Who if your favorite pet and how did you get them?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Who if your favorite pet and how did you get them?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

With the ability now to tame hippos and other feathermanes my favorite pet has changed where it used to always be Loque now it has to be Netherbeak she was the first I went after once I got the book learned and she is always now at my side even Hati looks like her. Netherbeak is just so cool I wish though I was able to get the mount.
Olithehunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by Olithehunter »

Definitely my Mana Saber Helena. When I first got Legion, I was so excited for the Mana Sabers. I constantly changed pets until level 110 when I could finally go to Suramar to tame one. I searched and searched until I came across Myonix (I think that's her name) and I got so excited. Pretty much the only reason I keep being a BM hunter is to continue playing with Helena. She has never left my side since I tamed her.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Mine would be these 2!

always have and still used them today XD
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020617_220619.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020617_220619.jpg (284.57 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I've had alot of favorites. I tend to have one or two that are my bosom buddies for an expansion and then quietly retire, sometimes being released back to the wild for a time. I actually know the spawn point for certain unnamed, non-rares who are my friends.

First, back in WotLK, it was Timber, who was my first pet ever, who I tamed on my first character who is still my main. Granted I did release him for a while, but he's back in all his one pixel glory (please, please upgrade those worgs, blizz...). I bring him out for special events, but that is about it, since he's a bit hard on the eyes these days.

Timber is Timber, the rare worg from Dun Morogh. When I was a noob, I was a complete and utter noob. I didn't know anything about WoW or MMOs in general. I actually kinda thought the entire game took place in Dun Morogh and had never seen a rare or a wolf that wasn't the skinny coyote model. So seeing Timber strutting around with his pack of wolves was danged impressive. I remember describing him to my friend who got me to try the game "He's all fluffy, like he has a big tail and poofy legs, and has this silver dragon looking thing around his little picture. There's no other wolves like him!" I'm certain she was having to work very hard not to laugh.

He tried to kill me and succeeded. This was back when he was a level 10 with a pack of his own and was kind of a threat. Back then, hunters didn't start with a pet, either and I was about level 7 I think. A higher level player came along, asked if I need help, and I asked them to kill "that stupid wolf" which they did. Like I said, I knew nothing. Leveling took a little longer back then, so it took me a bit to get to level 10, but some time later when I learned to tame things, I decided that wolf would be my first pet. He was actually there when I went to look for him and I wasn't surprised because I didn't know what rares were anyway. This was when rares were actually rare, though I don't know what his spawn timer would have been.

So, I picked off the wolves in his pack, one by one, ever so carefully, running my little dwarf behind all around that frozen lake being chased by angry wolves, until I had him by himself. And then, he was mine! And I adored him. And gave him a stupid name because I didn't understand that I couldn't easily change it. So, he was "Smudge", named after a childhood dog of mine, for a while. We were inseperable, until I got lost and ended up in Darkshore and met the Strider Clutchmother. I didn't understand stables. My friend had mentioned them to me, but she wasn't a hunter and didn't explain it well and I didn't trust it not to lose my pet for some reason so I decided it would be better to release him. And at the time, I thought it was really all over, because it says "you will never be able to summon this pet again" which I thought meant I couldn't tame him again. But I'd given him a dumb name, and there was that blue bird.....

And so it went. My favorites since Timber: Hortensia the blue tallstrider, Magdalena the red hyena, Kyon the Kurken, Kyndri the ghostsaber, Pepper the black devilsaur, Felix the white warpstalker, Luna the white Northrend worg, Rune the spiked green crab, Luckydo the blue porcupine, Amadeo the floof lion, Liren the golden quilen, Leocadia the blue runesaber, Magnus my perpetually name-challenged shoveltusk who needs a new name again, Ransom the fel wolf, Compass the white mana ray, Strawberry the white bat, and Eyelicker the green diemetradon. Yeah, Smudge would have eventually fit in just fine with that name, but I was super-serious at the time.

My extra hunters have more defined favorites, but I've gone on long enough I think :)

Attachments
timber.jpg
timber.jpg (381.42 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Skorn the devilsaur has been with me since the very first day of WotLK, and he somehow became my favourite pet. :) I'm not sure what it is about him that clicked so immediately, I was so excited that we could finally tame devilsaurs and I think even to this day his model has gorgeous detail that the newer versions don't capture. He goes with me everywhere, and he's always in Veph's first Call Pet slot.

Moving into BfA, I've decided to change Veph into a Dark Ranger (at least in-character) in the hopes that we'll get an undead elf allied race in the future. Re-imagining Skorn as an undead devilsaur raised by the Scourge has really fit well with his name, origins, and colour scheme. Looking forward to approaching these two in a new way going forward. :D