Help!! Problem Taming a mechanical

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flingger
Realm: Echo Isles

Help!! Problem Taming a mechanical

Unread post by Flingger »

I am an engineer, so I have used the Mecha Bond Imprint Matrix that allows me to tame mechs. I have already tamed the mechanowolf in High Mountain. I got the electro key from Dweezil. I try to tame the Silver Arachno and it had a spell/buff on it called Flawed Programming. With that on it wont let me tame. I have tried taking it down to as low as 10% health and it doesnt drop off.
Anyone have any ideas? I cant find anything anywhere about Flawed Programming.

I am logged in the room with the spider with a key. Thanks.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Help!! Problem Taming a mechanical

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not sure what the problem could be. D: I tamed the Silver one myself without issue.

Once you have the key and activate the spider, you have to get it down to at least 30% health, and then it becomes tameable. It sounds like you're already doing that so I'm not sure why it's not letting you. Do you have a free pet slot? That's all I can really think of, unless something's just glitched with it. Perhaps get another key to drop and try again?
Flingger

I have 3 slots open just to make sure I had room. I have tried 4 times so far with the same results.
Do you need to do it solo maybe? My wife came with me to see for what needs done when her hunter is leveled.
Pentacle
Realm: auchindoun

Unread post by Pentacle »

I had the same issue when taming mine too but I got frustrated and accidentally killed the spider, so I waited a few minutes and it respawned after I dropped it below 30% hp the Flawed Programming buff went away and I was able to tame it. So try killing the first 1 then try the next one that spawns.
Flingger

I logged on this morning and tried again. This time i was successful. he flawed programming still never dropped off. Must have just been my bad luck screwing around again.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Flingger wrote:I logged on this morning and tried again. This time i was successful. he flawed programming still never dropped off. Must have just been my bad luck screwing around again.
I have 0 interest in mech pets currently on any of my hunters, despite enjoying their appearances. So, I was unable to add anything to the conversation. Happy to hear you got your spider finally, though! :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael