"Demon" spiders

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

"Demon" spiders

Unread post by Xota »

Is there a twitter or particular channel we should direct requests too? Because after seeing that blizz didn't add in herd animals for a long time because of not knowing what to do for "feed pet" for them, I'm not sure all their rational are 100% thought out.

My understanding is that "demon" spiders won't be tameable because they come from Aranasi (demon spiders). But there's a bunch of leyline spiders in Falanaar that are from the old Arcan'dor exploding. And the quest guy explains that the arcan'dor is a fusion of balance and nature magic, and they explode when the arcane gets too strong. So storywise, it seems the leyline spiders have noting to do with fel magic or the legion, even thought they're flagged as demons.

I probably wouldn't tame one (still waiting for a HD tarantula) but I expect a number of other people would.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: "Demon" spiders

Unread post by Wain »

I agree. The model is used for at least two types of creatures with entirely unrelated origins, but they have been blanket-labelled as demons. It doesn't seem right. I can ask again. It can't hurt I guess.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: "Demon" spiders

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The ones in Suramar that were created by the Arcandor are, basically, baby Fal'dorei. Once they get older, they'll grow Elven upper bodies.