Hati size bug

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Hati size bug

Unread post by Rikaku »

I agree with both of you, Nact and Zed!

Admittedly, I do love playing with some of my larger pets (but not the raid-boss sized ones like Thok), I have gone lengths to make sure when I'm in cities or dungeons or bgs that my Hati is a more 'standard size' skin to not annoy other players or their enjoyment.

Unfortunately, judging by the state of my server's SW AH, I seem to be outnumbered in that goal @_@

I do hope, and expect, it to be fixed. While some parts of it are cool, it's clearly not intended.

That said, however, I hope when it's fixed, they fix the Hati-stomping permanently. For me, Hati-Thok (no matter what size, pre-bug and post-bug) have the most awful stomp sounds. And when Hati-Thok is normal-pet size, he does the stomp even more frequently because of Hati's messed up power-walk animation. STOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMP is all I've heard since Legion launch, and it didn't take a giant devilsaur to do it either, some corehounds do too.

But, I just take it in stride. The bug will be fixed (according to some alleged GM conversations players have had regarding the issue on the US forums, it's coming with 7.1 patch), though sadly I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Hati-bugs.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I absolutely loathe the larger-sized pets.
Even those that aren't "super" large.
My mana wyrm was much bigger than the wild model I had just tamed. And it was taking up too much real-estate on my screen.
I tried using Karoma (spirit wolf) and he was ridiculously over-sized.

If I am going to have two pets, I would like them to be of equal size if they are the same animal.

And count me as another who is absolutely SICK of people parking Godzilla on top of a flight NPC or in doorways.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Looks like this may have already been fixed. Just using "Call Pet" and my small Teroclaw Hatchling is now regular size, along with the other pets. The only pets that still seem a bit larger than 'standard' are the Devilsaurs like Thok. But Thok still has his LOUD stomping.

I still see a few players with some large Hati-Loque's, but it looks like if the pet despawns, it will reset to regular size. But I haven't seen any giant pets at all since this afternoon.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Really do hope it's fixed already. I don't actually mind seeing people with huge pets, as long as they park them out of the way and don't drag them into dungeons. Sadly people think it's funny to park them on FPs, quest NPCs, etc.

The Thok stomp is irritating simple because of the volume. I have no idea how people with the pet put up with it!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I just tried my teroclaw hatchling about a half hour ago and it was still halfway between the regular tamed pet and the battle-pet.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

@peanutbuttercup

Usually they're people who have their sounds completely off. Same with the ones who keep the sunflower out in the AH, or (used to be) priests with that chakra-vacuum pre-cast going the whole time you're trying to AH. There's a certain portion of the playerbase that loves NOTHING MORE than to make the most obnoxious noise they possibly can, while they themselves have the game sound muted.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Nachtwulf wrote:@peanutbuttercup

Usually they're people who have their sounds completely off. Same with the ones who keep the sunflower out in the AH, or (used to be) priests with that chakra-vacuum pre-cast going the whole time you're trying to AH. There's a certain portion of the playerbase that loves NOTHING MORE than to make the most obnoxious noise they possibly can, while they themselves have the game sound muted.
Oh, I get it - but it's just the stupidest thing. Even saw someone get kicked out of a guild raid for constantly using some whistle toy. In the same vein, I wish they'd stop making these sort of obnoxious toys since the only thing people do with them is run into the AH and blow all of them.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I was helping some guildmates' alts with a normal Cenarius at some point last week, and the other hunter in the group deliberately swapped their Hati from whatever they'd had prior to the run to Thok-Hati just before getting summoned (I ran past them en route to the FP and saw the swapper cast bar). They got angry at me when I asked them to swap away from it, and swapped to a (gigantic) core hound instead.

Anything that possibly can be abused, will be abused.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.