A PvP tip for those who do AV (Horde only)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

A PvP tip for those who do AV (Horde only)

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

Hey guys,

So not 100% on this yet but I'm fairly sure and confident in telling those of you who still enjoy playing Alterac Valley that your pet can be of fairly good use, atleast one specific pet type.

DIREHORNS!

How? That's what I see people asking "Direhorns aren't anything special man" correct. By no means are they special pets with exotic abilities. Here's where they do provide a utility purpose, Belinda is a spell caster, She doesn't constantly spell cast.

Direhorns have an ability called "Reflective Armor Plating"so those of you who don't know off the top of your head what that does it "Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 sec" It's on a 30 second cooldown. I know this doesn't seem like something huge for those of you who do have one.

And to be quite frank it's rather hard to test it as most groups I get the majority of the people go straight to belinda, normally meaning a tank with better taunts then my pet can hold and she's not targeting my pet. But from what I have seen a few times, she is incapable of hitting your direhorn through the spell reflect which is odd, cause she is a boss.

If a few more people could try testing this it would be helpful, I know it seems like such a small tip but I like to help where I still can as I don't raid anymore, and I find direhorns to be pretty cool.

Post any other tips here for other BG's if you would please. It does help alot for the few people who choose to try to help where they can even if your not a tank or healer .

Happy hunting my friends :)

-Rippir

Edit: I only put (Horde only) in the title as I am unaware off the top of my head if Drek is a caster so if it is applicable to both sides. Will attempt to find out.

Edit 2: Galv is not a caster, just had to re verify.