New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Unread post by Iowawolf »

With the help of making own group in premade I was able to get my third and final Lightning Paw this time on my Gnome hunter level 28 now have it on my main Horde Bloodlegend, my main Alliance Deathbearer now my cute Gnome Azerothwolf. Logged on my hunter on Shadow Council went for a flight and saw it in the bushes near Raven Hill camp quickly made a group got back on my Gnome signed up went back and forth till she was on Shadow Council all the while scared someone was going to ride by while I was in transit but when my Gnome got there Lightning was still there.

Time was around 2pm Shadow Council realm at 16,60 and yes track hidden did alert me he was there best of luck to those still after this awesome new Spirit Fox pet.

Packoff
Realm: Area-52

Unread post by Packoff »

Do we know the spawn timer yet?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've heard reports that range from 1 to 5 hours. I can't help but wonder if CRZ messes with it.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I looked for about 3 hours solid for him before I found him. There was another hunter there when I got there who left about an hour later. This might mean that the other hunter got him, left, and the fox spawned 2 hours later. Or it might mean that the other hunter simply left and the fox spawned after an unknowable amount of time.
But, my tame was 9:24 AM Earthen Ring US at 23, 76
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I finally got him, somehow, on my high pop realm. Ironic after all that realm hop nonesense I was doing. (Thrall @ 10:00pm EST)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Is it just me or is Lightning Paw bit bigger than the other fox pets I was looking at him next to my hunter and just seems to be bigger which if true is sweet being a spirit beast.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Iowawolf wrote:Is it just me or is Lightning Paw bit bigger than the other fox pets I was looking at him next to my hunter and just seems to be bigger which if true is sweet being a spirit beast.
I think all spirit beasts have traditionally been slightly larger than their "normal" counterparts, if I'm remembering correctly, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. :) I know for sure Skoll was bigger than the average Northrend worg.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Hmm odd, he doesnt have the lightning effect on the character screen.

Irontagerr
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Irontagerr »

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!

Just tamed around 3:10 Dalaran server time! Shoutout to the friendly Pandaren hunter who greatly streamlined my run by giving me the most common spawn bushes!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_011617_151052.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011617_151052.jpg (276.38 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Working on this one, but I swear there's tons of Alliance hunters parked on MG.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Is it just me or is Lightning Paw bit bigger than the other fox pets I was looking at him next to my hunter and just seems to be bigger which if true is sweet being a spirit beast.
I think all spirit beasts have traditionally been slightly larger than their "normal" counterparts, if I'm remembering correctly, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. :) I know for sure Skoll was bigger than the average Northrend worg.
OMG I just brought Skoll out of the stable and yes you are right she is bigger than other saber worgs so ya spirit beasts definitely are bigger :headbang:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:I think all spirit beasts have traditionally been slightly larger than their "normal" counterparts, if I'm remembering correctly, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. :) I know for sure Skoll was bigger than the average Northrend worg.
Hmm, so between Lightning Paw and Skoll, Lightning Paw would make the smaller Hati, right?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I tried Lightning Paw and Ashtail Hati just to see the difference. It's noticeable but not like slapping you in the face noticeable. Makes a nice pairing if you like to match your pets, but don't want an exact match.

Lightning Paw Hati is visually annoying, unless you love the flickering of double electric I don't really recommend it.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Thanks to all the tips I got a new friend.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I love Hati - Lightening Paw. That's the whole reason I hunted 'Paw up. The lightening effect looks funky on most pets, but since it already sparks and flickers it's a great combo. :)

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Talihawk wrote:I love Hati - Lightening Paw. That's the whole reason I hunted 'Paw up. The lightening effect looks funky on most pets, but since it already sparks and flickers it's a great combo. :)
Ah, it's just too much for me. I like the default effect on Lightning Paw, it's a fairly low key spark effect. I don't like it when something looks like it's going to blow up at any moment!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I do agree, I have a thing where visuals like that bother me incredibly and sometimes disorient me, same with the constant electric crackle (and other similar noises), which is why I avoid idling with my pets out .

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Talihawk wrote:I love Hati - Lightening Paw. That's the whole reason I hunted 'Paw up. The lightening effect looks funky on most pets, but since it already sparks and flickers it's a great combo. :)
Ah, it's just too much for me. I like the default effect on Lightning Paw, it's a fairly low key spark effect. I don't like it when something looks like it's going to blow up at any moment!

:D I kinda found this too. Originally like Talihawk, I thought how good a Hati mogged to a fox would be, but it was just a little too much for my personal taste. Ended up happier with a Hati mogged to a grey (matching) fox and thenLightingpaw as my main, a better match. They both had similar amounts of lightning, just a little different it type. Lightingpaw is not super transparent so the difference there was not too bad either, both nice subtle differences, but similar enough too. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

So, does he spawn in ANY of the blinking bushes? Also, be careful on MG. We've had a level 80 warlock camping for days and spamming rain of fire on his spawn points. :|
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
InfernalEnt
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Unread post by InfernalEnt »

I can't seem to get the CRZ with myself trick to work, it just keeps me in same stupid instance of duskwood ._.