Hati size bug

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Hati size bug

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

I know that some people were mentioning it in a different thread, but it looks like there are some instances in which Hati not only copies a pet's appearance, but their pre-tamed size as well. This happened to me last night.

Had to relog while running ToT last night because the last warp pad bugged out on me. When I logged back in...well, Hati was a little larger. He's stayed this way through teleporting and flight paths.

Rebcart
Realm: Mug'thol

Re: Hati size bug

Unread post by Rebcart »

oh god, Looks like you were right, I wonder if this works with Terokkarantula

EDIT: For anyone wondering, it was easy. Using Essence Swapper on King Krush pet while in Throne of Thunder, then relogging. Unsure if other instances / raids allow this effect, or if other pets keep their NPC size.

rebcart.com
Rebcart

Unread post by Rebcart »

So i just went into SoO LFR to tame Thok...

I tamed him, he retained his huge size.
I use Essence Swapper, it made Hati the same size
I broke the game.

EDIT: Leaving SoO reverts the TAMED pet to normal pet size, but the Hati version is still large.

rebcart.com
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

So let me get this straight.

You have a MASSIVE Thok-Hati.

Who walks instead of runs.

AND has the footstomps?

That's too much for me. :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rebcart

Unread post by Rebcart »

It looks like relogging in a non-raid will reset your Hati to normal size, but you can redo the glitch just fine.
Sucks.
rebcart.com
Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

So is this client-side, or server-side?

Edit: Most definitely server-side

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Also, and this is infuriating, Hati-mogs that copy stomping pets resume stomping. There was someone in the AH just the other night legitimately just running around in circles to make their 'mogged Hati (which I think was Thok, albeit not giant Thok) go STOMPASTOMPASTOMPASTOMPASTOMPA just to annoy people trying to use the AH. It's the same griefing tactic as the priests that'd put up that 'vacuum cleaner' sounding chakra buff and just idle in the AH with it going.

Also it ensures I'm never gonna mog a core hound or devilsaur or anything like that because I cannot bear the thought of living with the constant stomping.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope

Nachtwulf wrote:Also, and this is infuriating, Hati-mogs that copy stomping pets resume stomping. There was someone in the AH just the other night legitimately just running around in circles to make their 'mogged Hati (which I think was Thok, albeit not giant Thok) go STOMPASTOMPASTOMPASTOMPASTOMPA just to annoy people trying to use the AH. It's the same griefing tactic as the priests that'd put up that 'vacuum cleaner' sounding chakra buff and just idle in the AH with it going.

Also it ensures I'm never gonna mog a core hound or devilsaur or anything like that because I cannot bear the thought of living with the constant stomping.
It's definitely Thok. I believe JUST Thok who does that.

There's someone on one of my servers who does that in the lodge. It's obnoxious.

YouTube Edition

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think I've heard a core hound do it too. Could someone test? (It might just be a certain one for that matter). Still not 110 so I can't try it myself.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I know Thok does it, as does one of the Corehounds (one of the felfire ones and Chromaggus used to). If you see the sound bug though, I would just put in a bug report. The EXTRA LOUD NORMAL THOK STOMP is probably a bug, since in the past when Hunter pets kept their original "RAID BOSS SOUND LEVELS", it was nerfed. It reminds me of when we got Corehounds for the first time. I remember all the Hunters went out and tamed one and you could easily be in Mage district and hear the Hunters' pets from across Stormwind when they were at the training dummies in the SI:7/PvP area.

Not that I'm "NO FUN ALLOWED" or anything, but it does strike me as a bug considering actual tamed Thok as an active pet does not produce that sound level of STOMP, but Hati-Thok does XD

Kalliope

Rikaku wrote:I know Thok does it, as does one of the Corehounds (one of the felfire ones and Chromaggus used to). If you see the sound bug though, I would just put in a bug report. The EXTRA LOUD NORMAL THOK STOMP is probably a bug, since in the past when Hunter pets kept their original "RAID BOSS SOUND LEVELS", it was nerfed. It reminds me of when we got Corehounds for the first time. I remember all the Hunters went out and tamed one and you could easily be in Mage district and hear the Hunters' pets from across Stormwind when they were at the training dummies in the SI:7/PvP area.

