[PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Re: [PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Unread post by Takanuka »

Well, I doubt we will get a underwater expansion since gul'dan literally raised a island to the surface and the shamans area is literally above the capital of the Naga Naz'jatar and the Eternal Palace where Azshara rules in. If the shaman order hall was lay sieged by naga then I would believe they intend on one but doubt it. Besides the system of rares worked out nicely like how Lightning Paws one of the few real rares since wod introduced majority of Vinegrette which had the rare icon but always spawned which made it boring. But to fix the issue of taming and enemy hunters killing it in mid tame like GU-4U-D3R from Alcaz Isle would be implementing it like the Iron Juggernaut where only the initiator can attack it or even aggro it.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And yeah new types of pets would be nice. Effect pets like the oiled pets or the sword in Head one. And glitched pets would be nice as maybe a test to see how much would go for it. I mean those don't even have to be worms they could be their own Family like a Centipede since they do look like one. But still blizzard if you see these please don't take the cuddly little skull cracker away Dx. I was so delighted seeing this tameable currently since I always wanted one when I saw it back in Burning Crusade.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I don't know how one island constitutes the whole sea floor. Besides, the game is made to scale. Things are much bigger than they are in game. For example, it takes several hours to reach Goldshire from Stormwind. I

f you haven't noticed, there has been a TON of foreshadowing in regards to Azshara and N'zoth. So much so, that there has to be an xpac involving them coming up next.
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

sadly the worm is no longer tamable. Blizz made their decision.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I just noticed that.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah because blizzard likes to shit on everyone instead of leaving a harmless thing alone while they do nothing about real problems like how I still see idiots taking flags up onto the mountains in war song gulch behind the invisible walls, how people are teleporting into enemy flag rooms and back from time to time, allowing people to troll with that annoying snail electrical aoe pet in dungeons, letting people blatantly abuse spells to get a already determined no no pet like the (Baby Direhorn) yet not remove it by running a simple id scan on the player base:since that legitimately was an actual exploit when it was already deemed not tameable previously during mop, the random bug where you are looking for a rare and it suddenly leaps you onto a different realm losing the npc when it spawned (Happened twice to me), and much more but I'm tired of typing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz does deal with those things, but many of what you have listed have multiple ways of doing them. There isn't just one way that flag carriers can get up onto the mountains. There isn't just one way people can port into enemy flag rooms then back. And even when they close one door, another one can open at any time. That is how games like this work.

In regards to the Dire Horn, Blizz didn't let people do it. They didn't know that getting the Dreadlord debuff would allow people to tame a baby Dire Horn. Once they found out, they removed the ability to tame pets in such a way. And there really isn't a reason why it should be taken away. As you have said with your bone worm, it doesn't cause harm. It isn't OP. Yes, it is a bit big, but there are other pets of similar size or bigger.

I myself have had to deal with randomly being pulled into another server, but usually it is if I am in a group with someone from another server, or if I go into a CRZ area, which can swap you to another server. Not so much a bug as it is just how the system works.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:I don't know how one island constitutes the whole sea floor. Besides, the game is made to scale. Things are much bigger than they are in game. For example, it takes several hours to reach Goldshire from Stormwind. I

f you haven't noticed, there has been a TON of foreshadowing in regards to Azshara and N'zoth. So much so, that there has to be an xpac involving them coming up next.
And about Azshara and N'zoth, I don't see blizzard making a expansion. They have the materials but they downgrade a whole lot of this into pointless reading material or just waste it's potential in a stupid patch or quest line that sums it up way to quickly.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And I used Thel'Drenath/Broken Shore as an example. Seemed like they want to avoid underwater zones after the complaints of Vashj'ir due to them complicating the los system.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just because it is pointless to you, but not to others. Certainly not to me. If you've been paying attention at all to the story, it is very strongly leading up to N'zoth breaking free from his prison (already is), and Azshara most likely being involved. Blizz won't just handwave that all away.

Vashj'ir was *one* zone from five or so years ago. Blizz has learned, I'm sure. We can't say either way until they make another Vashj'ir. Besides, we don't know if a N'zoth/Azshara zone would be all underwatch. I can see some of it, but I can also see it being on islands or in vast caverns.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Blizz does deal with those things, but many of what you have listed have multiple ways of doing them. There isn't just one way that flag carriers can get up onto the mountains. There isn't just one way people can port into enemy flag rooms then back. And even when they close one door, another one can open at any time. That is how games like this work.

In regards to the Dire Horn, Blizz didn't let people do it. They didn't know that getting the Dreadlord debuff would allow people to tame a baby Dire Horn. Once they found out, they removed the ability to tame pets in such a way. And there really isn't a reason why it should be taken away. As you have said with your bone worm, it doesn't cause harm. It isn't OP. Yes, it is a bit big, but there are other pets of similar size or bigger.

I myself have had to deal with randomly being pulled into another server, but usually it is if I am in a group with someone from another server, or if I go into a CRZ area, which can swap you to another server. Not so much a bug as it is just how the system works.
The Direhorn people knowingly exploited it and they have already stated many times they don't want baby pets so I stand my ground here. But I done talking, blizzard entertainment is just a bunch of hypocritical idiots that like to trash on things, penalize people that don't want to waste time in something that is being trolled, and just so damn ignorant. I'm done here. There's much bigger issues they can address but they choose to be nit picky, sure it's their game yeah but if they listen to their customers more often they wouldn't lack original new artwork which they seem to be lately just reskinning pets and armor, and most importantly they wouldn't be losing customers like me which after i get the feathermanes I'mma quit. Tired of their shit choices. There's more factoring into this so it's not just the pet but the fact they chose to be assholes about it when it was harmless versus other game breaking things just gets me irritated.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The fact is, the methods to obtain the glitch pets (tar wolf, lone hunter, fire boars, etc) were exploits. We weren't meant to be able to keep the effects, and yet we found ways to work the system so we could.

They aren't a bunch of hypocrits. I'm sorry that you cannot keep your bone worm, but it wasn't never intended to be tamable in the first place. It is an incomplete model. Would be a different story if it were.

There are issues every day that Blizz has to address. They may patch up 50 things one day, but then 50 more things spring up. That is the nature of an MMO. It isn't perfect. But one thing they can never patch is individuals and their actions. If people choose to cheat or troll and make things worse for people, Blizz can only do so much. They can ban that person, but there will always be more people whom will act in the same manner. Can't stop it.

Oh, I don't know, Legion seems to have plenty of original artwork. Artifacts, the design of raids/dungeons, outdoor areas, mobs, etc.

Blizz does listen to their customers. Legion is a pure example of that. It isn't perfected, but it is one of the best things Blizz has done with WoW since Wrath - I have heard many say it is better than Wrath. If it isn't your cup of tea, that is your opinion, not the state of WoW or Blizz. If you don't like the state of the game, you aren't forced to play it. It sounds like you have made your mind up already in regards to this.

To be honest, it just sounds like you're upset because you didn't get what you wanted. You wanted a pet, and you didn't get it, so now you're lashing out.
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

I understand what you are saying, however, if you know something like the worm for example that is on the ptr and it is not gamebreaking at all. Then just tame it and dont say anything about it until you get it on live servers. If they fix it before the patch goes live so be it. We are spoiled with our pets anyway. And yes i agree there are more important things that blizzard needs to get to, but they do get to them. Every exploit is usually fixed very quickly. The direhorn was a glitch that made it to live servers because no one mentioned it or even bothered to test it until it hit live. When they put in a fix, we know it was a direct fix to the direhorn, but they whole exploit itself could be very gamebreaking. Anyway my point is, if you find something like this worm and you want it to be tamable on live and not want it to be fixed, just stay quiet and if it get fixed (like it was) then we can ask for it to make it into a "real" tamable pet. Even though you can see through the bottom on the worm when swimming i still think it would make an awesome new addition to the worm family. Its animations in combat seem good and its really cool so maybe one day we will see them tamable. Lets all just enjoy our feathermanes and enjoy the amazing content in 7.2 :)
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Not lashing out just don't like seeing illogical actions as if it is perfectly logical. And reskinning armor and pets sure sounds like they are running out of ideas on concepts. And I wanted the baby wolf but did I lash out about that? No, it was logical that only way to obtain it was gm commands and thus was logical why they removed it yet curious why it's still labeled as tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Very true, Fangz. Blizz gives us many, many pets, and they don't have to. They didn't have to give us Feathermanes, but they did. I think many assume that Hunter pets are a given thing, when in reality they don't have to go out of their way to make things tamable and add new families.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You are lashing out when you are striking at Blizz in anger - calling them hypocrites and whatnot.

Go look at the tier sets. Go look at the gear given to us throughout lvling. Go look at the Artifacts. Go look at the designs of raids and dungeons. Go look at Suramar, let alone the rest of the Broken Isles. Almost all of it is brand new things, not reskins like you claim.

As for pets, what do you want them to do? Make a new cat rig instead of using the existing one? Make a new one for wolves? If something works perfectly fine, then why make a new one? The made the Manasabers, which are entirely unique. They made the Fenryr wolf, which is entirely unique. They made the Wolfhawks and Owlcats, which are entirely unique. I can go on, but I believe I've made my point. If you don't agree, that is your prerogative, but it doesn't change the facts.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And I just noticed something interesting some new glitched pets after I went to confirm the sand worm here but I'mma keep it to myself as a fun little thing. I owe blizzard nothing in regards to ptr or anything else. Some of my friends will enjoy them tho while I am gone already picked one up getting the other. Ciao petopia forums.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If you wish to claim that, so be it. Not that I believe you. But, if you are telling the truth, sad that you have to act that way.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Care not if you believe me or not but I am sincerely sorry that I gotta protect indangered pets from "righteous" people like you guys that think you gotta report something that doesn't cause any harm to the game. Sometimes there is such need for "Necessary Evil" of which i am sure i will be placed in that sort of category as you childishly label someone as such by implying such as "sad that you have to act that way".
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Good Bye Petopia may you learn to stop being hypocritical.