Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Re: Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Unread post by Funk »

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... n-wow-june
GET YOUR CLASS MOUNT!
[JUNE 6]
Represent your class in style wherever you go on your new mount! Visit your Class Hall to get started.
:3
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aha! Thanks! Somehow I missed that!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Within 120 million AP. Yay, at least I'll get it Tuesday or Wednesday. But grinding up that much AP has made me twitchy.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I did my final AP push on Saturday.
Now I can go back to pumping AP into MM and SV :lol:

(I'm not really motivated by the mounts so it will happen organically)
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

So the last quest of the Breaching the Tomb achievement, "Strike them Down", is to kill 100 demons again... but on the Broken Shore.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46246/strike-them-down
funk#1402

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

It's on on the EU servers!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. It's still some hours away here but I'm gonna stay up and grab a Feathermane or three. I just haven't decided on which yet :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm at 52/52/45 now, which I'm pretty excited about. Dailies reset during maintenance today, so it's gonna be a race to see whose servers come back up first. Not super thrilled about the purple hippogryph being rares-only as a result, but I don't think I could use her yet because my feelings about the Long-Forgotten are still so raw (4/5 crystals three times in a row, now) so that's probably fine. (Edit: wait no, it's the silver covenant that's rare-only, that's marginally less fine as I'm not feeling bad about that one! D:)

My mage has run into an impasse I didn't realize was going to be a thing—she hasn't procced a single non-Command Center follower mission that takes place on the Broken Shore all week. It's probably an ilvl thing (her followers are 850-875, so the CC missions weren't even remotely an option) but it's been surprisingly frustrating. I didn't quite get the hotfix (to bring it down to only one req. vs 3) at first; now I definitely, definitely do.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

So if anyone is like me and went to check on the wolfhawks and found so many people there it was just disappointing-realm hop into Kosumouth groups-worked perfectly for me.

Edit: Just hopped back onto my hunter to check tos ee if the lines had gone down-had gotten the blue but wanted the other two as well. There were a good 5-20 hunters at each spawn point. Did a realm hop into two Kosu groups and managed to get the two I needed on the second hop.

So I've managed to get everyone I've wanted except for Jetwing. Time to go camp a bit.
Last edited by Shade on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It isn't unexpected, though. This is how it'll be for the next couple of weeks. Not only for the Wolfhawks, but for all rare Feathermanes. Further, expect for there to be trolls and griefers that will kill the rare to prevent others from taming it.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

True, it's not unexpected but still frustrating to get griefed by trolls. But eh, I'm still pretty happy. I love our class mount and just getting the new family is awesome. It'll die down in a few weeks and I'm sure I'll get Snowblind eventually. :)

KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

I managed to get both of the ones I was particularly after: Antilus and the Pridewing Patriarch. I imagine I lucked out.
Novikova

I diiiiid it! I got a pale one, snowblind, a pinkypurple and a MEOWL. Now I just need netherwing but this is MG, so there's Alliance hunters already parked.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

This is the very first time in the history of my playing WoW (since vanilla) that I have actually been CURRENT with content!!!

I just got the last few AP I needed and filled out one point in Concordance, and now have the tome of hybrid beasts, on two toons!

Now I'm working really hard to get the last levels of AK on my 2nd account (which is on a different battle.net) so that those toons can fly and get their class hall mounts.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Novikova

I thought you could send the tome out from the hunter who had it to alts?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Novikova wrote:I thought you could send the tome out from the hunter who had it to alts?
It is BoA so once a hunter unlocks it, alt hunters can get it. HOWEVER it requires the Alt Hunter to be 110 to learn. This is something I hope they reconsider.

Unfortunately, like other BoA, it can't be sent to other Battlenet accounts. Only the wow accounts on the same battlenet account that unlocked it.
Novikova

Quiv wrote:
Novikova wrote:I thought you could send the tome out from the hunter who had it to alts?
It is BoA so once a hunter unlocks it, alt hunters can get it. HOWEVER it requires the Alt Hunter to be 110 to learn. This is something I hope they reconsider.

Unfortunately, like other BoA, it can't be sent to other Battlenet accounts. Only the wow accounts on the same battlenet account that unlocked it.

That's weird they limited the BoA. And yeah, the level requirement is a bit much.

Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

I, personally, will not be taming anything from this family. This isn't a "whining" post. It's a "matter of fact" post. I work two jobs, one of which is glass blowing. Since glass blowing is a "piece job", I have to spend a good bit of time in the glass studio to make my money. Tack on the second job and that leaves little time. Now, I also have to spend time with the significant other. When I am not working, I am usually with her. That leaves very little time to spend on fun and games. When I do log on to Wow, I don't want to spend my very precious little time grinding for something like this. Come to think of it, I don't even have flying yet. I think it's ridiculous that Blizzard adds a required quest chain that requires you to go through a raid. Yeah, lfr is generally very easy. However, my newer computer is broke down, and the one I am using gets about 3 fps in raids. Therefor, I am never alive to get credit for the kills. I am not spending money to fix my computer or to buy a new one. I don't spend enough time online to warrant the spending. Blizzard seems to forget about the people who have families, and have to work and don't have the money to upgrade computers every time a new expansion comes out. Blizzard doesn't seem to care about people who have limited time. I understand that people who play the game more should get benefits for playing the game. However, the game is no longer about how much skill you have. It's all about how much time and money you have. And I don't have the time or money to sink into the game. So, in summation, I will not be taming anything form this group. lol
Novikova

To be honest, skill is sort of a difficult meter in a gear based game. No matter how good you are, more HP and damage is always going to help you. Having a strong computer can help, too. It's a difficult balance. :/

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Novikova wrote:To be honest, skill is sort of a difficult meter in a gear based game. No matter how good you are, more HP and damage is always going to help you. Having a strong computer can help, too. It's a difficult balance. :/
Agreed. Further, Blizz can't cater to everyone. If Blizz catered to those that have very, very little time to play, then I doubt this game would even be worth playing. There should be things that take time and effort to earn, not just handed out on a silver platter. There are still plenty of things (including raiding, if you're doing higher tiers like Heroic) that require skill. If you can't run raids due to your computer then, well, I'm sorry about that. Blizz has always done as much as they can to ensure that as many people as possible are able to play WoW, including those that have older computers. However, they have to upgrade their own software and keep up with the competition, which does require them to up the specs required to run the game.