Dire Beast Summoned Druid Cat Form?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Dire Beast Summoned Druid Cat Form?

Unread post by Rikaku »

So today I was on my druid alt, leveling in Stormheim. I was chilling in Valdisdall when I saw a BM Hunter killing the ravens near the cemetery. I didn't think much of it until I saw a druid-cat helping him kill stuff. I thought it was a player til I realized that it didn't have a name above it (I have pet names turned off). I hoved over it and sure enough, it said "Beast" and "X's Guardian".

I did get the Hunter's name, but I don't want to post it publicly without permission.

But this druid cat form definitely was his Dire Beast, because after the time it despawned.

I was in such a rush, I thought I hit my screenshot button, but apparently I did not X_x But the druid cat form was the "Night Elf" druid cat non-artifact version. It was the dark purple/nearly black variation (like if you have dark blue hair color character).

I've never seen this happen before. I followed the Hunter to see if it happened again, but he went into an area that was phased to me and I lost him. I looked him up on armory, and none of their pets are even cats, let alone a druid form (so I know it wasn't Dire Beast glyph acting up).

Now I know I've seen the Dire Beast summon untameables before, but never a druid form o_O

Anyone else ever see anything like this?

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Dire Beast Summoned Druid Cat Form?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yeah, I see this happen on occasion. It's weird!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kalliope wrote:Yeah, I see this happen on occasion. It's weird!

Actually, when you saw it, was it in Stormheim too?

I just came across the rare bear in Stormheim (which is untameable) that uses the Night Elf Druid bear non-artifact form. And actually, the color of the bear is the same "black/dark" color you get with the dark blue hair color character, just like the druid cat dire beast I saw. I know Dire Beast summons beasts from the area, so actually I wonder if it's because of this bear rare spawn that the game also selected Night Elf "dark" druid non-artifact forms to show up for dire beast.

I could be way off, but it made me wonder XD

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I've had it happen once or twice as well, though I can't remember which zone I was in :<. The druid that had spawned for me, however, was pink/purple? (Like the guy in the middle here.)

Here's the bear NPC - Mordvigbjorn

(Not my picture.)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rikaku wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Yeah, I see this happen on occasion. It's weird!

Actually, when you saw it, was it in Stormheim too?

I just came across the rare bear in Stormheim (which is untameable) that uses the Night Elf Druid bear non-artifact form. And actually, the color of the bear is the same "black/dark" color you get with the dark blue hair color character, just like the druid cat dire beast I saw. I know Dire Beast summons beasts from the area, so actually I wonder if it's because of this bear rare spawn that the game also selected Night Elf "dark" druid non-artifact forms to show up for dire beast.

I could be way off, but it made me wonder XD
Usually in Val'sharah for me. I believe I've seen it happen in Suramar as well.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I've seen it before. I don't recall where though. Definitely odd.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

I haven't seen this specific one happening, but my guess would be that this is one of the "joke beasts" that Dire Beast has chance to summon. There seems to be very small chance that when ever one uses Dire Beast that it summons something "goofy": ones that I have seen over the years are baby-sized Direhorn, maggot and snail, so this one might be a joke on the whole "tameable druids" -thing.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

For me it has happened couple of times in Highmountain, by Nesingwary specifically. No more than half a dozen times altogether, though.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Aggannor wrote:I haven't seen this specific one happening, but my guess would be that this is one of the "joke beasts" that Dire Beast has chance to summon. There seems to be very small chance that when ever one uses Dire Beast that it summons something "goofy": ones that I have seen over the years are baby-sized Direhorn, maggot and snail, so this one might be a joke on the whole "tameable druids" -thing.

Crazy! Though I'm glad others have seen this! But I have honestly never seen any of the other ones mentioned above summoned. I even main BM, I wonder why I don't see these cool "beasts", lol! Is my Dire Beast call just not A-Game yet? XD

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I've had it happen quite often.

It's a bug with "Glyph of Dire Stable" - I think it happens when the game attempts to call a beast from one of your empty stable slots, as it has become muuuuch less common as my stable has filled up with mechanical pets.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

It is a bug with the glyph. I think it has to do with the game sometimes not being able to load our pets. Like sometimes we get disconnected, and when we log back in our Call Pet icons are all whistles and we can't see what they are until we visit a stable master. My guess is that the druid cat form is a default placeholder in case the game can't load our pets from the stables for whatever reasons, just to make sure something comes out to attack.
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I was gonna say, it's related to DB's glyph. I have it on my main and I get that cat -all the time-. Which, you know... honestly, it's great, I think, haha. Moar cats.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket