Bound Prowler visual effect pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lomenta
Realm: Saurfang

Bound Prowler visual effect pet

Unread post by Lomenta »

Hi all, longtime lurker and pet hoarder. Just thought I'd report in with some info on a visual effect pet I've been working on!

I've managed to Griff-tame a Bound Prowler which is summoned by Hexweaver Akara in Highmountain (46,50).

These cats lose their spell effect when tamed normally, but retain the effect when they die in the wild. I was grinding for about three hours, timing the end of my tame to coincide with the scripted deaths of the cats. The method I used for the tame was:

1. Cast Concussive Shot on Hexweaver Akara
2. Start a timer at the very end of her cast of Shadow Bond
3. Feign death, then get up again after 1 second (this is to allow the cats to get off a Rend on me so as to not disrupt the auto-death time)
4. Cast Tame Beast once the timer reaches about 9.5 - 10 seconds after Hexweaver finishes her cast of Shadow Bond. Haste might affect your cast time so you'll probably need to tailor this timer to suit after a few tests.

I was able to get the cat with transparency two times but the effect faded off soon after, possibly when the cat automatically prowled? The third time, once the tame was over I immediately sent my pet to attack Hexweaver before Prowl was used. I then put it on submissive before it aggroed her. After that, it kept its transparent visual effect while tamed, even though it cast Prowl again after. I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with how I was able to get the effect to remain! But you can see in the attached screenshots the cat in Prowl with the transparent effect still intact.

However, when dismissed the tamed Bound Prowler lost its spell effect. I have yet to see what happens when it dies, but I'll keep working on it.

I was hoping that using the Essence Swapper on it would transfer the look to Hati, but as you can see from the screenshots attached that it didn't. :(

If anybody can think of any way to get the look permanently, or any other shenanigans to try, do share! I'll keep testing it out.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102216_230251.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102216_230251.jpg (325.8 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WoWScrnShot_102216_230210.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102216_230210.jpg (353.82 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WoWScrnShot_102216_232811.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102216_232811.jpg (352.43 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WoWScrnShot_102216_230116.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102216_230116.jpg (253.66 KiB) Viewed 627 times