New permanent buffed pet : Swarm of bees

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Helzondre-culte
Realm: Culte de la Rive noire - Eu

New permanent buffed pet : Swarm of bees

Unread post by Helzondre-culte »

Hello Petopia community,

I just noticed that my larva pet (gorishi grub) had since yesterday a permanent visual buff + sound effect (it persist through death).
Currently, I still don't know where she got this "disease", all I can say is that I discovered this after doing a clean of Razorfen Down for transmogs (it's not legion content).

Video of the buff : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6b_0h9YQ4

In summary
- Permanent visual buff (swarm of bees + green plague) with sound effect (hive sound)
- Persist through death ; do not work with the essence swapper

How to get this visual buff
- I still don't have enough informations, but I have a few clues, I'll update soon.
- If you want to see the beast and have all the detailed informations, add Helzondre#2802 (euro realms, for US members, please PM on the forum)

Other pictures

As you can see on my friend picture, the bees are now an entity of the larva.

The buff persist through death

Best regards,
Helzondre - Culte de la Rive noire EU
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New permanent buffed pet : Swarm of bees

Unread post by Lisaara »

Please be sure it's not giving you any advantages. Buffs usually tend to do that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Helzondre-culte
Realm: Culte de la Rive noire - Eu

Unread post by Helzondre-culte »

Frisk wrote:Please be sure it's not giving you any advantages. Buffs usually tend to do that.
Hello, it seems to be only a visual/sound buff effect (does not improve the dps at all).
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Alright. Huh. Weird that it didn't go away. I dont remember anything giving such a buff either. Not many do.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Interesting. It's probably some sort of nature spell cast by the quilboar. I don't remember any bees though last I was in there. I know in Tarren Mill during the invasions on a table you could pick up a jar that you could throw and a swarm of bees would attack.
Cool find.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

You look like you PVP (and at higher levels) with your smexy flaming green crossbow, so my guess, she got it from an unholy DK's artifact "Death" effect.

Similar to that which was reported about the fire mages "Burnt/Burning" artifact "Death" effect not that long ago as well. People have not been able to replicate these from what I have seen, it's all rather glitchy.

People have been reporting a few random visual glitches in the wow matrix that seem to stick around after death, yet do not know how to replicate them or even how they came about. Another case HERE of a burning bear paws with no proper source or much info.

Frisk wrote:Please be sure it's not giving you any advantages. Buffs usually tend to do that.
If you have a look at Couchette's frame in the 2nd pic, she has no buff attached to her which have always been the issue with other prior "Advantage" buffs and the likes, it's looks like it's something else entirely.

My guess is that these new visual buffs are only ever added after the death of the pet. Blizzard have gone through so many reiterations of wiping/clearing things off pets over the years there are so very few ways for something the sneak through and remain now.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I just happened to notice that the Skywhisker Scrappers that spawn with the rare Skullhat in Highmountain have this exact effect on them, along with a buff/debuff called Stench. Unfortunately while it does cause a player to take damage while near them, the effect on the player does not look the same, nor does it seem to affect pets. :/
Muzzie
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Muzzie »

It isn't from the DK or Fire mage artifact effects- I can confirm those don't persist through rez.