PTR and feathery tames?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

PTR and feathery tames?

Unread post by Wain »

So has anyone completed the pathfinder on the PTR and got flying yet? Or is that not yet implemented?

I'm still away and can't check. Just curious if our new feathery family is available for tame yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: PTR and feathery tames?

Unread post by Quiv »

I checked the new area and the quest I had didn't seem to be completable, couldn't find the NPC I was supposed to interact with. I checked a few beasts on the BI and they werent flagged as tameable, but I wasn't sure if these special circumstances (like direhorns and mechs) would even show tameable if I hadn't unlocked it yet. Also the MMO Champ database didn't seem to have any new tameables or a new family that I saw so it strikes me that its NYI.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah well, thanks for checking. :). The selfish part of me was hoping they won't be added till I get back next week and can handle the database and website side of it anyway ;)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I hope you'll keep checking!

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Just curious if there is any update on this topic yet - like which winged groups are flagge dfor taming? I myself don't have time to dapple in PTR at the moment, so when I play I only play on live which is why I'm asking you guys.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They aren't implemented yet. They probably won't be until Blizz adds the rest of the Class Campaigns and the mounts, which they haven't.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just to note, there is the new non-mount version of the wolfhawk model, but to my knowledge that hasn't been added to the game yet either. It's currently lacking attack animations so couldn't be used until it has them, but hopefully they're coming! Nothing's been announced as to whether that model will be used, however.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Ooh I hope the Fleshrender Rocs will be tameable. They'd be awesome too!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote:Ooh I hope the Fleshrender Rocs will be tameable. They'd be awesome too!
Hopefully! Though they're probably better off in an existing family (like carrion birds or birds of prey) than in a feathery beasts one, which sounds more like it's designed for beast/bird hybrid monsters. They could also make a great roc or dire bird family with the dread ravens of Draenor too.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:
Talihawk wrote:Ooh I hope the Fleshrender Rocs will be tameable. They'd be awesome too!
Hopefully! Though they're probably better off in an existing family (like carrion birds or birds of prey) than in a feathery beasts one, which sounds more like it's designed for beast/bird hybrid monsters. They could also make a great roc or dire bird family with the dread ravens of Draenor too.
Personally I think they belong in the bird of prey family. They "look" more hawk /eagle-ish than vulture. They look like a hunter type bird not the scavenging type. YES that is debatable. :) Definitely not in with the gryphons etc.
I sincerely hope this will allow hunters a whole new genre to tame though.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=242155/anc ... -knowledge

Seems like it will be Feathermanes only.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

:( I sincerely hope it's not just them since at Blizzcon gryphons were specifically mentioned. Unless! I wonder if that's what the family may be called??? The feathermane family. Speculation.................. could include the feathermanes themselves, gryphons and wyverns. Meh. It's the PTR. Could change could not.
Thanks for the heads up though.
But, TO ME, if it's just for the wolf-bird-bear-thingy .............. meh.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Keilden wrote:http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=242155/anc ... -knowledge

Seems like it will be Feathermanes only.
Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed. :( I did assume that the feathermanes would be included, I was hoping there'd be at least a couple more species though. I'll admit the feathermanes don't appeal to me as pets personally, so there's that as well, but I'm sure there will be a lot of happy hunters regardless.

EDIT: Crossing my fingers that you may be right Zed, maybe it is just a family name that will include more than just the owlcats.

EDIT 2: Eee, my fears were unfounded. :D
Last edited by Vephriel on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

still keeping fingers crossed for skyscreamers, especially since the wowhead placeholder icon is a direhorn.......... it is hard not to think about skyscreamers when you think about the tome of dinomancy farming days >.>
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Feathermane still sounds like it would include gryphons and hippogryphs to me. But that might be because the owlcats are also called "Moonspirit" according to the Feral Druid appearance with the same look. Plus it says tome of hybrid beasts", which I feel like if they only meant literal "feather mane owlcats", it would've just been tome of the feathermane, not hybrids.

But either way, I'll be happy. I really love the owlcats lol

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

...Man, I dunno. Yeah, 'feathermane' is ambiguous but remember the Direhorn book which only allows us to tame one very specific model. My inherent pessimism is telling me it's just owlcats (again) but I guess we'll see.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nachtwulf wrote:...Man, I dunno. Yeah, 'feathermane' is ambiguous but remember the Direhorn book which only allows us to tame one very specific model. My inherent pessimism is telling me it's just owlcats (again) but I guess we'll see.
Oh, I guess splitting the thread left the end of this one rather ambiguous. No worries Nacht, other beasts were confirmed:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24628