Question about Hati and Kill Command

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Question about Hati and Kill Command

Unread post by Kalliope »

In the Master of Beasts description, it says Hati benefits from Kill Command. But is his damage supposed to be equal to the main pet's? I'm seeing a 3:1 ratio in favor of my pet and I can't tell if it's because Hati's walking makes him lag further behind or if he's simply doing less damage.

Oddly enough, he seemed to be benefiting more from Jaws of Thunder (the nature damage bonus); the ratio was closer to 2:1. Beast Cleave was even more even; 3:2.

I know he's not supposed to be as powerful as our main pet (no focus dump ability), but I'm just curious if this is all intended behavior.

Anyone know?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Question about Hati and Kill Command

Unread post by Rawr »

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=214914/spiritbound is supposed to make Hati stronger but seeing as it increases all pet damage, I don't know how Hati will ever be equal to our main pet. :| :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

On AoE fights, my Dire Beasts out DPS Hati. I just got the Stormgod Multishot AoE trait, so I am suspecting that to go up, although the 20% proc chance is aggravating.

Hati's dps contribution was really surprisingly low to me, but then again, Hati is completely passive so it can't be too high right? Or maybe they could have lowered the damage of the main pet and sucked it into Hati once you get the Artifact. /shrug

Edit: The Hati walking thing is aggravating too. My pet dashes/charges in and so Beast Cleave or Stormgod AoE is good to go. 20 minutes later, Hati shows up to fight.
Kalliope

Good call on Spiritbound, though that only comes after maxing out everything else, right? That's a long time to wait. Plus, as you said, it buffs the other pets too.

I wish Blink Strikes ported both pets to the target. Then I'd spec back into that. Course, that would still be a band-aid on the problem that Hati is simply too haughty cautious to jump into combat immediately.

Stormgod has been a godsend! Even with Hati being slow. My AoE damage went from the bottom of the meters to the top with that. (In dungeons, anyway.)

YouTube Edition

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

It's intentional. Hati's Kill Command does 30% damage and Hati's Beast Cleave does 75% damage.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Kalliope

Bendak wrote:It's intentional. Hati's Kill Command does 30% damage and Hati's Beast Cleave does 75% damage.
Okay good! Just wanted to make sure.

Seeing the percentages worked out that way, it makes sense. Pet Kill Command is our strongest ability and AoE is where we're weaker, so it's appropriate getting more damage from Beast Cleave.

Thanks! :D

YouTube Edition