren't a tameable model of the "Serpent" family. The patch changed their status, allowing Hunters to tame them under "Serpent" family. So they're technically "new things to tame" but not "new to the game".

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Exactly, these are new tameable looks because none has ever been tameable before. The picture shows the look, which is an original mana wyrm, so I'm not sure how this could be misleading.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.