Not that I'm "NO FUN ALLOWED" or anything, but it does strike me as a bug considering actual tamed Thok as an active pet does not produce that sound level of STOMP, but Hati-Thok does XD
There's a difference between "NO FUN ALLOWED" and "I would like to not get a migraine from playing this game." :lol:

As you said, the stomp doesn't have to go away completely; it's that the SUPER LOUD BOSS LEVEL STOMP needs to.

YouTube Edition

Greentalon
Realm: Jubei'Thos

Unread post by Greentalon »

Unfortunately all my preferred essence swap's are big'uns and a lot of them have that stomp and it's soooo bad.

Thok, Direhorns, Kodos, Hydras... I'm having an identity crisis because all my big guys can't come out and play without causing a barrage of ear splitting stomps.
Kalliope

I was wrong. Definitely not just Thok.

Heard one of the MoP era devilsaurs stomping around as Hati earlier. :/

YouTube Edition

Saube
Realm: Mok"Nathal

Unread post by Saube »

here is Hati as Uvuros
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101616_134909.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_101616_134909.jpeg (997.6 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

While not gigantic, those of us who still have our baby Direhorns should do it too. Minipet Direhorn Hati is cute.

I'm also trying to find the smallest pets, and I can only recall the Corpse Scarabs from Naxx. What are some other small and large wild beasts?

EDIT: Corpse Scarab becomes pretty large when essence swapped onto Hati. It's taller than a female Draenei.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Something has definitely gone wrong and Hati swaps are much larger than what they should be (for some) or were for some swaps just a few days ago. To me, it looks like Hati will become whatever size the pet was in the wild, but that doesn't seem accurate either because some of the Hati devilsaurs I've seen are MUCH larger than any wild devilsaur or Thok is pre-tame @_@

I got the item because I thought it'd be fun to play with outside of cities (as long as I didn't cover any one's FP, vendor or mailbox or similar important thing). But Loque Hati isn't too huge, but fun. Most mana sabers seem to be larger but not "OMG". Plus no stomps. (Sorry Thok-Hati, you're just too loud for me and others)'

But I think I found my favorite Hati swap, the Grimtotem Spirit Guide. Using it on Grimm, my Hati became the same size that the wild GSG once were - Itty bitty!

I'll probably swap him to something like mana wyrm whenever I pvp, just because tiny Ghost wolf Hati is small and hard to see, so I feel it wouldn't be fair. But otherwise, tiny wolf is so cute ;_; <3
Attachments
Loque_Hati.jpg
Loque_Hati.jpg (354.52 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
Grimtotem_Hati.jpg
Grimtotem_Hati.jpg (222.44 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
tiny_hati.jpg
tiny_hati.jpg (323.23 KiB) Viewed 3660 times

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Don't abuse this people please. As of 10-16-2016 it looks like blizzard is giving us this perk for now. Atm all pets skinned to hati go back to the pretamed size small or big. And does it every single time now instead of randomly like it did before. So please let them not regret giving this to us if they did. So far it looks intentional for now. Please don't ruin Jurassic park thok and what not.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I seriously doubt this was /is intended Takanuka. More than likely they've not got around to fixing it yet. I have a sneaking suspicion though a lot of things are going to be fixed for 7.1. Which I believes drops next week on the 25th?
But there is NO WAY this is intended. There would probably be some serious player outrage if giant pets like this were allowed to remain. Just like how PvP-ers went ballistic with tiny pets and some of the glitch tames.
Best advised to enjoy it while it lasts because I have a feeling it will be hotfixed.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Honestly? I hope they do fix it. I'm tired of the hunter hall being nothing but wall-to-wall ginormous pets and stomping. I'm tired of not being able to see the auctioneers or other NPCs because of people parking their giant pets on them. If this was something that happened out in the world ONLY I'd probably feel differently, but given that raid-boss-sized pets are in the way of my gaming basically every time I'm in a populated area of any sort, I will NOT cry to see them go. They could patch this tomorrow and I'd cheer. I'm WAY over it.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This is going to sound like the biggest a-hole thing to say ever but if a player EVER thinks something regarding a pet is intentional ask a dev on Twitter. If the mere thought of this idea gives your anxiety you're going to lose it then it's probably not intentional for the pet or Hati to be that way. :?
And I agree with Nacht 100%

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!