[New Pet Family] Class hall mount bonus?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: [New Pet Family] Class hall mount bonus?

Unread post by Quiv »

Its a gorgeous model for sure. Then I saw the animation. Its a wyvern in wolfhawk costume, lets be honest :lol: still love it though.

Personally I will be paying close attention to this PTR cycle and unlocking the mount and flying pet family as soon as I can. Despite my better judgment I let myself get super hyped about the possibility for this new family.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sorry I didn't search through all 7 pgs to see if this had been mentioned or not but:
Class mounts are up, these will be rewarded for completing Broken Isles Pathfinder
Personally I find this a HUGE disappointment. I just freaking finished Draenor Pathfinding about two or three months ago. Recent enough I completely forgot I could fly there. :( Which means that I probably won't get this mount until 2 yrs after Legion launch. Kind of not cool that for casual players, or people who just simply cannot log in daily & play for hours on end are a$$ed out. No offense to those who are able to meant. Just saying.

Edit: Meaning not getting the mount means also not getting to tame a gryphon etc.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Pathfinder this expac really isn't that bad... especially if you've been playing the game regularly. Stuff like getting exalted with the factions happens naturally as you do world quests & emissaries for gear, AP, etc., and is broken up into two parts so you don't have to do it all at once.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

zedxrgal wrote:Sorry I didn't search through all 7 pgs to see if this had been mentioned or not but:
Class mounts are up, these will be rewarded for completing Broken Isles Pathfinder
Personally I find this a HUGE disappointment. I just freaking finished Draenor Pathfinding about two or three months ago. Recent enough I completely forgot I could fly there. :( Which means that I probably won't get this mount until 2 yrs after Legion launch. Kind of not cool that for casual players, or people who just simply cannot log in daily & play for hours on end are a$$ed out. No offense to those who are able to meant. Just saying.

Edit: Meaning not getting the mount means also not getting to tame a gryphon etc.
Oh lord I hope the access to the quests or stuff leading up to the class mounts is account-wide. I like almost all of the mounts but if I have to do pathfinder on every character to get those, I'll be salty.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:Sorry I didn't search through all 7 pgs to see if this had been mentioned or not but:

Oh lord I hope the access to the quests or stuff leading up to the class mounts is account-wide. I like almost all of the mounts but if I have to do pathfinder on every character to get those, I'll be salty.
I'm sure the Pathfinder part at least will be account wide, you probably just have to complete the Order Hall quest chain on each character though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizz has stated many times that Flying, and thus Pathfinder, is account-wide. However, you will have to do the campaigns on each character to get the mounts. Honestly, Pathfinder is very easy to get. Really doesn't take too much work. If you are unable to play regularly, that is just sadly how it is. Blizz has to put some work behind it, not just handing it out at 110.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Is it only the campaign you have to do to get the class mount or do we know yet? I was thinking we would have to do the new rep as well.
zedxrgal

You have to complete Legion pathfinder and the class hall quest for it by what I am reading Quiv. In doing so is supposed to enable taming of gryphons that we know of.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

To get the mount, you just have to complete the Class Campaign quest. To fly, you have to get Pathfinder. So you can get the mount prior to Pathfinder, but you just aren't going to be able to fly. Further, at this time, we aren't sure which flying beasts we'll be able to tame, but Gryphons are a good guess.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:To get the mount, you just have to complete the Class Campaign quest. To fly, you have to get Pathfinder. So you can get the mount prior to Pathfinder, but you just aren't going to be able to fly. Further, at this time, we aren't sure which flying beasts we'll be able to tame, but Gryphons are a good guess.
Gryphons, Hippogryphs, Wolfhawks seem like safe bets at the moment.

Hoping for Wyverns and Owlcats, too.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
zedxrgal

Valnaaros wrote:To get the mount, you just have to complete the Class Campaign quest. To fly, you have to get Pathfinder.
I'm sorry but that is not how WoWHead put it on the PTR notes.
This is a direct copy /paste from WoWHead

7.2 PTR Build 23436 Models, Class Mount and Tints, and Pepe
Very first statements under "New Mounts".

By that it's my understanding that pathfinder has to be completed before the class hall mount quest chain would appear.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Right sorry, but... Wowhead is wrong. Blizz has clarified many times that you just have to complete your Class Campaign at the end of the Broken Shore experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtLWdDDHOM 2:07

Probably Wowhead said you have to finish Pathfinder in order to fly, which is true.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Definitely think they should add a mount reward for pathfinder though, like the rylak. For some reason storm drakes have been missing... even though one was shown being ridden on the bnet launcher a long time ago before legion launch. The armored glad ones are fugly and unobtainable for most.. where are our unarmored ones? :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

hoping for skyscreamers and pterrorwings
Huntress Linthirri
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Huntress Linthirri »

Just got the wolfhawk on PTR, and it seems in order to tame "Feathermanes" you have to Unlock all artifact traits for Titanstrike after empowering it.

I hope that doesn't mean that players who don't have it maxed out can't tame the new beasts...if so that's a load of bull hockey...

Item is

Tome of the Hybrid Beast
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Huntress Linthirri wrote:Just got the wolfhawk on PTR, and it seems in order to tame "Feathermanes" you have to Unlock all artifact traits for Titanstrike after empowering it.
Just kinda curious, is this a theory or confirmed? I didn't see anything directly linking the two, but if its confirmed, I'll stop looking on the PTR for the tome.
Huntress Linthirri

After you obtain the class mount, if you go to the stable master you can look at the vendor portion. It sells two other wolfhawks and then the tome. which requires 10k resources and the artifact to be maxed out.

What it means by feathermanes I'm not sure, but I went around using Beast Lore on Owlcats, Unicorns and Hippogryphs and none are tamable at the moment. Going to go try to find a Gryphon.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

That was the only NPC i didnt check at the Lodge -_- good to know though, you saved me a lot of time. thanks!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Muffinus has stated that Feathermanes are Owlcats, Gryphons, Hippogryphs, Wyverns, and Wolfhawks. Most are not tameable or implemented yet.

But yes, you'll have to get the first 34 traits in your Artifact, then the ones that'll be added in 7.2.
Huntress Linthirri

That's pretty disappointing.

I only recently got my Druids Artifact maxed, my Hunter is still a few talents off. While I'll most likely get it filled before 7.2 hits, not everyone could be so lucky. I kind of feel something like that should be baseline with the mount =/, but that's just me.