The perfect pet found!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
bikazig
Realm: Greymane

The perfect pet found!

Unread post by bikazig »

I thought id share a interesting story with everyone. Ever since i dual spec Survival i have had a certain problem for months now...finding that perfect pet for my survival spec. I could never find that one pet that caught my attention like Raiju(Skoll) did for me for my BM spec. I had plenty of pets..wolfs,cats,raptors,spiders, etc just about every type that could be tamed i tried it. Yesterday i made a post asking about sporebats they were one of the last i hadn't tried yet. Yesterday night a friend of mine asked me to run wailing caverns for them so i ran it pet less(yes pet less) after awhile i saw something blueish in a small opening. I ran in to see what it was thats when i saw it

(Note i did not take this pic it is the one from WoWhead)

It was it. The pet i had been looking for. I had always been fond of wind serpents just couldn't find one i liked. But this one was perfect it was a very beautiful pet and major plus was its skin color was my favorite color. Without a second thought i hit the tame button after i tamed him. I was so happy after finishing the run i sat in org for awhile and watched it i couldn't believe i finally got my perfect pet.

(This pic i did take this morning while doing dailies)

I named my new pet Vasuki based off the name of the king of nagas

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasuki if anyone is interested i know i know its wiki but meh <.<)

Any im extremely happy after all these months of hunting i finally found my perfect pet and thought i would share the story with you all =D
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: The perfect pet found!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Congratulations on the beautiful pet! ^^

It's rare to see the old-world wind serpents these days (in fact, I hardly see wind serpents at all, but when I do it's the Outland appearance). They are really gorgeous pets though, and I agree that the blue is particularly awesome looking.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Nice pic! That is a cool pet and he matches your weapon perfectly :D
Nalain
Realm: Kor'gall, Sylvanas

Unread post by Nalain »

I have that exact pet too!! I love her, she's so beautiful - named her Asherah =D Wind Serpents are so uncommon on my server, so whenever I group, I always get comments ^^
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I ran around with that one too for a while, but then I got http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mo ... blade.html, mostly because she was a rare, adn back then rares still had the elite tag.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Congrats on finding the perfect pet, hehe. Nothing beats finding a pet you love on accident.

And I agree, I never see wind serpents anymore. Not even OL models... heh.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Thats what taming is all about!

No stats, no technicalities, just love on first sight and living happily ever after... :lol:

GZ on this find.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Hey, your perfect pet and my perfect pet should be buddies!
While I really like the blue skin yours has, I've always loved the basic yellow skin more. ^o^

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I love finding that perfect pet. Sometimes all the stats are just right, the pet does its job perfectly, and everything is well done, but even so, the pets you tame just don't CLICK. You gotta have that click! Even if the stats, the math, and the spec don't really support its intended job (pvp, pve, soloing, etc), if it clicks for you, then that's all that matters :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Artume
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wildhammer EU

Unread post by Artume »

I've been to WC dozens of times and never noticed how great that serpent looks. The colours on the undersides of the wings really benefit from being seen in the daylight. Nice find!

I also discovered my perfect pet was from the Cunning class.

I've been Bloodsail-friendly since TBC, but it isn't very practical to wear the parrot-summoning hat while hunting. I was so happy when it was announced that Aotona would become not only tamable, but also available to those of us without 51 points in Beast Mastery. (I'm forever Marksman.)

I'm not sure how to display this pic, but if I include it as a URL, I know I'm safe from a copyright standpoint:

http://www4.printwarcraft.com/imageRefe ... terId=6350

I thought long and hard about a nautical name, but the way she looks longingly toward the (Howling) Fjords, I knew there was only one name for the blue birdy. She's Pining.
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Congratulations! Not every hunter is as lucky enough to stumble accidentally upon their perfect companion. I have to agree with everyone here - that skin is absolutely lovely. Best one out of the whole windserpent family, if you ask me. :)

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

Congrats. I do hope you have many adventures together :) I cant say I've found my perfect pet yet. I like too many! Haha. Though I think Loque'nahak is the closest to perfect I will get.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Space goat pirate with a giant parrot. Does life get better?

Charinda
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Charinda »

bikazig - this is THE weirdest post lol - Not only did I have the same windserpent a cpl of years ago ( traded him for a blue one in outlands) but mine was also name Vasuki after doing much research into names :) I always research my animals names before I name them.

Other pets in my stable are Humar that I've had since lvl 23 (now common :( ) - named Haidar - Arabic for Lion and it sounded cool.

Loque from the basin - named Loki ( because he was very tricky to find - he wound up literally being a Christmas present on Christmas morning of 2008)

Ironjaw - named Luke after my own dog (star wars fan )

And Uhk'loc - the white gorilla from un'goro - named BamBam
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Grats on the great find.

I felt the same way when I tamed Numeroc. I searched in vain for weeks along his flight path. After three very heart pounding attempts to catch him, I got him at 70. A two headed dragon-looking flying beast - what could be more cool? After a while though, the constant "wing" clipping and trouble clicking loot/targets around her, I had to stable her. I don't think I'll ever be able to dismiss her though...
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Charinda wrote:Ironjaw - named Luke after my own dog (star wars fan )
Your dog is a star wars fan? How cool is that!

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

i am one of those who love all pets ^^ as BM i got my kitty Renna i bumped accidently to her

So i have been with it ever since