The Trouble with Treble

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

The Trouble with Treble

Unread post by Demonicow »

So far ive found the small oil puddles a total of atliest 10 times but every time i lose them no matter when or where they arent even close to each other and the path isnt exactly laid out precisely and ive actually seen treble once after using flare but only for a breif second before i could tag it and im looking for some help he moves too fast to follow and without hunters mark for my spec theres no way i can keep it from leaving the area within the flare so its a problem for me if anyone has some advice id appreciate it
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: The Trouble with Treble

Unread post by Teigan »

If you can get close enough via flare, use binding shot. That works well for me with Portent and it's a similar situation. I regularly go and tame him just for "fun" XD Dang tricky dog. But I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It would be difficult tracking oil drops with no indication of which way he's going. Another strategy that worked with the more annoying Pandaria tracking tames was to pick a choke point where he would definitely come thru and just wait and keep flair up. Since you definitely have no idea which way he'll go, this might be best. I assume one of the Petopia Superstars has his path mapped. They're really good at that :) But, yeah. Boring? Yes. Effective? Yes. So, ambush + binding shot = tame. I hope.

Edit: Freezing trap would prob work too. I forgot SV still has that. BM/MM have Binding Shot.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

ive done that with savage and portent myself and just now i managed to tame it so yay
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If his tracks ever seem to skip patches of ground (and then reappear further away) please see if you can report them. There may be phasing issues in play, but also I know on the beta there were patches where a different designer had re-shaped the landscape and his tracks were going underground. The places we new of were fixed but there could always be others.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

I saw a bunch of tracks up but couldn't tell which direction I was supposed to follow. Now they're all gone

Which end of the track are you supposed to follow forward? Thanks
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Advice:
When I tamed Treble I parked myself in a spot and watched the puddles come/go from me.
There's a specific spot near the cave (coords: roughly 38, 38 ) where it all bottlenecks. It'll still require a little work, but makes it significantly easier to track him down.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I parked myself just inside the far east cave entrance (by where elderhorn runs) and spammed flare between the two fence ends along with frost &
tar traps. That's the best choke point in my opinion. You can catch Treble coming or going a little easier. Good luck.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Daisypoo wrote:I saw a bunch of tracks up but couldn't tell which direction I was supposed to follow. Now they're all gone
Which end of the track are you supposed to follow forward? Thanks
This is a diagram I made back in Beta, but hopefully the orientation hasn't changed since:

The deepest groove is roughly to the back.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Thanks for the tips. Got him!
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

Snypyr
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Snypyr »

I too had a lot of trouble with the oil puddles seeming to disappear randomly. I'd either be following them and they'd stop, so you think you've found him about to lay down the next track, but he's nowhere around where the next track should land, and it never does land, and all the previous tracks are suddenly gone too. In the end, as others have said, I just picked a choke point and kept flaring until he finally passed through.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Congrats! He's a great pet.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!