They're giving our pet abilities back!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

They're giving our pet abilities back!

Unread post by evil950510 »

Per Muffinus, "the replacements for (pet) passives weren't added after they were removed, working on this atm"

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/812524082608541696

What do folks expect, mortal strike/slow/lust/brez to be spread to all the skill-less pet families, or new utility (I'm assuming we won't see any family skills that offer damage).
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: They're giving our pets back!

Unread post by evil950510 »

Here is more.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
You think I'm joking but here's how a typical AoE pull goes with Hati around. The AI is so borked. https://t.co/laLS7GFfyl
.Hunters and Gloria - what do you, ideally, in any situation, want Hati to do? It can't be auto-win in raid fights. (Muffinus)
I wish Hati was more responsive. My main pet is always on target while Hati is left in the dust.
This seems solvable, will discuss. (Muffinus)
nobody's asking for autowin. We just want class coders to fix what was reported broken a year ago
.This has been bugged, pathfinding is a hard problem to solve, worse with 2 pets. It needs to be solved though. (Muffinus)

I'm still surprised that NONE of the new pet families had family abilities at launch.
Valid, the replacements for passives weren't added after they were removed, working on this atm, thx. (Muffinus)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Your title is a bit misleading, maybe put "Skills" in there somewhere. :D :mrgreen:

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Same ability per spec.

Mortal Wounds for Ferocity
Wing Clip/Hamstring for Cunning
Demoralizing Shout for Tenacity

Just an extra attack that matches the spec. I recently learned how fun Survival is since beta, and I love it. I don't have any problem using my Carrion Bird (Teroclaw Chick, love it), but other pets deserve just a regular attack they can spam for survival procs.