[New Pet Family] Class hall mount bonus?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: [New Pet Family] Class hall mount bonus?

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:If hippogryphs are part of this new family, and while they haven't been announced it seems likely they would be, then keep an eye out for this new rare in the 7.1.5 database:
Lorthalium <Frayfeather Matriarch>
She's a rare that uses the purple and sparkly "arcane" hippogryph (non-mount) model. "Frayfeather" suggests she'll be in Feralas, but maybe not. There are a few other NPCs in the database that use the arcane model (Regal Cloudwing, Suramar Hippogryph and Unbound Hippogryph), but they were added there in 7.1 but non have been recorded as active by Wowhead. This new rare sounds like she's the most promising :)
If Nightborne is playable, that is the pet for mine, discounting Nightsabers.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As for gryphons, I'm unaware of any wild ones in a colour other than brown, so currently I believe there are no white or black ones that everyone could tame. If they don't want to create any new NPCs, they could probably easily add those as extra colours to the Wild Gryphons of Hillsbrad or the Untamed Gryphons of Twilight Highlands, perhaps as less common colours. If all three are used by the dwarves there then it makes sense they came from somewhere :)

There's one new addition since 7.1, the Dawnfeather Gryphon,. There's no record of it, just a picture, so maybe someone spotted it. It looks to be the same brown one though.

This link covers almost everything that uses the non-mount, old gryphon model:
http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=34;0;792
(In the above link, 792 is the main model number for that gryphon model).

There's also the new gryphon model, which is an unsaddled version of the mount that was added in Pandaria. It currently has only one colour and isn't used much. Skyfire Gryphons, whatever they are:
http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=34;0;8310
The reaction values suggest they're Alliance NPCs.
The model is also used on some other things that are mostly friendly:
http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=34;0;5040
So those aren't looking so promising at this stage, but who knows what'll be added between now and 7.2? :)

I also checked up the spectral gryphon model on Wowhead, but couldn't see any NPCs using the non-mount version. But one could always be added as a spirit beast at some stage :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The more I look at the potential tames in this family the more I get excited. I rather like the Gryphowls, I'm totally crushing on the black one. I'm very excited to see if the Weagles make it in too (Fingers Crossed) and to see if they come in any other colour combos. I have a nostalgic weakness on the old Blue Hippogryph too, if they added that on back in I'd be very very tempted.... like I said, kinda excited :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just a minor suggestion I posted on the forums:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752316093#1

It's nothing important but it would be kinda nice if wild owlcats had the braids removed to (a) make them look wild and (b) differentiate them a tiny bit from the actual druid form.

My suggestion is obviously inspired by the possibility of them being tameable in 7.2, though we don't know that for sure yet.

If they do become tameable, maybe there could be an Ancient Druidic Hair Braider in the game, similar to the Crab Shank, that would allow a Hunter who so wished to give their owlcat pet braids again :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I tried to reply and show support but its being dumb. I'll try again later. I think its a nice idea. You sounded more confident about their chances at being tameable than I was expecting, so got me excited.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

They could add phased tameables to the class hall zone, visible once you meet the requirements.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

This alone could get me off my Demon Hunter and start again leveling my BM hunters cause who doesn't want a hippogryph to match the LFH mount or even a blue one I for one though hope for Horde side we can tame the Wyverns.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've always wanted to tame Sorrow Wing in Stonetalon Mountains since way back in the day. Maybe, just maybe that'll happen. If not I'll happily take a hippogryph. :lol: Or a sabercorn. OR both

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Are there not some wild Hawkstriders in Shadowmooon Valley? I really feel like there are if I remember correctly. I would love them.

Edit: Found them! http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21627/eclipsion-hawkstrider
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Okay so if they adding in flying families would that mean Pterrordax and Pterrorwings will be tameable then too!? :-D? Or maybe when you unlock this part you still need the dinomancy part to tame them maybe :-D so the ones that didn't get the dinomancy tome yet would still need that after the class hall thing?

And so the class hall mount is from after finishing the entire questline in the class hall right?
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And I think the owlcat is based off the flightless gryphon
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Takanuka wrote:And I think the owlcat is based off the flightless gryphon
Correct. I thought that it was based on the flying cat model, but after looking closer, it does not have any associated flying animations. Therefore they would have to add on the (crumpled) foldout wings to the model for the animations to work.
It's a decent amount of work and I sadly don't see them doing it if it's not already done somewhere. :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

If we getting flying pets wouldn't that mean that Pterrorwings and Pterrordax may be tameable as well? Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns would be given but maybe Pterrorwings and Pterrordax would be viable too. But would need the dinomancy too perhaps? If they do they need to update the old models already. Like update the old wolves, keep their look but update it so it wont be to blocky, update hyenas, gorillas, Monkeys, Pterrordax, and the stegodons I mean wth they update the kodos but not the stegodons!?
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh and if we getting flying pets would be a nice effect that they fly with us ofc would be set to passive like they do when you use land mounts but would be a nice visual having your flying pet fly with you. I believe one of the old flying pets a bat did before blizzard said nope like they always want to do e.e".
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be really cool if they could at least fly with us. Maybe there are technical reasons they can't, but plenty of minipets can.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Owlcats are probably only capable of gliding. To chase after gliding squirrels.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xota wrote:Owlcats are probably only capable of gliding. To chase after gliding squirrels.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm really wondering whether the new pet family for feathery things is in the database now that 7.2 is on the PTR. I haven't seen it mentioned in datamining and I don't really have the tools to do that from here. :p
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Wowhead posted this one their "New Models" page, if anyone wants to take a look of the model without the saddle and armor.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Aggannor wrote:Image

Wowhead posted this one their "New Models" page, if anyone wants to take a look of the model without the saddle and armor.
I'm not even a fan of wolves, or wolf.. bird..things, but that model is beautiful. Lovely textures and silhouette. Impressed.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!