New family : Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: New family : Feathermanes

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Valnaaros wrote:They look a bit odd when attacking. They'll be standing in between attacks, then suddenly start flying and perform an attack before landing again. I know that they have no ground fighting animations, but the animations just don't seem very fluid. Smooth.
Anyone that is testing these, if you have access to twitter, feedback is certainly welcome and even asked for... :)

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/838569875962384384
Attachments
tweet.jpg
tweet.jpg (123.37 KiB) Viewed 2426 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I really hope animation decision made for Wolfhawks, applied to Rylaks as well.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just shooting off the cuff. And this might get up some folk's ire but I'm wondering if her pet only shows as tameable because the hippogryph models are AND there's a second corrupted hippo somewhere and it's not her pet that's the tamable corrupted hippo.
An NPC's pet has never been tamable in the past so I don't think they'd start now. I could be wrong but I don't think so. Muffinus said the corrupted hippogryph was there "if you can find it" but that doesn't mean its specifically her pet.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Lalathin is, literally, the only Corrupted Hippogryph in WoW. There are no other versions. Myself and others have thoroughly searched the DB and have only found her.

You are putting it in the same category as other minions/pets to mobs have been in the past. It isn't going to be sitting next to her in the Nighthold raid, let alone any other place where you see Elisande. It is meant as a clue and a point of lore - that it was Elisande's pet, but she is dead now. It is probably in Suramar or Suramar City, where Elisande has been for ten-thousand years.
zedxrgal

Since it never hurts to ask:
4m
Zedxrgal‏
@Muffinus Any hints on Corrupted Hippogryph? Is it truly Elisande's pet???

Hopefully he'll take pity and give a hint. Since it's in the PTR and not found.

And I know her lore. Like I said. I read a lot. :) But blizzard has no qualms in going completely away from lore sometimes. That's been my whole point in my posts about this. It pathing around the entire Broken Isles might explain why it's not being found in Suramar even though people have looked very hard for a very long time to find it.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wonder if the elite wyvern model got combat anims. Hmmm. Can't check for a couple of days.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Then why tag it as such? If it has nothing to do with Elisande, then why even call it that?

By now, someone would've seen it if it was flying around the Broken Isles. Unless it is stealthed, of course, but that seems awfully cruel to have something stealthed and flying through various zones.

Wain - I just checked its animations. No combat animations at all.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

It's a shame that they couldn't program a system where once a model goes into combat mode it briefly changes in animation, so they fly towards their target, or when gaining any movement speed increase it changes to be airborne.

I would imagine Wyverns having similar issues with their wingspan (loud noises) as well. Don't tamed Gryphons constantly do their idle roars? Basically it's like if you combined the loud noises of Hydras and the constant idle of a cat.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Pretty much, yes.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Pretty much, yes.
Eh, I've had the original ghost hydra for nearly a decade, loud animal noises mean nothing to me now *twitch twitch*
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

lol
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Wain wrote:Wonder if the elite wyvern model got combat anims. Hmmm. Can't check for a couple of days.
Can't see any, but could be wrong. :|
zedxrgal wrote:Hopefully he'll take pity and give a hint. Since it's in the PTR and not found.
Call me crazy, but I quite like the fact that there are some secrets that aren't found in the PTR, or even for a patch or so. It gives them a chance to be genuinely stumbled upon (like lighting paw), and for those without the ability/time to download/access the PTR a chance to engage in the hunt too.

It just makes the world a little more mysterious ;)

­
­
­
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

But yeah, I'm kind of at odds with the Wolfhawks. On one hand, they're awesome alternate wyvern+wolf babies. But the fact that they can't chase down their target while airborne kinda ruins the fantasy for me a bit. Though Wolfhawks come across to me as masters of both air and land at first glance, much more than the original Wyverns.

Though I am DEFINITELY using two Wyverns in PvP. Hordie for life.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As I have said before, there is a chance the means to spawn it aren't implemented yet. Not till live.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

PorrasouxRex wrote:But the fact that they can't chase down their target while airborne kinda ruins the fantasy for me a bit.
Agreed. I have made the suggestion to have their flight animations trigger by combat, that way they will fly down and attack targets, and settle then into running when there is nothing to chew on. :)

­
­
­
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

zedxrgal wrote:Just shooting off the cuff. And this might get up some folk's ire but I'm wondering if her pet only shows as tameable because the hippogryph models are AND there's a second corrupted hippo somewhere and it's not her pet that's the tamable corrupted hippo.
An NPC's pet has never been tamable in the past so I don't think they'd start now. I could be wrong but I don't think so. Muffinus said the corrupted hippogryph was there "if you can find it" but that doesn't mean its specifically her pet.
Her pet isn't actually controlled by her though. It's just a tag, a title. It's not like it's summoned by her in the fight. And why would they add an old model hippogryph named elisandes pet in 7.2 when we're done with her, unless it's for hunters?

I just highly doubt Lalathin isn't the tameable corrupted hippogryph... it makes no sense, unless they want to tease us. And even if she wasn't tameable, why haven't we found her yet? She's obviously hidden for a reason.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's what I've been saying, Lupen. It isn't a mob controlled by Elisande; just a tag. A pet that was once Elisande's.

I agree, it has to be the one. Doesn't make sense for it not to be.
zedxrgal

SpiritBinder wrote:[Call me crazy, but I quite like the fact that there are some secrets that aren't found in the PTR, or even for a patch or so. It gives them a chance to be genuinely stumbled upon (like lighting paw), and for those without the ability/time to download/access the PTR a chance to engage in the hunt too.

It just makes the world a little more mysterious ;)

Oh I'm all for mysterious adventure. Part of playing games like this. But a wee hint would be nice even if it was "it's somewhere in the Broken Isles" type hint. :lol:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've always wondered how long they would let something like this go undiscovered on live before they dropped hints or lowkey told someone. A patch cycle? New xpac? Players figured Kosumath (spelling?) out, so hopefully our crew can figure the remaining out. I want it found just so the database and Petopia can be updated.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Well, shoe shine kit toy has been in since launch, and the team that found kosumoth has long given up on it. We've looked everywhere... convinced it's bugged.. but no hints.

The mask of artful dodging and rat pack, which WERE bugged but said to be fine, don't really give me hope either.

Hopefully with these pets though we don't get to that point.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |