My Owl Hates Tricks

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

My Owl Hates Tricks

Unread post by Varethyn »

I realised it had been a while since I had my old Kaliri, Maiara, out and about and so decided to bring her with me on today's emissary missions. In an effort to help her stretch her wings and get back in shape I instructed her to perform a trick to get into things.

She... Didn't take too kindly to it.

The bird simply set her talons into the ground, flared her wings and refused to budge. Of course I checked her over to make sure she was okay but the old girl was having absolutely none of it.

Whether it be because she's old, because she's been cooped up in the stables for too long or simply doesn't see it worth her time now that Vare is Survival instead of Beast Master remains to be seen.

I realise this is mostly likely a small bug cos of her using the old owl skeleton but I found it pretty amusing after not having her around for so long.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: My Owl Hates Tricks

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Hah!
It's simply not worth her time and effort to perform such meaningless tasks. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

WOW I forgot how pretty Kilari are. And oh my goodness, that's too cute- I bet it is indeed an old model thing, but I kind of love it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Does she stay like that the entire time after you use trick? I mean that's definitely an odd bug but.. I honestly love it. Makes me wanna go out and find an old Kaliri!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Nah it only lasts a couple seconds, about as long as it takes the usual trick animation to play. So she plunks herself down for a moment then gets back up again shortly after. I just did it a couple times for screenshot purposes :P

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Yeah, it's been doing this for a while. It's trying to call an animation that doesn't exist, for whatever reason. It's been so long, I don't even remember when this started. I think it was WoD, but again, really don't remember.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.